fans who pay so are entitled to moan

whatever your views on this subject eardley and trotman have now taken time out to praise the 'away fans' so i am now of the opinion that the moaners can no longer defend their actions and must accept there portion of blame for the poor home record and shut their mouths. most people think you are both wrong and indefensible, you have had a thinly veiled rebuke from two players and a full on rebuke from the manager so even if you think you are right it is irrelevant as it is now patently obvious that whatever your intentions are your actions produce a negative effect. its time to get behind the team or stay at home and moan at the wife/ kids/ tv/ radio/ points of view.

whatever your views on this subject eardley and trotman have now taken time out to praise the 'away fans' so i am now of the opinion that the moaners can no longer defend their actions and must accept there portion of blame for the poor home record and shut their mouths. most people think you are both wrong and indefensible, you have had a thinly veiled rebuke from two players and a full on rebuke from the manager so even if you think you are right it is irrelevant as it is now patently obvious that whatever your intentions are your actions produce a negative effect. its time to get behind the team or stay at home and moan at the wife/ kids/ tv/ radio/ points of view.

You seriously think this post is going to change anything :)

lol

you will never change it,it is part and parcel of football,doesnt make it right but there you are.

there were still people moaning at leeds,and i also believe one or two at everton.

you just cant change the pyscy of some people.

and in fairness yes the players have all recently said the support was fantastic,and also the manager,but you wait until saturday if we go a goal behind,same old moaners will be at it again.

you may have a decent chance of changing things when the stadium is redeveloped,by zoning sections,but untill then it wont change....

who are you by the way,lol

I think what trotters and eardley where putting across was not the moaners and whingers but the vocals of the away support, because at home the vocals are segregated and infrequent you very rarely if ever get the chaddy, lookers and main stand fans all singing at once thus atmosphere is dead. Where as away because everyone is together you get more vocals joining in and all singing off the same hymn sheet thus a better atmosphere!

Edited by Davros

I heard some moaners at Goodison. Just the odd "Oh, come on Davies" if he lost the ball. But I'll tell you what. Whereas he would have heard the moan at BP, he couldn't hear it in such a large crowd making such a noise.

The only answer is outsing them, outshout them, outdo them in your zeal, outshine them in your ardour. (I'm preaching now; watch out, you might get converted).

:cardinal:

Forget singers sections, how about moaners sections? We can have a special section on the back of the chaddy facing clayton fields where they can pay 20 quid to moan in unison about anything that comes to mind. We all know they don't even need to be watching the game to find something to talk cr*p about.

Forget singers sections, how about moaners sections? We can have a special section on the back of the chaddy facing clayton fields where they can pay 20 quid to moan in unison about anything that comes to mind. We all know they don't even need to be watching the game to find something to talk cr*p about.

I heard a few moanin in the lower bullens on saturday. funny really how it ranged from on the pitch to the person next to me moaning about all the standing up saying "they can see perfectly well if everybody sits down".

so true. to be honest the occasional 'oh come on davies' i can stomach, but 'SHEZ GET THAT SMALLEY OFF HES :censored:, YEAH YOU SMALLEY I MEAN YOU, YOUR :censored:' is just wrong.

In the walsall game someone from the lookers paddock said something to kilkenny, who replied back to him "you come and effing do it then". Kilkenny must have been shoutin back at this guy for a good minute or so.

I always thought that supporters were called that because they support a team, to go and do nothing but moan and abuse players the whole game (regardless of the score or performance) is a total waste of time.

Regardless of the revenue the club would lose we would be far better off without these type of 'supporters'.

Yelling directly at a player is going to do no good whatsoever. However, I see nothing wrong with telling Shez to "Go gee him up" or "Have a word" without getting on a player's back.

I still say the treatment of Smalley recently was pointless and uncalled for, but Sheridan should have had the sense to sub him before the abuse knocked his confidence any further.

That said, Shez immediately showed faith in him and boosted his confidence by naming him in the following week's squad.

The senior players shouldn't be subjected to abuse either, but they should be smart enough to ignore it, unlike KK against Walsall.

As for this growing divide between 'moaners' and 'supporters', it's time to band together and raise the roof against Brighton, be completely positive, and see if it makes a difference. If it does, the 'supporters' will have been proved right. If it doesn't we might need to move out of a jinxed ground!!

You get supporters who moan at every ground accross the country. I don't shout rubbish to them when they are playing bad, i doubt that helps them very much. But if players don't like it then the best way for them to shut them up is to play well. I know it wouldn't shut all of them up, when Ricketts scored in the first few minutes of the first game of the season some still felt the need to have a go at him whilst he was celebrating the goal!!

I think because we have such a young squad it effects them more. If you look at Gregan and Lids who have both had a fair amount of stick since they have been here they don't let it bother them, the likes of Taylor, Smalley etc they are not used to it but sadly it is something they will have to get used to if they are to make it in the game

Out of curiosity how many on here were having a go at Moore whilst he was here? I know a few people who sit near me who never stopped having a go at him during games are now telling people to stop having a go at the players but they were doing exactly the same a couple of years ago to Moore

Out of curiosity how many on here were having a go at Moore whilst he was here? I know a few people who sit near me who never stopped having a go at him during games are now telling people to stop having a go at the players but they were doing exactly the same a couple of years ago to Moore
I never stopped having a go at Moore because his tactics were shocking. If I disagree with Shez's tactics I will 'mention it' :argue: but I won't rip into a player.

