In general is the atmosphere and crowd decent for oldham's last home game of the season? The reason I ask is because my Finish friend wants to watch a footie game whilst here in England. I really want to take him to watch oldham against Cheltenham but fear for a sub 3000 attendance with an atmosphere to match :o

cheers

I predict a crowd of around 4400, and hopefully a bit of a party atmosphere. Or at least some extra singing from the choir - a nice rendition of all the players' chants and songs they can remember woud be good!

It won't exactly be Ibrox in an Old Firm game, but should be ok!

If results go our way on saturday a crowd of 6000 is not against the realms of possibility (as I can see Cheltenham bringing more than their usual if they need the points too). If results don't go our way on saturday 3500 may be more likely. In that case see if the Dale are at home as the atmosphere there may be better. (Or take him to see someone else, Notlob for example)

Right well he has since told me that he has his heart set on watching a premiership team, preferably united :unsure: No chance of getting united tickets so I had to work fast and manged to get a few tickets for city v fulham next saturday :( Crewe away is still an option though :grin:

Right well he has since told me that he has his heart set on watching a premiership team, preferably united :unsure: No chance of getting united tickets so I had to work fast and manged to get a few tickets for city v fulham next saturday :( Crewe away is still an option though :grin:

i had my heart set on driving an aston martin db7 but there ya go......

get him ratarsed,tie him to a lampost pull his pants down and paint him blue n tangerine,teach him to want to watch a proper football team and not a franchise or council tennant!!!

Well you have just ruined your rep on here havent you... :wink:

i had my heart set on driving an aston martin db7 but there ya go......

get him ratarsed,tie him to a lampost pull his pants down and paint him blue n tangerine,teach him to want to watch a proper football team and not a franchise or council tennant!!!

haha. yep I know it is frustrating perhaps after watching the crewe game as well he will change his ways but perhaps not.

Just tell him that Oldham beat City a few seasons ago and Everton this season. There is no difference. Last home game has to be done.

To late, the dirty deed has been done--city at home next saturday :( --please forgive me for I have sinned

:grin:

Edited by laticsmad

Give him a bottle of vodka beforehand and he won’t mind anyway, you know what these Finns are like. I think we’ll have a decent turn out, with a few goals scored recently, last match of the season and the last day of the Lookers.

How very dare you, I do not know what you are implying...

*hic*

:drinking66:

In general is the atmosphere and crowd decent for oldham's last home game of the season? The reason I ask is because my Finish friend wants to watch a footie game whilst here in England. I really want to take him to watch oldham against Cheltenham but fear for a sub 3000 attendance with an atmosphere to match :o

cheers

i would defo take him to crewe - majority of latics fans in fancy dress so will be a good atmosphere and also crewe could still be fisghting relegation on that last day so would prob be better