League Tables 16.08.2016

Bristolatic

Premier League

Carl Waters takes over at the top, with rudemedic and lookersstandandy closing in. Ex_pat, who knows all about being a Champion, rattles up 9 places and, in a division that saw lots of movement, the biggest fall was the 9 places dropped by, er, me. The attendance predictions were brilliant, lookersstandandy only missing out by 6, one of four people overall who went for what seemed an uninspired 3,333.

FgkLEKN.jpg?2

RpKfluG.jpg?2

Championship

The top 5 all retained their places, opinions4u moving up the 1 place necessary to land in the play-off spots. LaticsChris and ajw65 both moved up 6 places with four players, namely BP1960,MAC0AFC and milnrow latics dropping by the same amount. Again, the attendance predictions were superb and, for the second time already this season, one player only missed by one. This time it was newcomer pjkent, whilst three others only missed by single figures. MAC0AFC did not post a prediction.

3IiDy1E.jpg?2

hKtxCLv.jpg?2

Edit: Latics_Fanatic was incorrectly shown as not having posted a prediction, which deprived him of 6 points. The table is now amended with my apologies.

Edited by Bristolatic

It's all deeply mediocre...but then again we knew it would be. With no genuine champion involved, the league appears directionless - there's a basic lack of guiding intelligence. Right up to the point where the stiffs league is better than the so-called premier league.

And the difference between previous seasons and this one is that no amateurs are involved, although plenty are simply wearing the badge. (It's not a fashionable point of view but it's no less than the truth that there's more to professionalism than simply paying your way in.)

It's all deeply mediocre...but then again we knew it would be. With no genuine champion involved, the league appears directionless - there's a basic lack of guiding intelligence. Right up to the point where the stiffs league is better than the so-called premier league.

And the difference between previous seasons and this one is that no amateurs are involved, although plenty are simply wearing the badge. (It's not a fashionable point of view but it's no less than the truth that there's more to professionalism than simply paying your way in.)

:crackpot:

Speak for yourself mate ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is no way for a former Champion to behave. Blowing his own trumpet, thumping his own tub whilst doing nothing but criticise the current crop of players. Such a shame he didn't feel confident enough to put his money where his mouth is

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is no way for a former Champion to behave. Blowing his own trumpet, thumping his own tub whilst doing nothing but criticise the current crop of players. Such a shame he didn't feel confident enough to put his money where his mouth is

I've got nothing but admiration for the bravery* of modern players in this season's diminished league. If they listen to me (and do everything I say), they too can be champions.

*You're brave because you're :censored:.

I've got nothing but admiration for the bravery* of modern players in this season's diminished league. If they listen to me (and do everything I say), they too can be champions.

*You're brave because you're :censored:.

If they listen to you, they'll be banging their heads against the wall. You'll do their crusts in.