Just got back from orient and guess what!

Fair enough I am not on a crusade to get Sheridan out and just because I feel he cant turn this around and that he looks clueless in my eyes, it doesn’t mean I don’t respect anybody else’s opinion on here or that they may be right and me wrong.

I am not going to stop posting but I promise in the future I will say what I see and hopefully ways I believe we can change it.

Starting with wingers that play on the wing in Taylor and Davies (as it’s his best position) and Hughes and ‘Vernon’ hopefully up front. Lol

We have the players we need to play to their strengths and stop this ball over the top and have more approach play through midfield and to feet both to the wide men and the forwards.

I think we could even afford to play 3-5-2

IMO

Thumbs up for all that Kyle!

Davies is a winger, and i personally would welcome back Vernon in a second - great finisher, and physical strength... ive said it many times before - in comparison to Porter and Killen, Vernon was streets ahead - vernon would have had 30 goals with us last season - he would have eaten up some of the chances Porter missed...

None of us are saying there wasnt faults with yesterday... but it was far from a shambles... there was less over the top stuff and much more football being played which was good... but just not that spark - but I think that will come as the team comes more settled - an players (hopefully) are played in their correct position - its up to Shez to figure that out - and if he doesnt by the end of the season, then you will have far more people seeing things from your point of view - and then you can tell us all you told us so!

One thing I will pick up - I think there is more chance of us signing Ronaldo then us seeing Kalala, Allott and KK in the same side - I think there is probably only a slim chance of seeing Mr Koala back at all.... unless Shez is a miracle worker/master psychiatrist..... though - I'd be happy to be proved wrong, and Kalala becoming the defensive player he was touted to be.....

Dont ever stop posting fella - however dont ever expect not to get jumped on if you over-embelish - trust me - if we get thumped like we did at 'pool hen you can call us a shambles - I just think things are on the up now.... we shall see...

Thumbs up for all that Kyle!

Davies is a winger, and i personally would welcome back Vernon in a second - great finisher, and physical strength... ive said it many times before - in comparison to Porter and Killen, Vernon was streets ahead - vernon would have had 30 goals with us last season - he would have eaten up some of the chances Porter missed...

None of us are saying there wasnt faults with yesterday... but it was far from a shambles... there was less over the top stuff and much more football being played which was good... but just not that spark - but I think that will come as the team comes more settled - an players (hopefully) are played in their correct position - its up to Shez to figure that out - and if he doesnt by the end of the season, then you will have far more people seeing things from your point of view - and then you can tell us all you told us so!

One thing I will pick up - I think there is more chance of us signing Ronaldo then us seeing Kalala, Allott and KK in the same side - I think there is probably only a slim chance of seeing Mr Koala back at all.... unless Shez is a miracle worker/master psychiatrist..... though - I'd be happy to be proved wrong, and Kalala becoming the defensive player he was touted to be.....

Dont ever stop posting fella - however dont ever expect not to get jumped on if you over-embelish - trust me - if we get thumped like we did at 'pool hen you can call us a shambles - I just think things are on the up now.... we shall see...

My god..I've heard some talking up of players before, but that's ridiculous! Vernon was decent and if we needed him (which we don't...getting strikers in is not the answer) then I would welcome him back. But Vernon missed sitters like any other player did. Some of them glaring misses.....I think you've let what sounds like some bitter dislike of Porter and Killen cloud your judgement over how good Vernon really is. He's a decent player, but hasn't done anything prolific and has never given the indication anywhere (admittedly in a short career so far) that he'll bang in 20....let alone 30 in a season! He's possibly the potential and for that reason, I'd welcome him back....as I said, when we need him. At present, we don't.

Edited by boundaryblue80

If Diego was that lad as above then i spent most of the game laughing at him. (not in a nasty way) He had heart i will give him that, his voice broke before the end of most chants though and he was annoying lol

By the way what did you have to drink diego cos thats some good stuff lol.

There were a fair few family and friends of players in today and OASIS.

I can only appologise if my 'voice broke before the end of most chants' yesterday. I can only put that down to two things:

1) My voice was still recovering from Tuesday night

2) It isn't easy singing on your own but someone had to try to create an atmosphere because it was clear that most other people in our end couldn't give a stuff.

