1981-82 Season

Matt

Guest oa_exile

Now your getting to some on my most memorable times being a Latic , the days of Wylde , Stainrod and Oooohh Roger.

Like the page on "Boundary Park , Alan Hardy Editor" , There ya go Stu see your boss Alan was young once :)

Guest oa_exile
Nice one. That was a day to remember (or forget). There was even fighting all over Ashton. Great game though. Stainrod remains one of my personal all time favourites.

If i remember righty we lost 0:2 or 0:3 , I can always remember the Wendies games mostly off the field though :huh:

Guest oa_exile
I thought we drew 2-2. My memory really is getting bad. Or am I mixing my riots - was that the Long Good Friday city riot?

We sound about the same age , memory :unsure: what you asking me for ? :grin:

The clues are :

Exile : "If i remember" :blink:

bigfatjoe1 : "I thought" :blink:

We sound about the same age , memory :unsure: what you asking me for ? :grin:

The clues are :

Exile : "If i remember" :blink:

bigfatjoe1 : "I thought" :blink:

I remember this team and match in particular very well indeed. Having met Exile, while I am clearly not as old as he is, :lol: we were certainly both Latics fans "back in the day".

Have you checked out who the kit sponsor for Paul Futcher, Roger Palmer, Ged Keegan, Martin Nuttall (Socks), Rodger Wylde (Socks), Jim Steele (all bar Shirt), Paul Heaton (Socks), Paul Atkinson (Socks), John Ryan (Socks), Gary Hoolickin (Socks) and Nick Sinclair (Socks) is........?

Perhaps he has a foot fetish? :lol:

Edited by Rick

I remember this game, I think we lost 0-3 IIRC, the game wasn't particularly memorable if you were a Latics fan but I do remember there being alot of crowd trouble that day with fights and scuffles outside the ground on Sheepfoot Lane and down that dirt track that ran alongside the old Westwood Running track.

• 1 month later...
I remember this team and match in particular very well indeed. Having met Exile, while I am clearly not as old as he is, :lol: we were certainly both Latics fans "back in the day".

Have you checked out who the kit sponsor for Paul Futcher, Roger Palmer, Ged Keegan, Martin Nuttall (Socks), Rodger Wylde (Socks), Jim Steele (all bar Shirt), Paul Heaton (Socks), Paul Atkinson (Socks), John Ryan (Socks), Gary Hoolickin (Socks) and Nick Sinclair (Socks) is........?

Perhaps he has a foot fetish? :lol:

thats me

I remember this game, I think we lost 0-3 IIRC, the game wasn't particularly memorable if you were a Latics fan but I do remember there being alot of crowd trouble that day with fights and scuffles outside the ground on Sheepfoot Lane and down that dirt track that ran alongside the old Westwood Running track.

your right it was 3-0 this was the season after the major incident with Terry Curran and their fans storming the pitch - i was only quite young and i think there were a lot of fans there for a ltics match anyway about 10,000 or so... just remembr being a lot of their fans and more polcie than normal