YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU! ! !

Guest sheridans_world

Had an interesing reply tonight at 7pm from Rogers (an original anti):

"Thank you I will decide on the night Cheers Cllr Rogers "

Again - I'm amazed how ridiculous the process is. Forget strategy, regeneration and investment, I'll just turn up and be swayed one way or another on the night.

I'm going to email back tomorrow - with some polite but well chosen advice for Mr Rogers.

I have the nagging feeling that this isn't over by a long way....

I'ts probably his informal way of saying that he will consider it as a neutral and make his mind up after hearing all the representations on the night - the correct line to take.

However, this is the Councillor who nailed his colours to the rugby league posts at the last meeting, and has since admitted his mistake. Instead of considering with an open mind, I suspect his judgement is coloured by the ones he wore last time. It must be almost impossible for him to put to one side his feelings about OAFC and its tenant at BP.

I share your nagging feeling and I'm not looking forward to the meeting one bit!

I'ts probably his informal way of saying that he will consider it as a neutral and make his mind up after hearing all the representations on the night - the correct line to take.

However, this is the Councillor who nailed his colours to the rugby league posts at the last meeting, and has since admitted his mistake. Instead of considering with an open mind, I suspect his judgement is coloured by the ones he wore last time. It must be almost impossible for him to put to one side his feelings about OAFC and its tenant at BP.

I share your nagging feeling and I'm not looking forward to the meeting one bit!

I can't decide what line to take - I was initially tempted to copy my forthright advice to all recipients in the hope that someone takes him aside and tells him straight - but as he's the idiot with the rugby shirt I think that would be pointless. More likely to inflame and he won't listen. He won't understand subtlety and sarcasm so I'll just have to send a very flat message suggesting that he does some homework before the meeting.

I hope you're right Diego and it's shorthand for neutrality but I doubt it. He'll still vote against.

I mean - who, in a position of responsibility, never thinks about work and decisions whilst they aren't actually working?

I can't decide what line to take - I was initially tempted to copy my forthright advice to all recipients in the hope that someone takes him aside and tells him straight - but as he's the idiot with the rugby shirt I think that would be pointless. More likely to inflame and he won't listen. He won't understand subtlety and sarcasm so I'll just have to send a very flat message suggesting that he does some homework before the meeting.

I hope you're right Diego and it's shorthand for neutrality but I doubt it. He'll still vote against.

I mean - who, in a position of responsibility, never thinks about work and decisions whilst they aren't actually working?

Your last line above is true, but you have to appreciate that, although all members of the Committee will have thought about the revised outline application, they will have been reminded by the Council's Chief Executive that they must not be seen to have pre-judged the reconsideration of the development.

Unfortunately for him, Cllr Rogers' wearing of the shirt has put him in a position where a lot of people saw clearly that he had pre-judged it last time. I don't see how he can take part in the meeting this time and jeopardise the fair and proper consideration of the revised application. I've raised it with the Chief Executive, as I raised Cllr Bashforth's position - Cllr Rogers said if he had been Bashforth he would not have taken part in the meeting last time. However, the Chief Executive has taken legal advice and it looks as though both of them will take part.

The signs are ominous as they are for poultry at ths time of year. :wink:

Your last line above is true, but you have to appreciate that, although all members of the Committee will have thought about the revised outline application, they will have been reminded by the Council's Chief Executive that they must not be seen to have pre-judged the reconsideration of the development.

absolutely - most have responded "your comments have been noted" rather than in an insouciant almost cocky manner - let's hope he does actually judge on the merits of the application and can exhibit some professional* detachment.

* I use the term loosely.