I never stopped having a go at Moore because his tactics were shocking. If I disagree with Shez's tactics I will 'mention it' :argue: but I won't rip into a player.

Why do you feel having a go at Moore is different than having a go at a player? If something thinks that someone is having a shocking game and has a go at him then how is that different than people having a go at Moore because they thought his tactics were rubbish? I'm not saying that people should sit there in silence, the odd shout of come on you can do better than that, or to shez the get them going or that a sub should be brought on is fair enough. But constantly having a go at either a player or manager can't really do much good

Why do you feel having a go at Moore is different than having a go at a player? If something thinks that someone is having a shocking game and has a go at him then how is that different than people having a go at Moore because they thought his tactics were rubbish? I'm not saying that people should sit there in silence, the odd shout of come on you can do better than that, or to shez the get them going or that a sub should be brought on is fair enough. But constantly having a go at either a player or manager can't really do much good

We needed Moore out thats why!!

If the people I employ don't deliver the goods then I have a go at them. They expect it and respond to it. Similarly, if someone who's wages I contribute to doesn't impress me I have a go at them.

I still draw the line at abusing players on the pitch though.

As Shez said; "I am responsible for the players", so he, as manager takes the flak. Moore was responsible for poor motivation, bad tactics and ugly football, which is why he got continual flak.

So why stop there? Why not zoning for drum bangers,pie eaters,over 60's,moaners,females,muppets,singers,non-singers,chavs, txt speakers who can't spell.

It's a free country and people will do just as they please. Let's brainwash the whole of the Lookers.

Are you trying to suggest we all forget our differences and concentrate on the main issue of supporting the Latics together?

Wow! that's radical! :wink:

I'm suggesting that there is no such place as utopia. It's all very well for Eardley to have a go at people moaning at the players. But the players get in free and travel to matches for free. Let's see what happens next time he hoofs the ball over the chaddy, instead of placing it delicately on Hughes head. And no, I never moan at the team and I'm not defending those that do.

It appears it's easy to pidgeon-hole supporters on here. The game's all about opinions. My favourite player can be the next man's lazy sod.

I always thought that supporters were called that because they support a team, to go and do nothing but moan and abuse players the whole game (regardless of the score or performance) is a total waste of time.

Regardless of the revenue the club would lose we would be far better off without these type of 'supporters'.

I hear your point but the 'supporters' actually support the club before the team and whinge at players who are letting the club down (supposedly).

I had the worst two moaners ever behind me at the back of the paddock on saturday. Not whinging at the players though - they had little interest in watching them. 2 oldish women, from start to finish "sit down sit down" in the most annoying squeaky voice you have ever heard. It began when the players came out of the tunnel. I informed these two idiots after 5 minutes that if I sit down then I, along with them anyway, wouldnt be able to see anything but agreed to sit whenever I could do so and still be to see the game. It culminated at the end when everybody stood up on their seats celebrating. This stupid bint shoved the back of my knee. I did well to not go down off the seat where I would have been trampled to death by all the steakheads jumping for joy! She got the deserved mouthful and took particular offence to being called something that rhymes with beach and then punched me in the back of the neck before a steward came and jumped in for her and got me down!! That didnt last long though after threatening to report her for 'assualt' :lol: she soon shut up and I was back up raving on my seat....Ohhhhhh when the blues!!!!

Also close to me the back row of the paddock weren't far off coming to blows with the front row of the lower bullens because of the constant sit down whinges from the lower bullens lot - their faces of anger were comedy!!

Will people ever realise that as soon as the person at the front stands then everybody else must do so!

We'l have lap straps at grounds soon at this rate!

Bring back the terraces.

Don't worry there are plenty moaners home and away. In fact there are plenty encouragers and moaners and some are the same person. Depends on the score and performance. So lets all just admit that fact and try to drown out the groans...alas you won't do it though. Same at every club, even though some tend to win 70% of the time with a further 15% draws and 15% loses.

Absolutely spot on!!! Fans have a duty....to be just that, fans! It comes with responsibility. One of those is to urge on the side at all costs. Whenever we play, whoever we play, wherever we play. For 90 minutes you urge on the lot of them. The manager too. Gemma06 makes a cracking point about Moore....and more ridiculously that :censored: began at the end of September!!! So to those replying with "yeah, well we did it coz we wanted to get him out"....what, in September, the 2nd month of the season??? It doesn't wash!!!

Abuse, ironic cheering, booing, laughter at inappropiate moments against any of our players is unforgiveable! Think of it this way.....those are things we do at :censored: refs! Refs that we target when they're being wankers in the black. Think how you want/are trying to make that ref feel as you do it! Now transfer that onto a Latics player doing his all for us, even if it might not be his best on that day. For me, that's a stark thought of what this attitude some of ours spouting "I've paid my money, so I have my say" are doing to those in Blue at Boundary Park. It's got to stop!