Glass Half Full or Half Empty

I think moan is the wrong word but basically if I see that a player is not giving 110% then I will let them know, especially when you consider that most of us woud love to be out there playing. On the other hand I will always get behind the team if they gives me something to be excited about.

It's good to know that you get behind the team, but I think that sometimes the crowd can pick up the players who then pick up the crowd and it becomes an upward spiral.

If too many fans moan and whinge and there is not enough positive support to drown out the negativity, this must affect the players and their confidence which then gives more ammunition to the moaners nand it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Look at Tyrell Forbes. He was player of the season for Grimsby, was poor for us, got a load of stick and was clearly bricking himself every time the ball went anywhere near him. Then he went to Yeovil and became a first choice defender who maqde the playoff final last season.

I supose that people do have the right to moan, but I would ask them to think twice before being too vocal with their critisism and would like more posiive support to drown them out.

Notice that I included your full post? :D

:ktf:

Rick,

You miss-understand me mate, seems like you are very selective with your quotes. Firstly, yes I will have a moan at the players who do not give 110%, considering most of us would give our right arm to be in their position as professional footballers--the least they can do is give it their all. However, I desperatly want oldham to be successful and I am one of few, like yourself, in the upper-lookers who'll get up chant and generally get behind the team when they do good things on the pitch.

Do me the favour of quoting the whole of my message next time instead being selective in order to suit your agenda.

cheers.

Do you give 110% every minute of every day at your job?? :angel: Maybe you do but I'm sure the times when you drop below that mark you wouldn't like it if everyone shouted that "you were s**h**i**t". :bigcry: You also have had the opportunity to be in their position, but you either was not good enough or didn't have the dedication. :clown: For the umpteenth time during the game be a supporter and support, :help::zigga: after have your say. Moaning never achieved anything. :thumbsdown:

Edited by mr_latics

It's good to know that you get behind the team, but I think that sometimes the crowd can pick up the players who then pick up the crowd and it becomes an upward spiral.

If too many fans moan and whinge and there is not enough positive support to drown out the negativity, this must affect the players and their confidence which then gives more ammunition to the moaners nand it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Look at Tyrell Forbes. He was player of the season for Grimsby, was poor for us, got a load of stick and was clearly bricking himself every time the ball went anywhere near him. Then he went to Yeovil and became a first choice defender who maqde the playoff final last season.

I supose that people do have the right to moan, but I would ask them to think twice before being too vocal with their critisism and would like more posiive support to drown them out.

Notice that I included your full post? :D

:ktf:

Rick,

In my first post I said I always got behind the team but I guess you choose to ignore that. Anyway, lets just say I understand why the fans get frustrated.

Do you give 110% every minute of every day at your job?? :angel: Maybe you do but I'm sure the times when you drop below that mark you wouldn't like it if everyone shouted that "you were s**h**i**t". :bigcry: You also have had the opportunity to be in their position, but you either was not good enough or didn't have the dedication. :clown: For the umpteenth time during the game be a supporter and support, :help::zigga: after have your say. Moaning never achieved anything. :thumbsdown:

Can't believe you compared somebody performance at work who works 40+a week: to a footballer who playes 90 min, 180 mins tops, of competitive football per week. Right so we can't expect 180mins per week from a player giving 110%???? I don't care if they don't have the skill but all of I ask of them is to gve their best effort for such a short time--no excuses IMO.

To be honest I think your comment is a slap in the face to every hardworking person out their!!

Rick,

In my first post I said I always got behind the team but I guess you choose to ignore that. Anyway, lets just say I understand why the fans get frustrated.

Sorry mate, but the way that I read your post was that you don't mind moaning, but do sometimes shout encouragement - providing the players inspire you enough.

It just probably came across wrong.

Keep up the good work in supporting the lads.

I hope you don't sit too close to me - I would get pelters if I let even the slightest whinge out :grin: and probably rightly so

No I did not have the opprtunity to be a professional footballer because no matter how hard I trained because I simply would not have been good enough. That means it was never an opportunity in the first place.

Edited by laticsmad

Sorry mate, but the way that I read your post was that you don't mind moaning, but do sometimes shout encouragement - providing the players inspire you enough.

It just probably came across wrong.

Keep up the good work in supporting the lads.

I hope you don't sit too close to me - I would get pelters if I let even the slightest whinge out :grin: and probably rightly so

no problem mate. I actually agree with you for the most part but can understand the other side of the coin too. I do not understand, however, people who go there and moan all throught the game.

How fickle the fans of OAFC are becoming. According to some on here we are looking perilously close to the relegation battle. This is because the half empty glass fans think that we are only 7 points from the fourth from bottom place yet beaten once in the last 16(not relegation form). Take another look at the half full glass. We are 7 points off the 4th play off spot with 2 games in hand. A bit of positive thinking would not go amiss.

Very true....good sentiments. Can't believe a draw at Yeovil is sparking off the "more points dropped" stuff....ok, I can understand some of them comments 7 days ago after Brighton, but not after gaining a great point at Yeovil from an admittedly not brilliant performance.

Can I just throw this open a bit wider though, by saying I hope Shez reads the above (ok, he won't but he should, or needs it pointing out to him.) On here, you'll get the half-empty stuff but the saddest point of last season for me was when Shez set us a 7pt target for the rest of the season before Easter (when in 3rd place!) to get into the playoffs. One of the most negative things I've ever heard a manager come out with (esp one who has never played under managers who would set a target beneath them) when 2nd was ours to go for and cement, had we got 6pts over Easter. I really, really hope Shez has learnt on this and can be a half-full man too.....but his comments last night ("worst performance as manager here") suggest not. Not good.

Edited by boundaryblue80

You would surprised who actually "Reads" this MB :wink:

I wouldn't actually :wink: Had a weird secret squirrel moment at a bar in Blackpool once from an "insider". That sounds bad....oh well, ya get the gist though. Lol.

PS I can't see Shez being one to read here tho! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Can't believe you compared somebody performance at work who works 40+a week: to a footballer who playes 90 min, 180 mins tops, of competitive football per week. Right so we can't expect 180mins per week from a player giving 110%???? I don't care if they don't have the skill but all of I ask of them is to gve their best effort for such a short time--no excuses IMO.

To be honest I think your comment is a slap in the face to every hardworking person out their!!

No, the very essence of the point is that players don't just play 90-180 mins per week. They watch what thay eat 24/7 and train throught their proffessional life.....hence why I mentioned DEDICATION. I am one of those hard working people, I'm not slapping anyone, including mysef, in the face. While I agree that they should give 100% sometimes things don't come off and this may appear that mr a might not give their all. Cheer up fella, relax a little! :towork:

No I did not have the opprtunity to be a professional footballer because no matter how hard I trained because I simply would not have been good enough. That means it was never an opportunity in the first place.

Keep up the good work supporting the team then fella.