Luton Town Crisis

Can't believe the comments on this thread hoping they go bust...

why,who has said that???

twisting it quite a lot there eh?

i've said what they get is what they deserve-be it a huge fine,demotion,points deduction or a large kick up the arse.

i'm not the judge and jury here-just opinionated.

and i'm not the guilty party.

luton town fc are.

remember when that icelandic chap at west ham took the rap for the previous owners misbehavings...

well this is exactly the same.

didn't hear much bleatings on here about that then.

leeds have been all sorts of goings on for years-way before bates turned up....why no sympathy for them here?

a cheat is a cheat-how big or small means nothing to me-its still cheating.

as for"oh,but its different owners now-nothing to do with this club"

well thats how leeds keep ahead every time they get up to something-"its not leeds utd..its leeds holdings plc/leeds this/leeds that/leeds whatevercompany...."

when leeds finally get caught with no excuses and nowhere to run,i awaits the sympathy votes here with a pint of piss in my hand.......

teams have gone into admin mostly because of the following reasons:

1/greedy chairman

2/chairman throwing their all into it,then losing interest,then wanting everything back

3/lack of cash

then there is the greedy cheating schemers who cheat to gain advantage...

luton

leeds

west ham

swindon town(anyone still feel sorry for them about being demoted 2 divisions all them years back?..i wonder?)

i'm sure there are more

i'll support their fans,but they've got whats coming for them.

...and their fans don't deserve liquidation.

the cheats who ran away when sussed out should be sorted out accordingly also-public floggings could catch on again.

rant over.

Can't believe the comments on this thread hoping they go bust...this isn't about what the owners deserve, or the players deserve. Luton Town, just like any other football club, is about the fans and the role it plays and has played in the lives of the people that have been to watch them week in, week out for years and years.

People say the fans will still be there when the players and owners have gone, sadly if things don't get sorted at Luton then they won't. They'll be noone to support. Noone to follow up and down the country, no elation when they win and no despair when they lose.

I for one would be gutted for the Luton fans if they hit the wall. The players and administrators will move on...the fans will be left without the club they love.

Spot on! I can't say I like Luton one bit, but everything you say there is absolutely correct. The football league and Premiergreed want this to happen IMO....so they can have a top 2 tier system of 40 teams...the rest going bust or part-time. We've got the greatest set-up of football leagues in the world....sadly, the way the top of the game has been run has left the grass roots out to dry and die. And some crooks have got involved in the game too.....the Chris Moore element of Luton has been and gone now and those left behind are trying desperately to save the club for it's town, people, players and staff employed. They've gone from talks of a new stadium to this dark hour. Hope they sort themselves out...for the sake of football.

Edited by boundaryblue80

well thats how leeds keep ahead every time they get up to something-"its not leeds utd..its leeds holdings plc/leeds this/leeds that/leeds whatevercompany...."

when leeds finally get caught with no excuses and nowhere to run,i awaits the sympathy votes here with a pint of piss in my hand........

Come on Johnny, that's utter balls. Ken Bates is the one who sold the company back to himself under different company guises, claiming previously the money wasn't there for creditors to be paid and them ends up selling it from holding to holding with debts expunged by the new owners. But the new owners are the same :censored: owners. Whereas the people at Luton who've done what they did are no longer at the club! What you're saying is like saying Sean Jarvis and Neil Joy should've got arse:censored:ed when they bought the clubs shares for what Chris Moore did. Utter :censored:....Leeds and Luton are two totally different scenarios. One we can entirely sympathise with and one we can't...cause at Leeds, the cheat is still there cheating!

Johnnypunkster...

The thing is that as you say, the owners who cheated the system deserve what they get. However they're gone. With your initial post, and maybe I've interpreted it wrong, it seems like you meant that the men behind the corruption at the club deserve the club to go bust. But they're gone now, and as you said, the the fans don't deserve to lose their club.

If Luton go to the wall, it won't affect the old owners one bit. So there's a lot of sympathy for Luton fans. If we'd been liquidated then Chris Moore would have gone on with his life, and couldn't give one about the club and the fans. We'd have been left without the club we love.

Sorry if I've misunderstood what you said.

so ross,what about west ham...what about swindle town?

same but different?

the same as luton now i believe.

we all agree ,its always us fans who end up suffering about these situations,but what do you suggest as an alternative?

course the people who screwed the luton fans are scum.

but they couldn't stay in charge of luton town fc because they were caught...the game was up.

so,luton enjoyed ,through these scummers,an unfair advantage-over the likes of latics!

they beat us with players signed by dodgy dealings...

they gained promotion+raked in the extra revenue thanks to these scummers..

and they carried on with their dodgy dealings...

still not feeling cheated yet?

if a director of some international company screws about with its share prices to gain advantage in getting a better selling price,its the company that gets fined etc-...the idiot who caused it gets his comeupence in prision.

as for leeds...they owed millions...but are touchless (for now) cause the company that owes is declared bust.

