OASIS blog & fans match Bristol Rovers at home

leeslover

I travelled up the night before, having a few carefully calibrated energy drinks on the train. Managed to leave a chiller box full of said beers energy drinks on the Metrolink platform at Piccadilly, made it all the way to Victoria and back again to find it still there, made a mental note for the next time I want to commit a terrorist attrocity. Eventually got home, via a Hollands pie from the chippy on Rochdale Road. After 20 minutes I managed to turn the alarm off on my absent parents' house. Made mental note for the next time I rob a house. I was so glad to have been reunited with my beers energy drinks that I drank them all.

Matchday - it seems that my left foot has grown in the five years since I last put a football boot on it. Five years turns out also to be enough time for you to lose any eye/foot and eye/head coordination that you may once have had. I was pleased with an early tackle that I went in for and won hard but fair, after that I was worse than shocking. Thank God Rocky didn't score from the chance that I gifted him by completely missing a ball that I should have cleared up. I spent most of the first half trying not to be sick through a combination of hangover too many energy drinks, curry for breakfast-induced heartburn and exercise, and most of the second fighting off an asthma attack induced by watching young people running too much. Wardle managed to take advantage of our different centres of gravity to dump me on my arse, and then repeated the trick a minute later, following it up by lying on my legs until play had moved on. Made a mental note for the next time I carry out a gangland style assasination.

Fortunately we were helped by several Northerners joining us to make the numbers up, what with people not being able to join due to various reasons such as injury, marathon training, girlfriends banning them :shock: and watching moustachioed men hugging eggs at Wembley :sign0094: . A lad called Leachy was our best player I thought, Kitz put down his pint of lager to join us and did a fine job in net second half, although he kept looking over his shoulder when he heard a police siren, and Paddy was at the heart of the good things we did in attack. Ominous Poultry was Ominous. Apologies to the bloke who came on for us when Sam, one of the few players we had who could be described as physically fit, pulled his hamstring early on in the first half, and the lad who did a good job for us in defence wearing a white shirt, but I didn't get the names. I bought a beer for all of the team, unfortunately they were the ones I drank the night before. I'm sure they will appreciate the sentiment.

Overall we were outplayed but not disgraced, the bald facts were that it showed that the Home team had played together, we didn't attack our chances as we might have done, but we will live to fight another day. Specifically when we overturn the 4-2 first leg result before the Orient game. The signs of promise were there in the fighting spirit we showed to get our second goal toward the end of the match, when we threw all of our men forward, and Sam produced a great header after taking advantage of the space Inspiral Carpet (who had previously been fairly anonomous during the game) created in the box. A few more hoofs and doing more of the ugly things and we will turn it around no problem, even winning handsomely.

With hindsight maybe the best way to recuperate the following day wouldn't have been to do a big pub crawl up a big hill, competing with several hyperactive kids (including Sheridan's World) on an obstacle course and sleeping on a settee about half my size. I am walking like John Wayne after he's had his piles operated on, and it's getting worse by the hour. Never mind, as I was hoping to say to Rocky if he'd joined us in the showers, it's the first time that hurts the most.

See you all before the Orient game, venue to be announced.*

*By Mark.

See below for an abridged version for Latics Luvly to show to her mate Caz :naughty:

mental attrocity alarm

left foot lose any eye/foot and eye/head coordinationy tackle worse than shocking. completely missing a ball that should have cleared up. arse

Ominous

bald fight another day A few more hoofs ugly things handsomely

I travelled up the night before, having a few carefully calibrated energy drinks on the train. Managed to leave a chiller box full of said beers energy drinks on the Metrolink platform at Piccadilly, made it all the way to Victoria and back again to find it still there, made a mental note for the next time I want to commit a terrorist attrocity.

we checked it out..... wrong sort of 'energy' drinks!!

we all like the black irish ones!! try to remember for next time eh??