I'm also very sorry if you thought I was annoying but from a personal point of view I found the people who refused to give the boys any vocal support quite annoying too.

There were a lot of people there yesterday who do two or three games a season only, but I'd expect them to get behind the team when they get the chance. Clearly I'm wrong.

Once again, I'm so sorry for trying in vain to create an atmosphere and I'll remember to sit on my hands and keep my gob shut on Tuesday at Tranmere.

Edited by Latics & England

I can only appologise if my 'voice broke before the end of most chants' yesterday. I can only put that down to two things:

1) My voice was still recovering from Tuesday night

2) It isn't easy singing on your own but someone had to try to create an atmosphere because it was clear that most other people in our end couldn't give a stuff.

I'm also very sorry if you thought I was annoying but from a personal point of view I found the people who refused to give the boys any vocal support quite annoying too.

There were a lot of people there yesterday who do two or three games a season only, but I'd expect them to get behind the team when they get the chance. Clearly I'm wrong.

Once again, I'm so sorry for trying in vain to create an atmosphere and I'll remember to sit on my hands and keep my gob shut on Tuesday at Tranmere.

It's a good job we didn't play Orient before the Forest game otherwise your sitting on your hands and shutting your gob at the City Ground would have meant that the crowd performance there would not have gone down on record as one of the best for years! :applause1:

Don't let the silent majority grind you down. :who: Shez and the players appreciate your efforts and that's what matters.

:zigga::OWTB1::comeon::ktf:

Interesting comment this....and I know mine will possibly upset a few but the biggest thing I dislike about us playing down south ain't the travel, nor the cost, nor the fact we'll probably not win....but it's sitting amongst some of our southern fans and the most of them being as silent as anything. I know not all of our southern following is quiet, but a large majority is....trips to places like Brentford and QPR (except playoffs etc) and we've had a good few 100 but few join in with the noise those from oooop north that travel down, make. The worst and the saddest of all being at Palace in the league cup under Dowie.....that has to be the worst example ever of how a team flying, turning out in London after slapping Derby and West Ham before, should support their team. Oh well...rant over....

To those southern based Latics fans who do sing....good on ya! You know who you are....I know some of you too and you're not a bad bunch :wink:

Interesting comment this....and I know mine will possibly upset a few but the biggest thing I dislike about us playing down south ain't the travel, nor the cost, nor the fact we'll probably not win....but it's sitting amongst some of our southern fans and the most of them being as silent as anything. I know not all of our southern following is quiet, but a large majority is....trips to places like Brentford and QPR (except playoffs etc) and we've had a good few 100 but few join in with the noise those from oooop north that travel down, make. The worst and the saddest of all being at Palace in the league cup under Dowie.....that has to be the worst example ever of how a team flying, turning out in London after slapping Derby and West Ham before, should support their team. Oh well...rant over....

To those southern based Latics fans who do sing....good on ya! You know who you are....I know some of you too and you're not a bad bunch :wink:

Funny that, because I am always struck on visits to BP how rubbish the support is. Better blame the Northern based fans eh? I'd say there were about a dozen London OASIS there on Saturday, several of whom were making a decent proprtion of the noise, a few from Bristol and the other Welsh lads, no doubt the usual lot from various Midlands places, and lots of Northerners, of whom most were fairly quiet bar the lads behind me (Latics and England I presume) and them two lasses.

Funny that, because I am always struck on visits to BP how rubbish the support is. Better blame the Northern based fans eh? I'd say there were about a dozen London OASIS there on Saturday, several of whom were making a decent proprtion of the noise, a few from Bristol and the other Welsh lads, no doubt the usual lot from various Midlands places, and lots of Northerners, of whom most were fairly quiet bar the lads behind me (Latics and England I presume) and them two lasses.

Lol....no, no, no....not letting you get away with what I knew would be the rolled out response....