...and with their shiny new name raking it in again...is it fair?

i know your answer on that.

"ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

yes....us latics fans have been...same as every other teams fans in our league during them years.

but its the luton fans that have had the most of this whole sorry saga cheated out of em.

crap i know...

but football is a business...and you play straight or bent.

why,who has said that???

twisting it quite a lot there eh?

i've said what they get is what they deserve-be it a huge fine,demotion,points deduction or a large kick up the arse.

i'm not the judge and jury here-just opinionated.

and i'm not the guilty party.

luton town fc are.

remember when that icelandic chap at west ham took the rap for the previous owners misbehavings...

well this is exactly the same.

didn't hear much bleatings on here about that then.

leeds have been all sorts of goings on for years-way before bates turned up....why no sympathy for them here?

a cheat is a cheat-how big or small means nothing to me-its still cheating.

as for"oh,but its different owners now-nothing to do with this club"

when leeds finally get caught with no excuses and nowhere to run,i awaits the sympathy votes here with a pint of piss in my hand.......

teams have gone into admin mostly because of the following reasons:

1/greedy chairman

2/chairman throwing their all into it,then losing interest,then wanting everything back

3/lack of cash

then there is the greedy cheating schemers who cheat to gain advantage...

luton

leeds

west ham

swindon town(anyone still feel sorry for them about being demoted 2 divisions all them years back?..i wonder?)

i'm sure there are more

i'll support their fans,but they've got whats coming for them.

...and their fans don't deserve liquidation.

the cheats who ran away when sussed out should be sorted out accordingly also-public floggings could catch on again.

rant over.

Same old Spunky, nasty, agitated and as bolshi as you were on JK.............................Forka Barca!!!!!! :angry:B)

so ross,what about west ham...what about swindle town?

same but different?

the same as luton now i believe.

we all agree ,its always us fans who end up suffering about these situations,but what do you suggest as an alternative?

course the people who screwed the luton fans are scum.

but they couldn't stay in charge of luton town fc because they were caught...the game was up.

so,luton enjoyed ,through these scummers,an unfair advantage-over the likes of latics!

they beat us with players signed by dodgy dealings...

they gained promotion+raked in the extra revenue thanks to these scummers..

and they carried on with their dodgy dealings...

still not feeling cheated yet?

if a director of some international company screws about with its share prices to gain advantage in getting a better selling price,its the company that gets fined etc-...the idiot who caused it gets his comeupence in prision.

as for leeds...they owed millions...but are touchless (for now) cause the company that owes is declared bust.

...and with their shiny new name raking it in again...is it fair?

i know your answer on that.

"ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

yes....us latics fans have been...same as every other teams fans in our league during them years.

but its the luton fans that have had the most of this whole sorry saga cheated out of em.

crap i know...

but football is a business...and you play straight or bent.

To my knowledge, Leeds is the only scenario where the purpertrator of the original company owing the debt, is still in charge of the club via another guise. Swindon had whatshisface...Willie Carson and his cronies involved...they've gone...yep, West Ham is another dirty club but they've not gone into Admin, that's a different scenario to Luton and Leeds.

As Luton...."enjoyed ,through these scummers,an unfair advantage-over the likes of latics!"....indeed, hence the 10pt deduction. If you feel that isn't severe enough, then fair enough. That's a different debate. And you may be right on it. Funnily enough, I was looking the other day about the season we went into admin and came back out. We'd be playing in League Two had we been subject to the 10pt deduction. Let's not forget also, we lost lots of players so didn't reap any rewards for cheating....coz if you're levelling that at Luton, we must level it at ourselves under the Moore era. Likewise, Luton will be loosing all these players and the reward for cheating, by the end, will be extremely skant. If at all. League Two for the club, the fans and whoever else is left behind IF they survive. Leeds on the other hand hasn't lost a player. They've added to it...they've made a mockery of the 15pt deduction. They're totally different to anything else that's happened in the land...so if Leeds do get their comeuppance, I'll be laughing my cock off. Luton as it is, are suffering, rightly so but I hope they don't go bust. That'd be a travesty IMO.

think ours and lutons stories are entirely different.

the admin sagas are certainly parrallel,but thats it.

their other main problem is the dodgy dealings(we haven't been in that situation...have we?)

my problem is nothing to do with the admin status they find themselves in...its the cheating .

it got so bad mike newall blew the whistle on it-and thats what kicked it all off.

i think you've got me wrong on that.

as for the swindle story,it was lou macari,not willie carson-think he is still involved their in some capacity...he arrived much later after that.

think ours and lutons stories are entirely different.

the admin sagas are certainly parrallel,but thats it.

their other main problem is the dodgy dealings(we haven't been in that situation...have we?)

my problem is nothing to do with the admin status they find themselves in...its the cheating .

it got so bad mike newall blew the whistle on it-and thats what kicked it all off.

i think you've got me wrong on that.

as for the swindle story,it was lou macari,not willie carson-think he is still involved their in some capacity...he arrived much later after that.

