Crossley misses Luton

Bloomin' eck... I know the recent optimism is clouding things, but my god we are short on numbers..... we thought were were down to the bare bones a month ago, but with the loanees now injured we are really struggling... especially if the mightly Allott is out too....

Injuries getting out of hand!

...oh well, throw the kids in there again.... its only Luton :wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic

The number of Hamstring/Groin/Thigh/Achilles injuries we have/had to me suggests we seriously need to consider the standard of the various training pitches we use!

There seem to be many more injuries than when Nobes magic healing hands were here....can't remember too many players being out longer than a week with injuries under that man....

Oldham manager John Sheridan is hoping to bring in a goalkeeper on loan following an injury to Mark Crossley.

The 38-year old damaged his groin during Tuesday night's win over Bournemouth and will miss Saturday's trip to Luton.

Crossley is the only senior stopper at Boundary Park following Les Pogliacomi's departure last month.

Josh Bell has been the substitute keeper for much of the season but Sheridan does not want to risk him.

Sheridan told the club's website: "I don't think young Josh is quite ready for first-team football at the present time."

Sheridan has already used a loan keeper this season - Marlon Beresford came in as cover for the absent Crossley in October.

If Shez doesn't think Josh Bell is good enough for first team footie why has he been on the bench so much, it was obvious that Crossley wasn't fit for the last 30 mins or so but he stayed on the pitch. He should have got a goalie in the moment we knew how serious Pogs's injury was. As to the number of groin and thigh injuries we have i think its a warm up issue and that players don't warm up their legs in all six planes of movement (up and down, front to back and side to side) enough.

If Shez doesn't think Josh Bell is good enough for first team footie why has he been on the bench so much, it was obvious that Crossley wasn't fit for the last 30 mins or so but he stayed on the pitch. He should have got a goalie in the moment we knew how serious Pogs's injury was. As to the number of groin and thigh injuries we have i think its a warm up issue and that players don't warm up their legs in all six planes of movement (up and down, front to back and side to side) enough.

Just beaten me to what I was about to say.....absolutely ridiculous that Shez has sat on his hands on this one. It's these errors which you just can't put down to being an experienced manager that riles me about him sometimes. It's just plain logic to have someone on the bench you're happy can deputise rather than just stating "I don't think young Josh is quite ready for first-team football at the present time." Don't having him :censored:ing sat there then Shez.....3wks and more you've had to find someone!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Just beaten me to what I was about to say.....absolutely ridiculous that Shez has sat on his hands on this one. It's these errors which you just can't put down to being an experienced manager that riles me about him sometimes. It's just plain logic to have someone on the bench you're happy can deputise rather than just stating "I don't think young Josh is quite ready for first-team football at the present time." Don't having him :censored:ing sat there then Shez.....3wks and more you've had to find someone!

You bloody hypocrit! :angry::lol:

What you have just said is exactly the point I have with Wolfenden, if he's good enough for our bench then he's good enough to be given a run in the first team when we have injuries. If Shez doesn't have faith in Wolfy then why does Sheridan put him on the bench?

Prior to JP and Thompson coming back from injury we had 5 trainees on the bench. We don't have the funds to replace all of them with seasoned pros who would be good enough for an extended run in the first team, they're merely there as cover.

All of them could come of the bench but it's unlikely any of them would retain their place (unless they did a Smalley or Alessandra :wink:)

Saving the pennies until our hand is forced is sensible management, not sitting on your hands. Heck, at least we did have 'keeper cover on the bench, some teams don't even bother!

You bloody hypocrit! :angry::lol:

What you have just said is exactly the point I have with Wolfenden, if he's good enough for our bench then he's good enough to be given a run in the first team when we have injuries. If Shez doesn't have faith in Wolfy then why does Sheridan put him on the bench?

No it isn't at all.....don't :censored:ing dare call me a hypocrite when you're utterly :censored:ing wrong AGAIN!!!

I've never said Wolfy's good enough for the bench.....go and find where I have!!!

Second of all, Wolfy's only there due to injuries. As is Bell....neither should be there. But Shez's been unlucky that the back up he's brought in to cover for injured Hughes and Davies (ala Robertson) has again meant Wolfy somehow makes the bench. He'd never be there if we had players fit....I'd prefer us to be getting another loan striker in! However, Shez hasn't brought in back up for Crossley at all....he should have back up!!! Bell shouldn't be on the bench.

And for the :censored:ing tenth time....stop being a numbskull....Wolfy = 4yrs!!! Bell = how many??? You're looking very stupid at present trying to pick youth teamers to prove your point about Wolfenden who's never broke through in 4yrs!!!

Give up eh!

Edited by boundaryblue80

No it isn't at all.....don't :censored:ing dare call me a hypocrite when you're utterly :censored:ing wrong AGAIN!!!

I've never said Wolfy's good enough for the bench.....go and find where I have!!!

Second of all, Wolfy's only there due to injuries. As is Bell....neither should be there. But Shez's been unlucky that the back up he's brought in (ala Robertson) has again meant Wolfy somehow makes the bench. However, Shez hasn't brought in back up for Crossley at all....he should have back up!!! Bell shouldn't be on the bench.

