Micah 25mil to Man Utd

This is cruel.

I know the transfer stories in the Sundays are complete (ok 95%) rubbish, but there are times when I want to believe them sooooo much. :blink:

I'm not sure exactly what our sell-on clause is. What I am sure of is that we shouldn't really be expecting a big fat cheque for the full reported amount as soon as the deal is done. There are always instalments and clauses involved.

Mind you ... a million a season for the next 4/5 years would balance the books nicely!

Like every Latics fan I would love a big money move for micah just for the sell on clause we would get.

I have been sharing a bit of banter with a city fan and he can’t understand why when we changed to oldham athletic 2004 the sell on clause still applies?

I just shrugged this off as him being a bitter blue and told him it still applies.

Is this the case though? sell on clauses before we changed our name are they still void?

Like every Latics fan I would love a big money move for micah just for the sell on clause we would get.

I have been sharing a bit of banter with a city fan and he can’t understand why when we changed to oldham athletic 2004 the sell on clause still applies?

I just shrugged this off as him being a bitter blue and told him it still applies.

Is this the case though? sell on clauses before we changed our name are they still void?

Yes its still valid (not void). TTA turned down a bid to buy out the clause a few years back.

I have been sharing a bit of banter with a city fan and he can't understand why when we changed to oldham athletic 2004 the sell on clause still applies?

still applies 100%

Nice one!

My feelings are that Thatsin has either lost the plot or the getting rid of Sven malarkey is a smokescreen for other troubles to do with him not having access to his money. Sven had to talk the club players out of boycotting the club tour. I would be very surprised if a bid doesn't come in. City may actually need the money.

My feelings are that Thatsin has either lost the plot or the getting rid of Sven malarkey is a smokescreen for other troubles to do with him not having access to his money. Sven had to talk the club players out of boycotting the club tour. I would be very surprised if a bid doesn't come in. City may actually need the money.

He should have all his money back now shouldn't he? His mates won the election in Thailand. More likely is that he doesn't need a PR tool in England any more so is looking to get rid.

He should have all his money back now shouldn't he? His mates won the election in Thailand. More likely is that he doesn't need a PR tool in England any more so is looking to get rid.

On the BBC Northwest news they were saying that it looks like the same as last season. No manager and not sure whether he is going to have access to him money. He is currently over there fighting the corruption charges at the moment. Technically his finances are still frozen. But that would explain why hes ended his self exposed exile if his mate has been elected.

Things look bad for Thatsin:

(BangkokPost.com) - Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has postponed his return to Thailand from Friday to next week, his personal spokesman Pongthep Thepkanchana said Friday.

Mr Pongthep, however, denied that the postponement has anything to do with the flag problem.

Last weekend, a Thai national flag bearing Mr Thaksin's name was shown at the Manchester City stadium. According to Flag Act, affixing pictures, letters numbers of other symbols upon the national flag is against the law with a maximum penalty of a year in hail and/or a 2,000 baht fine.

The spokesman said Mr Thaksin has to attend business abroad, so he has to return to Thailand later than expected.

Earlier this week, Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said he will ask Mr Thaksin about the flag matter once he returns to the country.

Things look bad for Thatsin:

(BangkokPost.com) - Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has postponed his return to Thailand from Friday to next week, his personal spokesman Pongthep Thepkanchana said Friday.

Mr Pongthep, however, denied that the postponement has anything to do with the flag problem.

Last weekend, a Thai national flag bearing Mr Thaksin's name was shown at the Manchester City stadium. According to Flag Act, affixing pictures, letters numbers of other symbols upon the national flag is against the law with a maximum penalty of a year in hail and/or a 2,000 baht fine.

The spokesman said Mr Thaksin has to attend business abroad, so he has to return to Thailand later than expected.

Earlier this week, Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said he will ask Mr Thaksin about the flag matter once he returns to the country.

at the end of the day it will happen eventually,and we will still cash in our 20%.

ideally a bidding war will break out between manure chelski newcastle etc and his price will rocket,ferdinand cost 30 million when he signed for the red scum.

still applies 100%

I nearly fell over then, because I thought we had somehow managed a 100% sell on clause! This damn conjunctivitis is messing my vision big time!!

I've heard 20%, 4-5mil ( minus fees, tax, buildings and contents insurance, National Insurance and 10% donation to "The PointonsTache Appreciation Society") is still a great amount of money that we would never receive for a Latics player out right.

Guest oa_exile
I nearly fell over then, because I thought we had somehow managed a 100% sell on clause! This damn conjunctivitis is messing my vision big time!!

Exiles Tip of the Day : NEVER pick your arse and then rub your eye's after :wink:

I've heard 20%, 4-5mil ( minus fees, tax, buildings and contents insurance, National Insurance and 10% donation to "The PointonsTache Appreciation Society") is still a great amount of money that we would never receive for a Latics player out right.

Tis indeed 20% B)

Someone I know is mates with a city players sibling and has been told that Micah will be sold in the close season. Still won't believe it until it happens.

at the end of the day it will happen eventually,and we will still cash in our 20%.

ideally a bidding war will break out between manure chelski newcastle etc and his price will rocket,ferdinand cost 30 million when he signed for the red scum.

Unless he gets to the end of his current contract and leaves on a "McDonald" or a "Porter" or a "Wellens".

20% of naff all is ... oh dear.

Guest oa_exile

And knowing our luck that is what we will probably end up with :disappointed: so come on Manure and Chelski get them Cheque books out :)

Unless he gets to the end of his current contract and leaves on a "McDonald" or a "Porter" or a "Wellens".

He's got a long wait then seen as he signed a new 5 1/2 year deal in Feb of this year. Said at the time it was great news for us and it would only be a matter of time before the big 4 came knocking. Hopefully it might just happen this summer!

Worst kept secret of the second half of the season .......... you should all back Utd to win the league / Euro double and put another few million on his fee. be surprised if he moves south as heard he's a family lad and wants to stay North.

No matter how much money people think City have, they need to start bringing in dosh from other areas as the owner will not put much more in as he feels his return for his money as been poor hence Sven going. The guy is a complete tool and I can see trouble ahead for city in the next few seasons ... what a shame.

The treatment of Sven will see a few players leave including Richards, if Dunne goes as well City are in a pickle. The signing of his new contract was simply city's / his way insuring that Utd pay over the odds for him and he gets mega dosh.

As for him leaving city to move the their rivals utd ... what does he care, he's not a city fan and after all he will win medals at utd soemthing thats unlikely at City.

Afterall tax etc I would be a little surpirsed if a million or so wasn't invested in the team!

I heard a rumour (dont we all) that he was going to chelsea in a cash plus Wright Philips deal. Does that mean Shawny would have to play two or three games for us per season or do we just own his left arm?

I heard a rumour (dont we all) that he was going to chelsea in a cash plus Wright Philips deal. Does that mean Shawny would have to play two or three games for us per season or do we just own his left arm?

Player exchange deals always have a valuation - for one thing the tax man has a heavy interest in it, hence the valuation has to be realistic.