Council in House Meeting tonight!

Looking at the emails OWTB members have been getting from Councillors, I would suggest that they got together to discuss the 'party' line when answering them last night. But maybe I'm just a cynic!

Seeing as though most of the email responses I am now getting read pretty much the same, I think they discussed how to deal with all the complaints they were getting.

Having had another trawl through the stuff on here. The Labour members (Key players) appear to be pushing the line its a cross party decision (3 Lab, 3Lib, 1 Con) tend to think its a case of convincing the Lib Dems to support the regeneration, we only need two to swing so to speak.

Elections are too far off to be of benefit.

Wasn't it the Lib Dems who kicked out Sportspark 2000 when they got elected?

Stipe, I'm not altogether sure that asking Alan Hardy to bugger you is necessary, but I'm sure your sentiments are appreciated.... :grin:

LOL

But really I don't know what you mean, did I put that??????

:wink:

Just done the google, superb :lol:

Edited by StipeTripe

Wasn't it the Lib Dems who kicked out Sportspark 2000 when they got elected?

A popular myth that doesn't even start to get to the full story.

Of course, the key thing was that Sportspark 2000 was to be built on Clayton, which had been given in covenant as a free, open space for the people of Oldham. If the Sportspark plan had gone any further it would have been killed off at the first legal challenge.

The only actual link to the Lib Dems is that they happened to be in control of the council at the time (I think).

Edited by garcon