And for the :censored:ing tenth time....stop being a numbskull....Wolfy = 4yrs!!! Bell = how many??? You're looking very stupid at present trying to pick youth teamers to prove your point about Wolfenden who's never broke through in 4yrs!!!

Give up eh!

Hit a nerve did I? Truth hurts dunnit? :lol:

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Hit a nerve did I? Truth hurts dunnit? :lol

No...I just can't be done with :censored:ing liars like you.....as I said....go find where I've said Wolfy's good enough to be on the bench....should keep you quiet for a while! If I had....then I'd be a hypocrite....sadly, you won't find it. But you keep spouting lies...3rd week you've peddled this argument. Sad man!

Bet you were gutted Lewis scored on Saturday as all you could talk about is how he couldn't score for us as justification why Wolfenden (Maradona....hahaha!) should be ahead of him :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Truth....I don't think you've ever written a truthful word on here.....as I said....go find where I've said Wolfy's good enough to be on the bench....should keep you quiet for a while! If I had....then I'd be a hypocrite....sadly, you won't find it. But you keep spouting lies...3rd week you've peddled this argument. Sad man!

Bet you were gutted Lewis scored on Saturday as all you could talk about is how he couldn't score for us as justification why Wolfenden (Maradona....hahaha!) should be ahead of him :grin:

My argument was that Wolfy should be given a chance, if he's good enough to be on the bench then he's good enough to play when we have injuries, which was met with a load of "WOLFY'S CRAP LOLZ" protests from yourself.

Replace the word's "Josh Bell" with "Wolfy" in this paragraph and it pretty much sums up what I feel about Wolfy's situation:

OH SHI-

And the Maradona statement was in reply to someone who said small players can't play professionally or some crap.

Well done to Alessandra, after 10 starts he's finally scored.....Wolfy's started less than half that amount and scored thrice....but let me guess "A STRIKERS JOB INT JUST ABOUT SCORIN GOALS!!!!". I rate Alessandra, he's a good prospect.....but Shez should equally give other youths especially ones who have featured on the bench for most of the season a chance and if Shez doesn't have the faith in them youngsters and doesn't think they cut the mustard they shouldn't have been offered professional contracts. Smalley, Alessandra and Lomax have all be given stints in the first team....Wolfy should too.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

My argument was that Wolfy should be given a chance, if he's good enough to be on the bench then he's good enough to play when we have injuries, which was met with a load of "WOLFY'S CRAP LOLZ" protests from yourself.

Replace the word's "Josh Bell" with "Wolfy" in this paragraph and it pretty much sums up what I feel about Wolfy's situation:

OH SHI-

And the Maradona statement was in reply to someone who said small players can't play professionally or some crap.

Well done to Alessandra, after 10 starts he's finally scored.....Wolfy's started less than half that amount and scored thrice....but let me guess "A STRIKERS JOB INT JUST ABOUT SCORIN GOALS!!!!". I rate Alessandra, he's a good prospect.....but Shez should equally give other youths especially ones who have featured on the bench for most of the season a chance and if Shez doesn't have the faith in them youngsters and doesn't think they cut the mustard they shouldn't have been offered professional contracts. Smalley, Alessandra and Lomax have all be given stints in the first team....Wolfy should too.

Can't be arsed writing much else to you on this topic....I'll just cut and paste what I've said to you already as you're rehashing tired out rubbish....

PS See in the 2nd quote below how again you were putting words in my mouth and lying.....

Given less than the 4yrs Wolfy's had to make an impact, I think his figures/direct impact will pale into significance once Lewis and Deano start finding the net. Or put it this way...I don't want Wolfy getting in the way (taking their subs bench place etc) of their progress towards that.

Don't start putting words in my mouth fella!!! That's severely clutching at straws!!! Utter balls I'd be saying it about Lewis for this one sole fact you can't seem to get your head around....Lewis....6mths!!! (Oh....wait on....3mths....as he did his ankle in the summer!) Wolfy.....4yrs!!!

Anyway, as is pointed out....Lewis is clearly preferred as Wolfy's only near the squad or in it when we're utterly depleted upfront. That's kept his Latics career going for 4yrs. It won't be a 5th. Good luck to him, I don't want him to fail but time's up. You give him another 4yrs if you like though and another and another.....you never know, we could have our first non-regular player getting a testimonial at this rate :grin:

Bell's a youth player by the way.....who shouldn't be near the bench. A player who should only just make the bench of the RESERVES behind what should be our proper No.2 keeper!!! Really, really sad that you've got to target players out of nappies as some sort of comparison to a 4yr professional.....oh well....

Edited by boundaryblue80

Pukka, Wolfy is :censored: he only gets on the bench because he is slightly better than having nobody. As for asking why he was ever given a deal......good question. Maybe had the new youngsters appeared just a little sooner he wouldn't have, maybe Shez thinks he STILL has potential, but I for one am glad he isnt in the first team.

Agree with the opinions towards Bell being on the bench, why he wasnt given a run out at 2-0 only Shez knows. Could only have done both Bell and Crossley good.