why arn`t we buying ?

As Alan Hansen once said - "you don't win anything without loads of scouts".

jevons is prolly the only one i would of wanted us to sign.

time yet,the silence is worrying i admit,but work is going on in the background to bring in quality,rather than quantity.

however i feel a backlash if we dont end up buying anyone,you know what some folk are like.

I’d have liked to get Alan Thompson so that I could personally thank him for the several times he smacked Fernando Ricksen. Not sure about him now TBH, he was a very good player for Celtic but his game seemed to go downhill very rapidly. Not that he was ever quick but he seemed to be treading towards the end. He was a shadow of his former self against us, I’d been expecting him to murder us.

Iam not that worried tbh, we probably do need a left sided player and another forward but let everybody else panic and buy the trash what is available first (the players clubs just want off the wage bill because they are no good to them). Shez isnt daft he will bide his time and pick up a couple of quality players, he will probably need confirmation Ricketts is going to be off the pay roll for good as well before he can splash out on somebody who is demanding ?k a week.

Iam not that worried tbh, we probably do need a left sided player and another forward but let everybody else panic and buy the trash what is available first (the players clubs just want off the wage bill because they are no good to them). Shez isnt daft he will bide his time and pick up a couple of quality players, he will probably need confirmation Ricketts is going to be off the pay roll for good as well before he can splash out on somebody who is demanding ?k a week.

Maybe, but in post Gillingham interview with shez he said we will definately get bodies in (2 or 3) but they may not be his first choice. Doesn't sound to good to be honest.

It says he hasn't settled but i'm sure he scored a few goals this season for them.

Think some of our fans would treat the son of Ronnie Moore as The Omen,Antony Sweeney however is a goalscoring midfielder (scored 15 in their play off season of 04/05) and it wouldn't surprise me if Shez had a dabble given his love for central midfielders.

Guest oa_exile
Hoskins has gone back to Watford I read but can be loaned out. Millwall were interested again after his original deal there. Not sure if it has gone through. Not an ideal target man but a great player and scored some goals last season before his move to Watford.

Mentioned on another thread that Will Hoskins has finished his loan spell at Millwall and is back at Watford.

He would be a good signing or Loanie for that matter :)