Cup Draw

I seem to be the only one who is happy with this draw. It's a local derby so we should take about a thousand up there and i reckon we've got a good chance of winning up there.

It's only the carling cup and although we could do with a decent cup run this season, i'd much prefer it in the FA Cup. If you take Wycombe from last season, alot of people tipped them to go up but they fell away and you could argue that getting to the semi's in the carling cup took some of the emphasis of getting out of League 2.

I for one am happy with the draw as it's a local derby and we all get the chance to give the Burnley fans some grief. Bring it on i say.

If we win, we win, if we don't...balls to it, it's ony the Carling cup.

:rolleyes:

We havent played them in years is the sole reason i'm looking forward to it. It is a local derby against a team I cant stand, purely due to their fans - bar the whopping one I know who lives in Moorside. Though unfortunately he's living in China for the next 3 months so I cant give him any stick. :disappointed:

We took 2,000 to Leeds

We took 1,500 to Derby

We took 1,000 to West Ham.

Heck. If we cant take 2,000 to Burnley, i'll be very very suprised.

It's far more awe inspiring than Mansfield at home. It's more inspiring than anyone at home for that matter. I wasnt really too bothered who we got, so long as it wasnt somewhere like Plymouth away or ANYONE at home. Perhaps it's me, but I always used to love playing Burnley.

There are only 4 games I would have rather of had. Ciddy, Newcastle, Sunderland or Wigwam!

As for people going on about the 'big money' teams and then mentioning in the same line. Middlesbrough. Ask Northampton fans if their happy with the draw? Are they b..........! Middlesbrough get terrible attendances for this type of game. As do most clubs.

What more could you want. 2,000 Latics creating a quality atmosphere in that wooden shack of an away end and abusing 7,000 silent dingles regardless of the score.

Cannae Wait

We havent played them in years is the sole reason i'm looking forward to it. It is a local derby against a team I cant stand, purely due to their fans - bar the whopping one I know who lives in Moorside. Though unfortunately he's living in China for the next 3 months so I cant give him any stick. :disappointed:

We took 2,000 to Leeds

We took 1,500 to Derby

We took 1,000 to West Ham.

Heck. If we cant take 2,000 to Burnley, i'll be very very suprised.

It's far more awe inspiring than Mansfield at home. It's more inspiring than anyone at home for that matter. I wasnt really too bothered who we got, so long as it wasnt somewhere like Plymouth away or ANYONE at home. Perhaps it's me, but I always used to love playing Burnley.

There are only 4 games I would have rather of had. Ciddy, Newcastle, Sunderland or Wigwam!

As for people going on about the 'big money' teams and then mentioning in the same line. Middlesbrough. Ask Northampton fans if their happy with the draw? Are they b..........! Middlesbrough get terrible attendances for this type of game. As do most clubs.

What more could you want. 2,000 Latics creating a quality atmosphere in that wooden shack of an away end and abusing 7,000 silent dingles regardless of the score.

Cannae Wait

Inspired there Luke .. You sold me the game, Now where do I get my ticket :wink:

Chim chiminey

Chim chiminey

Chim chim cher-oo!

I hate those barstewards in claret and blue!

I thought more people would be happy with this draw TBH

Outside of the prem, I think Burnley was one of the best draws we could of got after it was decided we we're playing away. Sure, we could of got another team like Mansfield away but for all the reasons Rocky_Latic & shezisgod2007 have said I would much prefer a game against local rivals. We should bring a great following like usual and I've heard from a few of my Burnley-supporting friends they aren't relishing the match, pressure on them and all that !

I understand your excitement Rocky... but I really doubt we will take 2000 to a midweek came in the two-bit cup.... especially against Burnley... Leed and West ham are far bigger away days...

Now Wiggum away - Now that would have been a draw... think we would have taken 3000 to that... but just dont think anyone gives a damn about Burnley.... for me Preston, lashers, B@***rd rovers, stockport, Rochadale, citeh, all bigger local games for me... all I associate Burnley with is losing...

Dont think anyone was mentioning the 'boro... te worst team in the Prem away - no thanks... disagree, with the home statement though... would have loved to have got a big boy at home!

anyway... It is winnable though... then Man Yoo away!

I for one am VERY happy with the draw.

From day one of being chaddy i have always had words of encouragment from one particular mascot. It was Bertie Bee from Burnley. As it turns out he only at the back of my house, but for some reason we have just never met (im always "chaddying, and he's always doing one of his many mascot jobs), but we have spoken quite a bit.

Coincidence or not, i met him for the first time last Tuesday at the Mansfield game as his new company was one of the sponsors and he introduced himself in the boxes. And only two days later we get drawn against each other in the cup. It was in the teabags i tell thee. :blink:

Anyway, i also have an old mate who is a massive Burnley fan and he has often taken me to games in the past and treated me to an evening in the sponsors boxes for a nice meal. Ive not had the chance to go though since ive been chaddy as ive had loads on, plus the fact he moved and ive not seen much of him for a while.

I emailed him this morning and he is buzzing about it and promised to go for a drink after the game (even when they have lost) :wink:

Im well up for it.

I'm happy! good draw, not a long drive, i'll definately be going up there.

Plus my sister and her husband are rovers fans, so for once they'll actually be backing my team!!!

And if i go blackburn first I myt get free food before hand :grin:

I think we can definately win this. We was so close away at wolves, and in my opinion, burnley should be a much easier team to beat.

Bring on the third round (blackburn would be good, then knock out city agen (4th), and then take the scum away (suppose i'll settle for a draw at that one :D )