Chehire League results 1973/74

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the Cheshire League results for the reserve team from 1973/74 at all.

Perhaps you have either the Huddersfield or Charlton home programmes from that season as they are probably in that. I'm currently compiling results for all leagues on my website www.archives.football and I'm still missing 8 results and dates from that season for the Reserves.

On 4/22/2024 at 6:02 PM, archives.football said:

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the Cheshire League results for the reserve team from 1973/74 at all.

Perhaps you have either the Huddersfield or Charlton home programmes from that season as they are probably in that. I'm currently compiling results for all leagues on my website www.archives.football and I'm still missing 8 results and dates from that season for the Reserves.

A local newspaper (Oldham Chron?) will most likely have copies in an archive on microfiche if you're prepared to spend a lot of time. I've done this to update my local cricket club's historic results and stats.

Beware, it's easy to get distracted as you come across interesting stuff en route.

14 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

A local newspaper (Oldham Chron?) will most likely have copies in an archive on microfiche if you're prepared to spend a lot of time. I've done this to update my local cricket club's historic results and stats.

Beware, it's easy to get distracted as you come across interesting stuff en route.

The staff will help, but be prepared to go in person and spend an hour or so going through the Oldham Evening Chronicle fiches.

You can buy print outs of the pages.

https://www.oldham.gov.uk/hsc/services/records/118/544?send=0

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

The staff will help, but be prepared to go in person and  spend an hour or so going through the Oldhan Evening Chronicle fiches.

https://www.oldham.gov.uk/hsc/services/records/118/544?send=0

Ended up reading about a murder of a taxi driver at a farmhouse just above Denshaw in 1973. Spent an hour going off piste looking for reports of the trial. I'd be a hopeless historian / archive researcher.

• Like 2