Luton Town Crisis

Ok so today Blackwell is told in a months time hes no longer going to be manager of Luton, and they are having something of a fire sale re players.

If the unfortunate happens and Luton goes bust then how will that affect ourselves, promotion and relegation etc?

Am I right in thinking we will have the point we gained at luton at boundary park docked? and any other teams who have obtained points from playing luton will have them points docked?

Ok so today Blackwell is told in a months time hes no longer going to be manager of Luton, and they are having something of a fire sale re players.

If the unfortunate happens and Luton goes bust then how will that affect ourselves, promotion and relegation etc?

Am I right in thinking we will have the point we gained at luton at boundary park docked? and any other teams who have obtained points from playing luton will have them points docked?

Half way through the season i imagine if they did go bust they would do that, but a point aint goin to have a big effect.... Now i know ive just jinxed us on missing the playoffs by one point! OOOPS

The corpse is still warm!

Now when we played them I came away with so much dislike festering away inside me. They're really struggling now and if they don't get taken over the future looks bleak and are certain to go down this season anyway. I feel so, so sorry for their fans but the manager and team can take a running jump into an abyss as far as I'm concerned.

For the sake of Football, lets hope that doesnt happen!

yeah...lets support the cheating fiddling scheming back-handers eh.

hope they get everything they deserve.

and before anyone starts preaching the"i wouldn't wish it on anyone"crap....

they tried..and many many times...to cheat the system.

cheat honest football clubs+fans.

virtually all clubs that have all gone into admin have done so because of 1 thing-cash not going in their way.

they(along with leeds)have cheated.

no sympathy.

virtually all clubs that have all gone into admin have done so because of 1 thing-cash not going in their way.

no sympathy.

what are your thoughts on our situation then when we went into admin

When Accrington went bust in 61/2 we lost the two points that we'd gained from a home win. (We'd lost away)

All results were expunged and teams at the end of the season were shown as having played 44 games (instead of 46).

Edited by LaticsPete

Every team that has played Luton would have the points they got took off,so everybody will play 2 games less.

We would only lose a point,after they cheated for a draw at B.P

no sympathy.

Let's no let the truth get in the way of a rant eh?

Yes, Luton are facing FA corruption charges, but as far as I know none of the guilty parties remain at the club. The current set up is trying to recover from the mess they were left in by the crooks.

I've been fearing that for a long time.

gotta remember as well, although luton have made alot of money from the sale of players and the cup tie with liverpool, poss 1.5 million about, whats that off a debt of 8 million????

considering they get probs average 7000 a game (their home gates this season seem to be between 4-9k, mainly between 6 and 7k in the league), capacity just short of 10k, no other means of generating income outside of gate receipts and player sales. Aint looking rosey for them

Let's no let the truth get in the way of a rant eh?

Yes, Luton are facing FA corruption charges, but as far as I know none of the guilty parties remain at the club. The current set up is trying to recover from the mess they were left in by the crooks.

absolutley agree.

but the club employed/was run by these crooks-they were forced out after they were caught.

they did it for personal gain+to boost the clubs profile+gain promotion.

everything they did was "okayed" by the club.

who is on trial here...the individuals or the club?

both.

so.......you forgive ken bates and dirty leeds then?

absolutley agree.

but the club employed/was run by these crooks-they were forced out after they were caught.

they did it for personal gain+to boost the clubs profile+gain promotion.

everything they did was "okayed" by the club.

who is on trial here...the individuals or the club?

both.

so.......you forgive ken bates and dirty leeds then?

Wrong. Ken Bates is still a crook and there's still something underhand happening at Leeds. At Luton, the ne'er do wells have left the club and people are working hard to fix the damage. The dirty Leeds element is now leaving the club as from next month too.

Wrong. Ken Bates is still a crook and there's still something underhand happening at Leeds. At Luton, the ne'er do wells have left the club and people are working hard to fix the damage. The dirty Leeds element is now leaving the club as from next month too.

mmm....

then why is it because the system,it allows clubs to have crooks in charge of clubs?

sympathy does go out to luton fans-i'm not having a pop at the fans.

but if they did something underhand in the name of luton,luton get the back-lash.

way of the land.

all points gained will be removed we would lose 1 point others will lose 3 and the relegation promotion will be altered at end of season,either only 3 go down or 4 will go and 5 will get promoted then qan extra blue squarre team will be promoted to keep up the 72 league clubs,

all points gained will be removed we would lose 1 point others will lose 3 and the relegation promotion will be altered at end of season,either only 3 go down or 4 will go and 5 will get promoted then qan extra blue squarre team will be promoted to keep up the 72 league clubs,

The points is certainly true .... Luton have had some good results against teams above us so shouldn't make a real difference except ................... and I like this one .............. Leeds took 6points off them already :grin:

Personally hope it doesn't reach this stage.

Can't believe the comments on this thread hoping they go bust...this isn't about what the owners deserve, or the players deserve. Luton Town, just like any other football club, is about the fans and the role it plays and has played in the lives of the people that have been to watch them week in, week out for years and years.

People say the fans will still be there when the players and owners have gone, sadly if things don't get sorted at Luton then they won't. They'll be noone to support. Noone to follow up and down the country, no elation when they win and no despair when they lose.

I for one would be gutted for the Luton fans if they hit the wall. The players and administrators will move on...the fans will be left without the club they love.

The points is certainly true .... Luton have had some good results against teams above us so shouldn't make a real difference except ................... and I like this one .............. Leeds took 6points off them already :grin:

Personally hope it doesn't reach this stage.

not quite theyve only played once in the league not due to play again till the 26th of jan