Letters from Club in regards to Ticketmaster sales

Hi all

I received today in the post a letter on the clubs headed paper in regards to the Ticketmaster sales for the Play off final (copy below)

This shows how the season ticket holders can buy their tickets earlier with their unique codes.

-------------------------------------

Dear Mr *****

Coca Cola Football league Play Off Final - Sunday 27th May 2007 - Kick off 3pm

As you may be aware Oldham Athletic have decided to utilise the services of Ticketmaster to facilitate the sale of tickets for this match.

Tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders from 6pm BST on Saturday 19th May until midnight BST on Sunday 20th May and then on general sale from 9am BST on Monday 21st May until midnight on Tuesday 22nd May.

In order to purchase tickets season ticket holders will need their unique supporter identification number and your number is: *****

Booking can be made via the clubs dedicated Ticketmaster hotline on 0870 602 1110 or online at ticketmaster.co.uk

Please note a 7% booking fee will be levied on each ticket and that postage charges will apply.

Wembley Stadium have asked us to remind fans that there are no car park facilities available ay the Stadium and that supporters are requested to travel by either offical club or public transport.

Yours sincerely

Alan Hardy

Director/Chief Executive

Edited by oafc-benn

Guest oa_exile

Hooray ! at last we have moved into the 21st Century.

Hope they carry that on next season for tickets for Home and Away.......will stop the Long queues or tickets for Exiles who cannot get to BP.

they are not gonna be on there for very long are they!???

if we do end up gettin there (fingers crossed) we should have them on sale for longer than that!

forest (presuming they get there) will be lookin at near 40,000 accordin to some idiot forest fans i know,

so if we get there we should give ppl every chance to buy tickets surely!!

does any one know will it all be down to ticketmaster sales or will the ticket office at the club be selling as well after these dates!?

they are not gonna be on there for very long are they!???

if we do end up gettin there (fingers crossed) we should have them on sale for longer than that!

forest (presuming they get there) will be lookin at near 40,000 accordin to some idiot forest fans i know,

so if we get there we should give ppl every chance to buy tickets surely!!

does any one know will it all be down to ticketmaster sales or will the ticket office at the club be selling as well after these dates!?

Nope - ticketmaster have used that cut off date in order to get them posted out to people in time. The club won't be selling any at all. That's according to the statement on the OS the other day.

McGoo

Guest oa_exile

You would assume that the Club will be selling as well <_<

SEVEN PERCENT!?!?!

Christ! They have to employ some semi-literate tool to answer the phone and that's it and they charge SEVEN PERCENT!!

Worse than the sodding bank charges!!!

Your right 7% takes the BISCUIT (cant use word I want as its a family board)

I'm sure I read somewhere that the club will be selling a limited number of final tickets if/when we get there !!! I'd rather give the club an extra 7% than a fat cat company boss in Jersey !

With work I know that bank and cc charges are 1.5% of the monies you take off the card !

I'm full of praise for the club for bringing in this system, but I'm not an Essex girl at a prom.... I don't like being taken advantage of :o

So boys, I'll be collecting ST again on sat to start queuing when I get back to BP. ! :D

Guest oa_exile
So boys, I'll be collecting ST again on sat to start queuing when I get back to BP. ! :D

..........and Richie is only charging 3.5% :grin:

Guest amoweb
3.5 % - I knew I forgot something Monday morning :disappointed::shock:

No Pleasing some people, is it that much of big deal to pay the 7% for the convenience of not having to q for 4/5 hours, 7% is about the cost of a beer, just have one less then if its that much of a problem.

The club cannot physically sell 25000 tickets over that short space of time, hence the decision to use Ticketmaster. Do you moan when you buy Concert tickets with the 7% on top.

Edited by amoweb

No Pleasing some people, is it that much of big deal to pay the 7% for the convenience of not having to q for 4/5 hours, 7% is about the cost of a beer, just have one less then if its that much of a problem.

The club cannot physically sell 25000 tickets over that short space of time, hence the decision to use Ticketmaster. Do you moan when you buy Concert tickets with the 7% on top.

Im not moaning directly at the club for the charges, I should imagine its out of their hands but I think that its quite extortionate. isnt the most expensive ticket £68? thats £5 on each ticket booking fee, just think its steep thats all.

And yes, Id moan if it was for an England game or Music concert.

Guest oa_exile
are you stupid enough to use them for gigs too?

never used them-never needed to...

its ok when you're flush with cash innit?

And how do you get your Tickets Johnny ?

Guest oa_exile
from the venues usually.

Johnny ............... Southport>>>MEN >>> Southport , would cost in Petrol more than 7% <_<

I think the problem the club have is that they had complaints about the large queues that developed especially for the Home leg.

They have had to look at selling the wembley tickets quickly and Ticketmaster have the setup already in place ok at a price.

Hopefully the club could think about looking at getting something setup in the future for themselves.

Im sure there are enough IT perople floating around who could help setup the system for them.

got my letter today too........

the thing i would like to know, and i do have a habit of not reading things correctly, is i cant see anywhere on the letter that states how many tickets you can have............. ie..the Mrs wants to come to wembley with another couple of tag alongs to swell the numbers... as nice as it would be to be sat in another part of the stadium to the wife.. it's not really ideal is it?

they have obviously seen it as a money maker....... lowly league 1 clubs wont ever get here again so may as well fleece em whilst we have the opportunity... that said i will hopefully be hogging the phone at 6pm on saturday............

but why didn't they simply put the trust into another 'big' club that is local??? IE city!!! they must have tons of windows at the ticket office there?? be a lot easier, and wouldn't cost £7 for the privilege either.......

oh well........... get sat'day lunchtime sorted first then see what it's all about...

the thing i would like to know, and i do have a habit of not reading things correctly, is i cant see anywhere on the letter that states how many tickets you can have.............

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that it was a max of 4 pp.

Official website possibly....