Are you the Oldham Athletic Fans' Front? (OAFF)

.... "Feck off, no.... we are the Fans' Front of Oldham Athletic (FFOOA) and we sit in silence at matches" 

... "Wenkers.... you should join the real extremeists... the Popular Fans' Front of Oldham Athletic (PFFOOA) - we scream abuse at matches and throw tennis balls on the pitch."

A hark back to an old Monty Python film but so very true i.e. in times like this we must stand as one. Understandably, people are angry and there are a whole host of ideas floating about regarding protests etc. The Trust have put their support behind the one for this Saturday - and that's understandable given short timescales.

In my view, if the Trust do not act very quickly, then the inevitable splinter groups will form; as they always do in the absence of one banner to unite under. Fans divided will achieve far less than the fans united.

Everything does not have to be unhinged at once (and indeed cannot) but the Trust should make a statement of intent that it is going to separate out from the current club regime at the earliest opportunity and morph into a genuine, strong and independent supprters' group. It's always been "proud" of its 3% shareholding - many people have refused to become involved because of its 3% shareholding i.e. suspecting deference to the owner rather than being a challenging and influencing force for the fans.

Can I please ask if the Trust are planning to separate out in such a way?

It would not be the end of the Trust - this is the opportunity for a fresh start and to finally be able to represent all the fans in what is, undoubtedly, yet another pivotal point in our club's history. We do not need to "wait and see" any longer, the circumstantial evidence of what is going on is simply overwhelming.

25 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

.... "Feck off, no.... we are the Fans' Front of Oldham Athletic (FFOOA) and we sit in silence at matches" 

... "Wenkers.... you should join the real extremeists... the Popular Fans' Front of Oldham Athletic (PFFOOA) - we scream abuse at matches and throw tennis balls on the pitch."

A hark back to an old Monty Python film but so very true i.e. in times like this we must stand as one. Understandably, people are angry and there are a whole host of ideas floating about regarding protests etc. The Trust have put their support behind the one for this Saturday - and that's understandable given short timescales.

In my view, if the Trust do not act very quickly, then the inevitable splinter groups will form; as they always do in the absence of one banner to unite under. Fans divided will achieve far less than the fans united.

Everything does not have to be unhinged at once (and indeed cannot) but the Trust should make a statement of intent that it is going to separate out from the current club regime at the earliest opportunity and morph into a genuine, strong and independent supprters' group. It's always been "proud" of its 3% shareholding - many people have refused to become involved because of its 3% shareholding i.e. suspecting deference to the owner rather than being a challenging and influencing force for the fans.

Can I please ask if the Trust are planning to separate out in such a way?

It would not be the end of the Trust - this is the opportunity for a fresh start and to finally be able to represent all the fans in what is, undoubtedly, yet another pivotal point in our club's history. We do not need to "wait and see" any longer, the circumstantial evidence of what is going on is simply overwhelming.

Trust have tweeted....(its not me as I don't tweet)..this morning and i have put on the protest page, that we are looking to pull the resources together from all fan groups

we are just working on a venue for all..TBA

We did plan to discuss/review Trust strategy at next meeting short term/long term. I think it will now its more urgent. Separation? Yes a possibility

The Trust is a membership but when there are big issues we do advise all fans with a roll out as it effects us all.

Edited by underdog