Favourite Chocolates  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer...?

• Roses
    • Quality Street
    • Heroes
    • Celebrations
    • Some other fancy rubbish

was talking at work last night how mrs TD went to her secret hiding place, somewhere in this house but i can't find it..and produced a huge tin of cadbury's roses to cheer me up!

we were discussing how some other 'inferior' types are simply just not worth the bother.... i always remember as a kid getting a wrapped glass jar (always seemed huge and very difficult to carry!) and hoping to god it wasn't 'quality' (?) street ..

mrs TD gets the other stuff like 'heroes' and 'celebrations' but they IMO are simply naff...

it's Roses for me and nothing else...

Edited by Ackey
Added Poll as requested

They certainly do work well thorntons chocolates dont they.

If i want to get in the good books, i buy a box of Thorntons, get her some Pino Grigio, and put on a Van damme film.........After i have put a towel down on the settee :blink:

You just know im going to get a slapped wrist for that comment arent i? :huh:

They certainly do work well thorntons chocolates dont they.

If i want to get in the good books, i buy a box of Thorntons, get her some Pino Grigio, and put on a Van damme film.........After i have put a towel down on the settee :blink:

You just know im going to get a slapped wrist for that comment arent i? :huh:

what's the towel for???

does she spill her wine a lot??

The friend of a certain Mr. Leeslover used to work in the Thornton's factory in York. Never touch them. Ever.

:devilish::sick01::stretcher:

It wasn’t in York, but yes, the chap who I was Best Man for the summer before last did work on a Thornton’s factory for quite some time. Only the other week I was telling some colleagues about some of his past japes and strange personal practices, nearly making some of them physically sick in the process. Then, I asked one of them what make of chocolates he last bought his missus. I had already written, “Thorntons,” on a piece of paper. He turned as white as a sheet when I showed it him. Nobody who knows him from back in the day has ever eaten that brand of chocolate again, although some 10 years have passed.

It wasn’t in York, but yes, the chap who I was Best Man for the summer before last did work on a Thornton’s factory for quite some time. Only the other week I was telling some colleagues about some of his past japes and strange personal practices, nearly making some of them physically sick in the process. Then, I asked one of them what make of chocolates he last bought his missus. I had already written, “Thorntons,” on a piece of paper. He turned as white as a sheet when I showed it him. Nobody who knows him from back in the day has ever eaten that brand of chocolate again, although some 10 years have passed.

Do you know of any reason why I should not continue to eat Thornton's Special Toffee with (what look and taste like) fruit and nuts?

Do you know of any reason why I should not continue to eat Thornton's Special Toffee with (what look and taste like) fruit and nuts?

As I say, it was some years ago, and I'm not privy to the sort of different flavours, textures and tastes that you have experienced and enjoyed in the course of your life, so I couldn't really pass comment.

Guest oa_exile

I like the Special Toffee coated with Chocolate ^_^ , just in case you want to invest in a bag for me "Mate" :)

Best chocolate in the world is Green and Blacks milk chocolate with Butterscotch. I can't get enough of it :D

But the slab of Rocky Road you can get from Hotel Chocolat is almost as nice

:sick01: thats organic butterscotch not real chocolate for me as love chocolate anyone of these will do for me chocolate.jpg

Edited by boboafc

Best chocolate in the world is Green and Blacks milk chocolate with Butterscotch. I can't get enough of it :D

But the slab of Rocky Road you can get from Hotel Chocolat is almost as nice

you must be loaded.... i went in that place last week and thought them slab thingies we're the off cut's/ rejects!!

i'll agree with the lindt!

heard about green n blacks but thought it was primarily cooking choc..

and bob! quality st??? all shiny wrappers and nowt else!