Leeds DDay

Lookers_Carl

Leeds DDay  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will leeds get back?

• Big fat zero
    • Five
    • Eight
    • All 15

So, regardless of whether its right or wrong, whether leeds were treated unfairly or not, how many points do ppl think they will get back?

I will be the first to say zero on the basis of

- Leeds broke FL insolvency rules which states you have to exit administration via CVA.

- The football league would have been well within their rights to throw leeds out of the league and withold their share, and there would not have been a damn thing leeds could have done.

- Leeds signed a legally binding document stating in return for their share, they accepted 15 points deduction and would not appeal.

- If the decision was overturned, then the likes of Bournemouth and Luton could also have a case for having their points returned on the basis that a 10 point deduction is unfair punishment.

However, if Bournemouth or Luton do not enter administration via CVA then I would expect the FL to impose a similar penalty on themselves

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Zero - they're applying to a court of law...and the court will accept that as members of the Football League, they must abide by that body's disciplinary procedures and sanctions. The case was unprecendented, but the League and its members acted by the book is assigning a penalty. The League punished Leeds at its discretion, and set a precedent rather than acting on one. The decision was ratified by the League's members. As such Leeds can cry foul as much as they want...the decision was taken fairly and as there is no precedent, they cannot try and persuade the courts that they have been punished unfairly in comparison to others who have done the same thing.

If, and I can't see it happening, but if they do get their points back, you can guarantee Doncaster/Forest/Carlisle will take them straight back into court. This will not be the end of it.

I hope its zero cos thats what they deserve as above BUT

have a worry they will get them back and bring football to its knees.

I have voted that they'll get all 15 back.

Then The FA will withdraw their Golden Share and they will be kicked out of the League :grin:

I have voted that they'll get all 15 back.

Then The FA will withdraw their Golden Share and they will be kicked out of the League :grin:

I voted 15. It's the way things work with teams I don't like.

If it goes against them it will only bring them altogether again for one last push to win the play offs.

I voted 15. It's the way things work with teams I don't like.

If it goes against them it will only bring them altogether again for one last push to win the play offs.

But if it goes for them they could be promoted automatically.

They'll get nothing, if the get anything it undermines the authority of the FL and will make their future rulings fairly irrelevant. Leeds broke the rules and tried to cheat their way around it, they'll get what they deserve, I just can't see what grounds they have for an appeal. What about the pitch invasion during the Ipswich game as well?

Edited by LeylandLatic

Five maximum I reckon. The thing is that they had a distinct advantage at the start of the season with the fifteeen point deduction - that more than anything else inspired and fired them up with a sense of injustice and a determination to claw them back as quickly as possible. SO to give them the full fifteen back would just be wrong and it will not happen :wedgie: .

they had a distinct advantage at the start of the season with the fifteeen point deduction.

:shock:

I doubt that would count as a distinct advantage. They would have been fired up to get out of division 3 wether they were down on points or not.

:shock:

I doubt that would count as a distinct advantage. They would have been fired up to get out of division 3 wether they were down on points or not.

I think they'll get some points back but not enough for automatic promotion, maybe just enough so things don't really make a difference apart from the order of the play-off spots!

I think they'll get some points back but not enough for automatic promotion, maybe just enough so things don't really make a difference apart from the order of the play-off spots!

If they get 4 or more points back they're in contention for the second spot and could get it if results go their way on Saturday.

I can see them getting 5 points back to bring it in line with 10 points everyone else loses once they go into administration. Don't think it's right myself but if they get anymore than that chaos will ensue.

However, if Bournemouth or Luton do not enter administration via CVA then I would expect the FL to impose a similar penalty on themselves

just to be podantic, it is actually exiting via a CVA not entering admin via CVA. Admin is the process which ring-fences the club/assets etc from action whilst the prefered insolvency route is decided on. The FL rules state that clubs exiting administration (unless liquidated) must do so via a CVA which protects all football-related creditors (ie. players, clubs that Leeds have bought players from and not yet paid the full amount for, any FL etc etc).

The crux of this matter is that IF this decision goes for Leeds completely (ie all points returned), it would in principle destroy this rule therefore meaning that a club could pay big money for players with no intention of paying the full amount for them...just wrong!! Then create the new club with said players and exit admin, get their league share back and carry on. Leaving all other FL members taking a 'hit' on their finances having done nothing wrong.

Well it's decision time so...