YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU! ! !

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

We need to show our Support at the next Council Meeting and it is vital that we are not complacent and assume that the decision will go in The Club's favour this time!

11th December at 6.00pm in the Council Chamber at the Civic Centre.

On the previous occasion there was a good uptake of around 100 of us who attended in latics shirts. With latics flags, scarves and even chaddy the owl. This time we at OWTB believe us turning up in large numbers will give the Councillors no option but to grant planning permission.

There will be no opportunity for fans or objectors in general to speak during the Committee meeting, apart from one representative each of the Club and the objectors. If anything is said by the objectors' representative or the Councillors, which might normally produce a comment from the fans, we must remain silent. Otherwise our presence may be counter-productive, with the Councillors once again turning against us and the Club. :redcard:

The Planning Officer's Report is clearly in favour of the proposed development and recommends the Committee to grant permission for both planning applications. The Highways Agency's report on its findings is also in favour.

We have all discussed this, we have marched through the streets of Oldham, we have sent emails left, right and center to the council, the councillors, the government and to the club. One final push is needed in 2007. The people who turned up on the march were fantastic, lets get as many as we can in that council chamber, seating, standing, spilling into the corridors.

This is OUR CLUB,

This is OUR TOWN,

This is OUR FUTURE.

Your Club Needs You !

kitchener1.gif

DECEMBER 11TH 2007

Im afraid the 11th is the one date i was hoping it WOULDNT be on.............

Oldham Athletic have booked me on a coaching course for the 11th and it is in Salford 6:00 - 9:00 on the 11th.

So im afraid Chaddy Owl wont be there for this meeting. I wouldnt even ask anyone to step in for me as i would want anyone to go through what i went through at the last meeting. I have been through some excrutiating moments as Chaddy but that one wins hands down for the fact that it was hot as hell and i couldnt move much.

I will be ringing someone as soon as possible on the night though.

We thought the 14/11 meeting was a big night for the Club. In view of what went on that night, it makes the 11/12 meeting massive. It cannot be undersestimated what is at stake. Another failure to grant outline planning permission will be the end of the road for TTA, as they are unwilling to go through the lengthy and costly appeal process.

Not only do we need as many people as possible there in support, but also in the meantime we need to keep the pressure on the members of the Planning Committee. We need to point out all the benefits from the project to the town of Oldham, regardless of the interests of OAFC and Oldham Roughyeds. We also need to keep stressing that it is only an OUTLINE application - the Councillors will still get another opportunity to look at the proposed details of the development in due course, so they have nothing to lose in approving the outline application.

Their email addresses are:

steven.bashforth@oldham.gov.uk; roger.hindle@oldham.gov.uk; javid.iqbal@oldham.gov.uk; tony.larkin@oldham.gov.uk; keith.pendlebury@oldham.gov.uk; philip.rogers@oldham.gov.uk; christine.wheeler@oldham.gov.uk

Keep together.

Keep banging your head against the brick wall of the Civic Centre!

Keep the pressure on the Councillors!!.

Keep the Faith!!!

Guest sheridans_world
ill be defo going this time just not sure how to get in there, do i just go through the main entrence of the civic centre?

Where we met for the march, go up them stairs, cant go wrong!

I have emailed the councillors today with the following:

You will be considering this application on 11 December.

This a unique opportunity to make a positive mark in the history of the town. To support the community's future economically and socially, and to support the morale of those who live and work in Oldham, and those with affection for it.

The case for regeneration is made, the case to help a town with a massive , and international heritage to build again.

This application is a major component of regeneration and to reject it would be to shut the door in the face of Oldhamers who need a new prosperity in the town. To reject it would be send a message across the country and further afield that Oldham is a town that doesn't value its assets, and cares little for the future.

The professional recommendations are clear. The risks of rejecting it are clear.

I urge you to take a step towards a better and brighter Oldham. Support the application.

Im afraid the 11th is the one date i was hoping it WOULDNT be on.............

Oldham Athletic have booked me on a coaching course for the 11th and it is in Salford 6:00 - 9:00 on the 11th.

So im afraid Chaddy Owl wont be there for this meeting. I wouldnt even ask anyone to step in for me as i would want anyone to go through what i went through at the last meeting. I have been through some excrutiating moments as Chaddy but that one wins hands down for the fact that it was hot as hell and i couldnt move much.

I will be ringing someone as soon as possible on the night though.

I looked across at the last one and wondered how the hell you were able to do it. I' not 100% on this yet as Tuesday nights I work, but I'll certainly try and send someone in the direction of the Civic Centre that evening on my behalf

Recived the following reply from Coun Larkin following my email (above)

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail I will bear you comments in mind when the application is before the planning committee, lets hope we can have a happy outcome to this situation.

Regards,

Tony Larkin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail I will bear you comments in mind when the application is before the planning committee, lets hope we can have a happy outcome to this situation.

