Council in House Meeting tonight!

I made a corporate complaint this afternoon against OMBC For a blatant misuse of council resources and taxpayers money.

Later today I called and requested under the freedom of Information act all the correspondence (written and e-mail) between councillors and planning officers on this matter.

And also information on any training Cllr Bashforth has received from the council in order to sit on the planning committee or any relevant planning qualifications he may have in order to pass judgement and neglect the hard facts and evidence brought to panel by his planning officers.

With the council turning down this application its a big slap in the face for the councils planning officers and a Misuse of their resources.

The PA of the chief exec at OMBC told me that an emergency meeting had been called this evening to discuss the application.

I called the club and they said the council didnt invite them to attend.

More follows tomorrow me thinks!!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I made a corporate complaint this afternoon against OMBC For a blatant misuse of council resources and taxpayers money.

Later today I called and requested under the freedom of Information act all the correspondence (written and e-mail) between councillors and planning officers on this matter.

And also information on any training Cllr Bashforth has received from the council in order to sit on the planning committee or any relevant planning qualifications he may have in order to pass judgement and neglect the hard facts and evidence brought to panel by his planning officers.

With the council turning down this application its a big slap in the face for the councils planning officers and a Misuse of their resources.

The PA of the chief exec at OMBC told me that an emergency meeting had been called this evening to discuss the application.

nice one

lets hope that they decide that an emergency planning meeting is to be held,and the whole decision overturned with planning consent given.

then the whole planning commity will be asked to step down from the duties.

Well done Kyle!

Well done Kyle!

I spent the entire day making calls and trying to get to the bottom of this, last week I attended the house of commons to collect an award and it was littered with MPs and press folk I just wish I would have known sooner about the misgivings of Oldham’s planning committee then!

Gutted but not without faith!

Well done Kyle, this may explain why nothing has been heard on the fishal from TTA today.

No I speak the truth and without Litigating circumstances tonight!

(For me anyhow) lol

Anything that you right without the word "allegedly" in is taken as truth by me! :wink:

Well done pal.... I feel that the silence from TTA is genuinely as they are assesing the backlash, with this meeting, Woolas' statements, and this movement, I think we are really showing them that the whole town is behind this....

Hopefully the council will turn tail before it gets really embarrassing for them...

Anything that you right without the word "allegedly" in is taken as truth by me! :wink:

Well done pal.... I feel that the silence from TTA is genuinely as they are assesing the backlash, with this meeting, Woolas' statements, and this movement, I think we are really showing them that the whole town is behind this....

Hopefully the council will turn tail before it gets really embarrassing for them...

It all sounds very good but I doubt that they can go back on their decsion. I bet that the meeting is a damage limitation one.. like, are we safe from criticism, can we justify legally what we did and then just sit it out. If they were to rescind the decision they they would have 300 residents all banging on at them. THe only outcome I can see is a promise that if another traffic survey again supports the data already found then outline planning permission will be given. Don't worry, Bachforth will come out of this smalling of roses.

I support someone standing for election in his and the other guys ward next time up. Also who knows. if Godon Brown sees damge to the Labour party (and he does not need that) he may intervene. Alternatively, get the Conservatives to get on board.

It all sounds very good but I doubt that they can go back on their decsion. I bet that the meeting is a damage limitation one.. like, are we safe from criticism, can we justify legally what we did and then just sit it out. If they were to rescind the decision they they would have 300 residents all banging on at them. THe only outcome I can see is a promise that if another traffic survey again supports the data already found then outline planning permission will be given. Don't worry, Bachforth will come out of this smalling of roses.

You're correct that they cannot simply rescind that decision. The Committee needs to reconvene, giving due notice to all parties under the proper procedures, and then reconsider the outline planning application, based on a clearer understanding of the facts that were already staring them in the face.

I suspect tonight's meeting is a political damage-limitation meeting as Alec said. In view of the bad publicity on a national scale, the Leader of the Council and Labour Party HQ will want to draw a line under this as soon as possible to limit the amount of shyte to hit TTA and US the fans.

You're correct that they cannot simply rescind that decision. The Committee needs to reconvene, giving due notice to all parties under the proper procedures, and then reconsider the outline planning application, based on a clearer understanding of the facts that were already staring them in the face.

I suspect tonight's meeting is a political damage-limitation meeting as Alec said. In view of the bad publicity on a national scale, the Leader of the Council and Labour Party HQ will want to draw a line under this as soon as possible to limit the amount of shyte to hit TTA and US the fans.

If they atempt to "damage-limiatate" this decision it may well blow up in there faces. There only hope of stopping criticism is to get the traffic guy to say he made a mistake in my eyes. I personally think there only real option of stopping full scale war and the rolling of heads is to re-hold the meeting and make sure the facts are fully presented this time.

If they atempt to "damage-limiatate" this decision it may well blow up in there faces. There only hope of stopping criticism is to get the traffic guy to say he made a mistake in my eyes. I personally think there only real option of stopping full scale war and the rolling of heads is to re-hold the meeting and make sure the facts are fully presented this time.

The traffic guy will not do that, but the rest of what you said is what I said!

The traffic guy will not do that, but the rest of what you said is what I said!

Diego,

I wonder if Simon mentioned in his alledged discussion with the leader of the council the alledged activities of the Chair? he may have promised to ventilate the story on SKY tomorrow unless rapid action is taken.

By the way.... Diego is close to diageo.. who have an Oldham CEO.. wish he was a Latics fan. His business could buy us out of petty cash.

Can I just add a well done there Kyleoafc, and apologise for calling you a dork for starting the Sheridian out poll, no on second thoughts that was right :)

Its been hard trying to keep up with the sheer volume of stuff posted on the subject, in the past I'd have said sod work, but really can't do that right now.

Its taken me ages to type and post this with interruptions, but just wanted to add, Alan Hardy, bugger me with a barge poll didn't know he had it in him, excellent interview.

I really hope TTA stay and push this through, and the 7 feeble excuses for politicians get the comeuppance they deserve.

Edited by StipeTripe

Can I just add a well done there Kyleoafc, and apologise for calling you a dork for starting the Sheridian out poll, no on second thoughts that was right :)

Its been hard trying to keep up with the sheer volume of stuff posted on the subject, in the past I'd have said sod work, but really can't do that right now.

Its taken me ages to type and post this with interruptions, but just wanted to add, Alan Hardy, bugger me didn't know he had it in him, excellent interview.

I really hope TTA stay and push this through, and the 7 feeble excuses for politicians get the comeuppance they deserve.

Yep, Stipey. Some rather unexpectedly have come to the fore in this. Woolas can take a bow too.

Stipe, I'm not altogether sure that asking Alan Hardy to bugger you is necessary, but I'm sure your sentiments are appreciated.... :grin:

Yeh, that would be marching one step too far! :grin:

A lot of misconceptions about people have been blown out of the water in the last 24 hours. Let's all stick together in future as we strive to go onwards and upwards.