Chris Hall in Films!

I may have made a noise like that at some point. Still feel Porter was a lucky striker and nowt special, 23 goals or not. I was glad for him to leave, although not for free!!!!

Still cant believe what Chris Hall did. I mean fair enough if he doesnt want to play why should he but he must be the first player ever to 'retire' through not wanting to play. Has anybody anywhere ever done that?? Imagine how good he could have been had he had the determination to succeed that most need to even make it as far as he did! For me his retirement still beggars belief.

You aren't the guilty party I had in mind Stitch. Personally I think it showed that Hall didn't play much until he was in his mid-teens. Against decent opposition he didn't seem to know what to do, he often looked like he was marking the defender rather than the other way around

I may have made a noise like that at some point. Still feel Porter was a lucky striker and nowt special, 23 goals or not. I was glad for him to leave, although not for free!!!!

Still cant believe what Chris Hall did. I mean fair enough if he doesnt want to play why should he but he must be the first player ever to 'retire' through not wanting to play. Has anybody anywhere ever done that?? Imagine how good he could have been had he had the determination to succeed that most need to even make it as far as he did! For me his retirement still beggars belief.

Absolutely. Although I don't know if he didn't want to play, or not put in the hard work away from matchdays. Footballers are professional athletes, and maybe the lifestyle didn't suit.

You aren't the guilty party I had in mind Stitch.

That's probably me. I won't re-open the Porter argument now... :grin:

Quitting football at his age must have been the most ridiculous career move by anyone ever, not just in football. I mean where else can you get paid that sort of money for doing something which presumably comes fairly natural to you. He could have been on 800 quid a week or more in a few season and all he had to do was stick with it, turn up for training for a few hours a day and play one match a week. Then after that he could have followed whatever career path he wanted. Football is such an easy way of making a lot of money if you are good enough. What a moron!

Fair play to the lad, playing football at a professional level isn't everybody idea of the dream job. Admittedly, most of us would have given our right arm to be his position (me included), but like I said he is obviously right into this panto/acting lark. My guess he will regret quitting football in a few years but fair play to him for not staying in football just for the money.