I seem to recall that he wrote his autobiography fairly recently, even though he knew it was fairly young. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a timely move. He admiotted that he let his own career down by not keeping fit, was still a very good and under rated player though. I have never seen a player harder to get round when he was receiving the ball.

Absolutely awful news,it's not something you'd wish on anyone. He was never the quickest player but if you can score from

you don't really need to run into the penalty area. Good luck to him, the poor sod'll need it.

Yeah, looks grim for sure. It's a late-stage scenario so the odds are always stacked against you when it's come that far.

To me he always looked like one of those players you were supposed to dislike. You know, brutish, bit of a wild streak, a bit fugly. But I'd loved to have seen someone like him at Latics - a real talisman and the ability to score the spectacular. And not Lee Hughes before anyone mentions it.

Yeah, looks grim for sure. It's a late-stage scenario so the odds are always stacked against you when it's come that far.

To me he always looked like one of those players you were supposed to dislike. You know, brutish, bit of a wild streak, a bit fugly. But I'd loved to have seen someone like him at Latics - a real talisman and the ability to score the spectacular. And not Lee Hughes before anyone mentions it.

Similar to Windass (in his prime)

Met him in the Glasgow Hilton a couple of years back after a Celtic/Hibs match and was very surprised at how pleasant he was given the bad boy image that seemed attached to him. He talked about the game and happily traded views about individual performances on the day. When i told him i was a Latics fan, he amazed me with how much he knew about us. Apparently he occasionally roomed with Andy Linighan who told him of happy days at BP.

Met him in the Glasgow Hilton a couple of years back after a Celtic/Hibs match and was very surprised at how pleasant he was given the bad boy image that seemed attached to him. He talked about the game and happily traded views about individual performances on the day. When i told him i was a Latics fan, he amazed me with how much he knew about us. Apparently he occasionally roomed with Andy Linighan who told him of happy days at BP.

Anyone who boots a City player will always do for me!!

All the best John, agree with FMS in that i've always wanted someone like him at Latics.

In fairness Berkovic started it. If you take a swing at someone considerably bigger than you when you're lying on the ground and he's standing up you deserve all you get.

Especially punching someone like him I wouldnt touch him

Apart from the fact that Ernie didnt dump his wife and two kids to set up home with another woman he had been seeing for a long while.

For anyone who beleives in Karma this is the point where you say "what goes around comes around".

Horrible thing for anyone to go through though.....and i mean the cancer side of it not the being dumped by your husband.

I do hope he manages to get through it but things deffinately dont look good.

Apart from the fact that Ernie didnt dump his wife and two kids to set up home with another woman he had been seeing for a long while.

For anyone who beleives in Karma this is the point where you say "what goes around comes around".

Horrible thing for anyone to go through though.....and i mean the cancer side of it not the being dumped by your husband.

I do hope he manages to get through it but things deffinately dont look good.

Didnt know all the fine details Chaddy (about the divorce) I just meant getting cancer then find out your having a kid .