But those people at Luton have gone....no longer there....offski's....the rest trying to keep the ship afloat are losing players left, right and centre (again, rightly so if they've been illegally obtained) and fighting 10pts deduction etc. The ones left aren't the cheats, there the ones who are trying to rebuild a tarnished club. Not sure what we're both saying here TBH....coz you seem to allure above that you don't actually want them to go bust. The point I was objecting over was where you said Leeds and Luton were no different. As they stand today, for me they are worlds apart and hence we'd have every right to laugh if Leeds got slapped as they should.

But those people at Luton have gone....no longer there....offski's....the rest trying to keep the ship afloat are losing players left, right and centre (again, rightly so if they've been illegally obtained) and fighting 10pts deduction etc. The ones left aren't the cheats, there the ones who are trying to rebuild a tarnished club. Not sure what we're both saying here TBH....coz you seem to allure above that you don't actually want them to go bust. The point I was objecting over was where you said Leeds and Luton were no different. As they stand today, for me they are worlds apart and hence we'd have every right to laugh if Leeds got slapped as they should.

The good news for Luton is they are set to gain around £500k this month from a 15% sell on clause of Matty Taylor who is allegedly interesting the Villa & Bolton.

Only £7.5m left now

Aye, bet the fans felt really pleased to have read this today as well, as much as I hate Luton for the crap ground, crap facilities and crap houses you have to walk over to get into the ground you wouldn't wantthis for your weekend:

Statement issued by Kevin Blackwell, Manager; Sam Ellis, Assistant Manager and John Carver, Head Coach, of Luton Town Football Club on Friday January 11

We came to Luton Town Football Club last Spring with a clear mission. It revolved around ambition, adequate investment for growth and the very real promise of a new stadium.

Very quickly we found that Luton Town Football Club did not do what it said on the tin. We have had to generate cash - more than £3 million from the sale of key players - rather than invest it. Our inheritance has ended up including law-suits and FA charges. The Club moved into Administration and we lost ten points. We have ended up managing a squad of players who do not know if they are going to be paid or have a future with the club.

With the support of our fans, our staff and a quite unbelievable response from our players, we have continued to manage under these conditions. We have lost one match out of the last thirteen, and last weekend astounded the football world with the quality and spirit of our display in holding Liverpool to a draw.

It is not our role or intention to blame anybody for the state we are in as a club - but we have to face reality for ourselves. It is now our belief that no possible future scenario for this club can match - in any way, shape or form - what we came here to do. We are therefore announcing that we are leaving Luton Town Football Club.

Ironically, we no longer have contracts that would require us to give notice - but we are acutely aware that to just down tools and walk out would simply add to the short term problems. We will therefore continue to work, under our current basic terms and conditions, for approximately one month - leaving the club after the home game against Bournemouth on February 9. This will enable to the following:

1 It will see us through the Transfer Window. The Administrator's job is to secure the long-term future of the club, and we will work with him to emerge with the strongest possible playing squad after necessary transfer activities.

2 January and February represent the heart of the season. We will continue to manage the playing side of the club, endeavouring to get the best possible results under the circumstances.

3 The Administrator is working on a new ownership structure for the club. This will give both parties some time to identify and recruit the right management for the future.

It is not our intentions to comment further on these matters - either collectively or individually - until after February 9.

Finally, a word for our fans. Managers come and go. Administrators, Directors, Boards and players - they all come and go. A lot of fans can't or don't - and we would like to pay particular tribute to ours. It's been a long time since they have had any kind of sequence of good news. They deserve some success, and our hope is that it comes in the not too distant future. Their support for us during this period of adversity has been astonishing - and when we and the players applaud them at the end of the game, it is with the utmost sincerity.

Thank you

Kevin Blackwell

Sam Ellis

John Carver

Sticks in my throat that by Blackwell. Someone who was used as a stooge in Ken Bates' game at Leeds. The fall guy. Felt quite sorry for him at the time and cheered when he told that little :censored: managing Leeds now what he thought of him at the end of the Leeds-Luton game this season. However, this time, Blackwell could try and see it through. It's not like he's got another job lined up to walk into...thus he can't be claiming to walk into a paying job straight from leaving Luton. And all attempts are being made to find a buyer. Why make such a statement? Why not give it time and a chance? Gotta feel for the true Luton fans. Sad times for them.

Does anyone think the fans can control the owners, anymore than we could control our ex-flakey owner.

Fans need to rally together and support clubs in danger of disappearing and Luton are in real danger of that. A small group of flaky indiviuals shouldn't be allowed to destroy a club that has existed in the community for many years and could continue to do so.

Dock them points for going to admin and maybe dock them again next year if these allegations are proved but allow them to keep playing and raising enough awareness and funds to stay afloat, the police should be dishing out the penalties if illegal payments have been made by the individuals(corporate law, insider trading etc).

We were supported after the Torex debacle and we didn't allow the council to get their own way. Surely Luton should be allowed to stay afloat. After all Raddy Antic did send City down ;-)