fans who pay so are entitled to moan

There is a really funny scene in the film "ID". The crowd are sticking it to one of there players who is playing cack. Calling all things under the sun.....he then smacks a goal in and the crowd goes mental starts worshiping him......

Thats football.....:)

Footballers get hammered when they fail and praised to high even when they do well. Its part of the job!!

I can remember quite a number of people laying into Mr McDonald during his time here.....all forgoten now.....well at least for the time being....:)

People are saying we shouldnt have ago at refs .... While the theory of all we are going to do is harden the ref against us may well be true it is again apart of football and more importantly part of the overall atmosphere...

There are lines you dont cross but at the same time im really worried we are going to turn into the MLS....(all happy clappy is not good)

Edited by oafc0000

When not skiving on here, how many of us would perform better at work with 2000 people telling us we are crap or jeering when we make a mistake. Some might be able to cope with it but not many as an 18 year old on our first day in the job.

You havent seen the management team at my place :)

We needed Moore out thats why!!

And if thats peoples reason for having a go at him for 90 mins then thats up to them but how can those same people then moan at people for having a go at players for the same reason just because they happen to agree with them this time?

BTW im not saying people are right in having a go at the players all time, the people who do really annoy me. It can't be doing them any good. Unnfortunately it happens at every ground up and down the country and is not something that is going to go away any time soon. As we have such a young starting line up at the moment i think it effects them more as they are not used to it.

If players think they get a lot of stick they should try being a ref!

To be honest I really dont think the problem is just the moaning at home...it will always happen, its the dire atmopshere. I dont think the players would be bothered about the moaning if we sang their praises every so often when they do good things. Do we even have any player chants anymore? We need songs for the likes of Eardley, Taylor, Davies, etc. We now have a fair number of players contracted for longer than a season so we should be encouraging them, it looks like we are developing a good young side here but you wouldnt think it. I think maybe our expectations shot up a little too high preseason.

The issue for me at the moment is whether to get a season ticket next season. Last year I went to about 15 home games and paid on the day ( would have been more had I not broken my ankle) and 11 away games. I have always loved away games and much prefer them to the home ones, but as the club doesnt receive the ticket money, I thought it would be better to get a season ticket and go to less away games.

This year, all seasoned ticketed up but have only been to 3 away games. I really am starting to question whether I want a season ticket. Games like Wallsall and Northampton at home are just miserable. i don't mind the football, we are Oldham after all. Some of the "fans" though with there negative attitudes are so depressing. In comparison, you go to Bournemouth away with a few hundred others, and you have fun, you have the siege mentality and you get behind the team. If you lose, you still sing. People moaning make watching Oldham at home hell and I hate it and theres been a few games this season when I have just not looked forward to going.

The issue for me at the moment is whether to get a season ticket next season. Last year I went to about 15 home games and paid on the day ( would have been more had I not broken my ankle) and 11 away games. I have always loved away games and much prefer them to the home ones, but as the club doesnt receive the ticket money, I thought it would be better to get a season ticket and go to less away games.

This year, all seasoned ticketed up but have only been to 3 away games. I really am starting to question whether I want a season ticket. Games like Wallsall and Northampton at home are just miserable. i don't mind the football, we are Oldham after all. Some of the "fans" though with there negative attitudes are so depressing. In comparison, you go to Bournemouth away with a few hundred others, and you have fun, you have the siege mentality and you get behind the team. If you lose, you still sing. People moaning make watching Oldham at home hell and I hate it and theres been a few games this season when I have just not looked forward to going.

That is my thoughts exactly, ive loved every away game ive been to this season...the home games though are getting tedious. There is just an air of negativity about BP these days, much more so than in the previous 10 years that ive had my season ticket. It wouldnt be so bad if we were awful but we are not actually that bad a team!

There is a really funny scene in the film "ID". The crowd are sticking it to one of there players who is playing cack. Calling all things under the sun.....he then smacks a goal in and the crowd goes mental starts worshiping him......

I love "ID".

"My fackin kids are gonna come round here, and eat yoooouuuuuuuuurs!!!"

Edited by Stitch_KTF

People moaning make watching Oldham at home hell and I hate it and theres been a few games this season when I have just not looked forward to going.

I know how you feel, jimsleftfoot. And if a committed fan like yourself feels like that how must a newcomer to Latics feel? A potential customer, unlikely to return. As a young boy, going to my first game, it was partly the atmosphere that got me hooked. Youngsters now have a much bigger choice of how to watch a football match. Why would they choose BP at present? At least, through threads like this, young Latics fans on OWTB can see that there IS another way to support your team.

We have two choices - We can shrug and say "That's football" or we can do something to improve it. The quality of support at other clubs is not my problem.