Paul scholes rejects Latics job. With some class.

I do feel sorry for Scholes. The club have placed immense pressure on the lad stating he's a fan and using that emotional blackmail to try and cajole him to become manager.

If he said yes then he wouldn't have the proverbial pot to piss in regarding budget. If we then struggled he'd get the flack and I reckon people will soon be slating him for not personally putting his own money in to strengthen.

If he said no then he'd be slated for turning his back on us - the multi-millionaire, exceptionally talented ex-footballer who refused to come to the aid of his boyhood club.

He could be the greatest coach going but the ability to pass on his skill doesn't mean our players would improve dramatically. Why gamble his comfortable life to be placed constantly in the spotlight just because he has an allegiance to the club? Some are making him out to the knight on the white horse.

He supported the club as a boy, joined Manchester United and was propelled into world-class footballer status, jetting around the world, playing at the highest level and earning millions. You could excuse him for not attending every home and away match. Many celebrities don't attend matches but still are fans. Even 8,000 of us dropped away since the Prem; some swapped allegiances but many still support the club but circumstances dictate that they cannot attend every match.

Paul Scholes fan base is probably one bigger than our own and I am sure could attract people from all nations to witness him in management. Zidane for example would come watching from the upper grey block in a flash.

It would w a major PR move and could bring a good amount of revenue with it. No brainer regardless of whethe he would be dog toss or not.