Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OAFCM35

Out of season revenue, concerts

Tranmere have announced that 3 gigs to be hosted at Prenton Park

Fri 19th May - Madness

Sat 20th May - the Libertines, the Coral Reverend & the Makers

Sun 21st May - Little Mix

I seem to recall Bury doing 2 gigs last season, seems a good way of making a bit of out of season revenue

Doing 3 gigs together is a good idea, spreads cost and minimises any 1 off disaster like a torrential downpour or such.

I mentioned on another thread about maybe getting a themed gig involving second tier historic Manchester bands ( as opposed to OASIS / Smiths / Stone roses)

Other ideas is maybe inside the North stand getting acts like Oldham tinkers ( no idea if they are alive /healthy ) or Mike Harding to do some shows just to get the idea out to the people of Oldham and surrounding areas of the club as a venue.

Doing 3 gigs together is a good idea, spreads cost and minimises any 1 off disaster like a torrential downpour or such.

I mentioned on another thread about maybe getting a themed gig involving second tier historic Manchester bands ( as opposed to OASIS / Smiths / Stone roses)

Other ideas is maybe inside the North stand getting acts like Oldham tinkers ( no idea if they are alive /healthy ) or Mike Harding to do some shows just to get the idea out to the people of Oldham and surrounding areas of the club as a venue.

once monthly folk night ? comedy night ? run by the trust ?

Gigs in the North stand would be a great idea. They would struggle to get a license for the stadium gigs due to the residential areas around the ground. I know they have just started putting gigs on at Headingley Stadium but have a 10pm curfew so it could be possible with that.

How many people would come to Oldham for a big gig is another question?

Maybe not a big gig is needed.. Regular small gigs in the north stand might be more practical.. Tribute bands.. m

Manchester Ska foundation etc

How many people does the inside of the North stand hold? It looked pretty big when I had a look earlier in the season

But given that it already has a bar and with trained part time staff - part time bouncers ( stewards) used to working the venue and would no doubt enjoy the extra pay. It has a large car park and its already an entertainment venue so council permission is easily argued.

What I am not sure of is the local venue competition. Are there many music venues in and around Oldham these days?