I'm meaning away games. We know that BP is a bag of crap! I'm just saying that up here, when we have 5 or 600 (or less when you look at Forest) it's a good noise. We'll be the same tomorrow I expect at the Tramps. Ok....Udders, we take a large portion of our silent home lot....a good amount who don't sing which spoils it sometimes. However....when we're down south, theres less northerners making the trip down but these are replaced by southerner Latics fans who keep up our good travelling support. Only problem is, the majority won't sing. It's very frustrating! I know you do, MarkOasis etc....there are a number who do, but for a crowd of 300 away in the south (say 150 travelled down plus 150 southerners) it's never like a crowd of 300 (say 250 northerners and 50 southerners etc) we might take elsewhere nearer to home....if you get my drift? Maybe that's just human nature?

My god..I've heard some talking up of players before, but that's ridiculous! Vernon was decent and if we needed him (which we don't...getting strikers in is not the answer) then I would welcome him back. But Vernon missed sitters like any other player did. Some of them glaring misses.....I think you've let what sounds like some bitter dislike of Porter and Killen cloud your judgement over how good Vernon really is. He's a decent player, but hasn't done anything prolific and has never given the indication anywhere (admittedly in a short career so far) that he'll bang in 20....let alone 30 in a season! He's possibly the potential and for that reason, I'd welcome him back....as I said, when we need him. At present, we don't.

oooh Ross... a few generalisations in there - I have no hatred of Porter or Killen at all - though i think Porter was by far the worst of the three...he just got the best service.... I virtually class them all at the same standard but I remember Vernon as being possibly the hardest done to striker ever to play for this club - he scored 14 goals in a team which was well... erm... just above... erm relegation - and although he missed some sitters as all three did, he was made a scapegoat and a makeweight for Wellens.... for me he showed more enthusiasm to play for this club than the other two ever did... and to say he wouldnt ever score 20 when he scored 14 in a very very poor side, when he was 20 is just well erm... bodering on some sort of bitter dislike clouding your judgement :wink:

You should no from my posts yesterday tht the last thing I think we need right now is another striker - and I utterly agree with you.... but... as you well say, if we are looking for a strong, committed, mobile lower division goalscorer, i wouldnt look much further than him... though i think he might just ahve ambitions now higher than us, especially how we treated him.... not gonna get into this who should we go for debate if e do get a striker, but I think the last person we need is jevons... who is relatively lightweight - time for a scrap, so lets get someone who knows what it is all about in... like someone who has already scored 14 goals ina season at the bottom of League 1...

Vernon was your average squad player and always but always did better coming off the bench. The major problem with Vernon was if he didn't score he contributed nothing else to the game. The lad can score as he has against Latics !! but he isn't a 30 goal merchant cos he isn't a starting 11 player which his two clubs to date bears out.

oooh Ross... a few generalisations in there - I have no hatred of Porter or Killen at all - though i think Porter was by far the worst of the three...he just got the best service.... I virtually class them all at the same standard but I remember Vernon as being possibly the hardest done to striker ever to play for this club - he scored 14 goals in a team which was well... erm... just above... erm relegation - and although he missed some sitters as all three did, he was made a scapegoat and a makeweight for Wellens.... for me he showed more enthusiasm to play for this club than the other two ever did... and to say he wouldnt ever score 20 when he scored 14 in a very very poor side, when he was 20 is just well erm... bodering on some sort of bitter dislike clouding your judgement :wink:

You should no from my posts yesterday tht the last thing I think we need right now is another striker - and I utterly agree with you.... but... as you well say, if we are looking for a strong, committed, mobile lower division goalscorer, i wouldnt look much further than him... though i think he might just ahve ambitions now higher than us, especially how we treated him.... not gonna get into this who should we go for debate if e do get a striker, but I think the last person we need is jevons... who is relatively lightweight - time for a scrap, so lets get someone who knows what it is all about in... like someone who has already scored 14 goals ina season at the bottom of League 1...

Now that lot, I totally agree on.....even said at the time, that we should've spent the money on Wellens, not Porter and kept Vernon! But agree, he was the pawn in the deal but overall, to be fair, it was a cracking deal for Wellens. Just a shame Porter did what he did or it would've been 2 masterstrokes had we got cash for Porter when he left.

However....on comparing Vernon and I'll add Warne in too for the prize of "possibly the hardest done to striker ever to play for this club"...I think we've just found ourselves a winner in the last week or so IMO :wink: