Frustrated Moore takes a time-out

Is it me or is anyone called MOORE a complete k-n-o-b in this town?

All together now Ahhhhh dee dums go & take your bat & ball home you pathetic loser.

Frustrated Moore takes a time-out

STUART MOORE: tired and disillusioned.

Local cricket: Lake Garage CLL by KEITH McHUGH

OLDHAM stalwart Stuart Moore is to take a break from CLL cricket after claiming he is “totally fed up” with the way in which his club is being treated on and off the field.

He also admits that, at the age of 31, the physical demands of playing two matches each weekend is taking its toll and he is in need of a rest.

In a frank interview with the Chronicle, Moore believes there is a “bias” towards some clubs and this is mirrored in the decisions of umpires during matches.

Moore (31), a successful fast-medium bowler and hard-hitting middle order batsman, has played for the CLL representative side on many occasions.

However, after being selected to play for the CLL against the Manchester Association earlier this season, he withdrew from the team.

“I had a minor injury at the time, but could have played. I just didn’t want to represent the league and what it currently stands for,” he said.

“It is hard enough as it is to get people to play at unfashionable clubs such as Oldham, but we do our best only to receive unsympathetic views time and time again by the league’s Management Committee.

“That’s the reason I pulled out of playing for the league side.”

Moore admits it is become increasingly difficult for Oldham to keep their heads above water.

“The club has no money and is fighting to stay afloat, yet the league imposes fines such as the £50 penalty for failing to inform them about a stand-in professional when there is nothing in the league rules stating you have to do so.

“Then there is the umpiring. I appreciate they have a thankless task and the majority of umpires tend to do a good job, but we as players also give our weekends up only to see them ruined by poor decisions by a minority of officials.

“It just seems the rub of the green always goes against unfashionable teams such as Oldham and always in favour of teams such as the Rochdale-based sides.

“This also seems to be the case when the Management Committee makes such decisions about fines, bans and other matters.”

Moore, one of a number of Oldham players aggrieved by the match-defining umpiring decision to give Chinthaka Jayasinghe out leg before wicket in Saturday’s game against Heywood at the Pollards, has resigned as cricket secretary at Oldham and is no longer on the selection committee.

He said the club was sympathetic to his views and actions, adding: “It’s been a hard decision to make, but I have been playing open-age cricket for the past 18 years and have never had a summer break.”

Oldham have two players missing for tomorrow’s John Willie Lees Twenty20 Competition semi-final against Monton and Weaste at the Pollards, so Moore has agreed to turn out for the team.

“After that I will be taking some time out,” he said. “I don’t think this is the end of my cricket career, though.”

CLL chairman Howard Dronsfield was surprised by Moore’s remarks.

He said: “I find it sad that someone with such long-standing success as a player in the league should come out with these statements.

“As regards the inter-league team, Stuart told the captain he had a minor injury and did not want to play three games that weekend.

“I can assure him there is no bias against Oldham. I speak to other clubs and they think they are the ones being hard done by. We treat everyone the same.

“Oldham are not the only team struggling financially. I would say there are about 75 per cent of the clubs in the league in the same position.

“We can’t treat clubs differently just because they say they are in financial difficulty.”

Not so sure its Time outs Moore like buckets of Mars Bars, if they are short of money what on earth were they doing signing a little Sri Lankan they had absolutely no chance whatsoever of winning anything. This individual started the spiralling decline at another club in Oldham not so long ago- clueless and he has made himself look an even bigger or larger muppet.

Mel Whittle who plays in the same team as him is about 85 and still going.

Ces Wright & Mel Whittle? Bloody hell, I used to climb over the wall at the Pollards to watch them... Can't believe they're still playing.

Ces Wright & Mel Whittle? Bloody hell, I used to climb over the wall at the Pollards to watch them... Can't believe they're still playing.

I think Cec is still at Uppermill aye. Not sure he gets involved in their 20twenty games though!

Huddersfield League's where it's at peeps. Delph are through to the Sykes Cup final after beating Golcar in the semi's. Some great Lancashire-Yorkshire banter going on all through the game too, was a cracking atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...

I just didn’t want to represent the league and what it currently stands for,” he said.

That will need some explaining.

notice the protest didnt last long, why did the Oldham Chronicle print this rubbish, any league worth its salt would throw a disrepute charge at both Moores and Whittle for their stupid comments which are against the Spirit of Cricket believe you me

• 1 month later...
I just didn’t want to represent the league and what it currently stands for,” he said.

That will need some explaining.

notice the protest didnt last long, why did the Oldham Chronicle print this rubbish, any league worth its salt would throw a disrepute charge at both Moores and Whittle for their stupid comments which are against the Spirit of Cricket believe you me

In last week's Oldham Chronicle, it states he has told his 'team mate' that he is off to Tanner Cup winners Heyside next season, ah well.

In last week's Oldham Chronicle, it states he has told his 'team mate' that he is off to Tanner Cup winners Heyside next season, ah well.

That is correct PeterboroughBlue, Heyside want him as their Overweight Amateur next season.

I had heard several Wispas that he was going to Breakaway from the pollards. I don't think there will be too many Celebrations there when they realise one of their Heroes has gone to leave for a bigger Club. In fact the Wheels could now fall off the Waggon at Oldham, this will obviously be the Topic on everyone's lips. His & Jason Maher's shirts will be hard to fill next season. Mel Whittle will probably be spitting feathers & doing his Fruit & Nut.