Regards,

Tony Larkin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds promising. I think your letter is a great example of the sort of positive message we now need to be putting to them.

Edited by oafc_ok

We need to show our Support at the next Council Meeting and it is vital that we are not complacent and assume that the decision will go in The Club's favour this time!

11th December at 6.00pm in the Council Chamber at the Civic Centre.

On the previous occasion there was a good uptake of around 100 of us who attended in latics shirts. With latics flags, scarves and even chaddy the owl. This time we at OWTB believe us turning up in large numbers will give the Councillors no option but to grant planning permission.

There will be no opportunity for fans or objectors in general to speak during the Committee meeting, apart from one representative each of the Club and the objectors. If anything is said by the objectors' representative or the Councillors, which might normally produce a comment from the fans, we must remain silent. Otherwise our presence may be counter-productive, with the Councillors once again turning against us and the Club. :redcard:

The Planning Officer's Report is clearly in favour of the proposed development and recommends the Committee to grant permission for both planning applications. The Highways Agency's report on its findings is also in favour.

We have all discussed this, we have marched through the streets of Oldham, we have sent emails left, right and center to the council, the councillors, the government and to the club. One final push is needed in 2007. The people who turned up on the march were fantastic, lets get as many as we can in that council chamber, seating, standing, spilling into the corridors.

This is OUR CLUB,

This is OUR TOWN,

This is OUR FUTURE.

Your Club Needs You !

kitchener1.gif

DECEMBER 11TH 2007

Very Noble Effort,

Hello Peter,

Regards,

Tony Larkin.

I've had the following from Cllr Shaw

"Hi,all, Thanks for your emails. I hope colleagues on the Planning Committee will take note of all your statements. Cllr David Shaw "

Again a generic reply but it shows the effect.

As an aside I added a "flag for follow up" to all the emails for Thurday the 6th at noon - so if they don't delete the email even if they don't read it they'll get a popup message reminding them (assuming they use Outlook/Express)

Keep up the good work!

We thought the 14/11 meeting was a big night for the Club. In view of what went on that night, it makes the 11/12 meeting massive. It cannot be underestimated what is at stake.

Mrs. Sideburns was mortified that she could not attend on 14th November after being one of the few who attended on 17th October. She was away with her Mum and sister, which they had booked since July. To add insult to injury she was asked last night if she can be bothered to turn up next Tuesday.

Even being run over by two cars simultaneously won't keep her away next Tuesday and woe betide any Councillors who cross her path!

Keep together.

Keep banging your head against the brick wall of the Civic Centre!

Keep the pressure on the Councillors!!.

Keep the Faith!!!

Alan Hardy has asked for at least the same number of people to attend in support as at the last meeting, when some were unable to get into the Council Chamber. He's also trying to get the Council to agree to move the meeting into a larger room.

This is OUR CLUB,

This is OUR TOWN,

This is OUR FUTURE.

Your Club Needs You !

kitchener1.gif

DECEMBER 11TH 2007

As early as possible for a 6.00 pm start.

Following representations made by Alan Hardy, the Council has agreed to open the Chadderton Suite as overflow from the Council Chamber, with the sound from the Planning Committee meeting piped through, to enable any fans/residents, who are unable to get in the Chamber, to listen to what's going on.

So let's really make the effort to get twice as many there this time.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1185385,00.html

We also need to keep stressing that it is only an OUTLINE application - the Councillors will still get another opportunity to look at the proposed details of the development in due course, so they have nothing to lose in approving the outline application.

Their email addresses are:

steven.bashforth@oldham.gov.uk; roger.hindle@oldham.gov.uk; javid.iqbal@oldham.gov.uk; tony.larkin@oldham.gov.uk; keith.pendlebury@oldham.gov.uk; philip.rogers@oldham.gov.uk; christine.wheeler@oldham.gov.uk

Had an interesing reply tonight at 7pm from Rogers (an original anti):

"Thank you I will decide on the night Cheers Cllr Rogers "

Again - I'm amazed how ridiculous the process is. Forget strategy, regeneration and investment, I'll just turn up and be swayed one way or another on the night.

I'm going to email back tomorrow - with some polite but well chosen advice for Mr Rogers.

I have the nagging feeling that this isn't over by a long way....

Had an interesing reply tonight at 7pm from Rogers (an original anti):

"Thank you I will decide on the night Cheers Cllr Rogers "

Again - I'm amazed how ridiculous the process is. Forget strategy, regeneration and investment, I'll just turn up and be swayed one way or another on the night.

I'm going to email back tomorrow - with some polite but well chosen advice for Mr Rogers.

I have the nagging feeling that this isn't over by a long way....

Bizzare ain't it £110 million pound or so investment could be decided on how they feel on the night

Surely they have had time to form an opinion

"Cheers" only used between mates ( not on official council business)