Sunday Times

Why? Does it explain.

ah! but did we actually get promoted to the premiership???

i thought we got promoted to Division 1, and that then developed to what it is now whilst we had our short stay.....

it's been a few years and i've slept a fair bit since so i could be wrong??? :grin:

ah! but did we actually get promoted to the premiership???

i thought we got promoted to Division 1, and that then developed to what it is now whilst we had our short stay.....

it's been a few years and i've slept a fair bit since so i could be wrong??? :grin:

Tis the truth. We shared one season with Luton in the last real First Division.

Tis the truth. We shared one season with Luton in the last real First Division.

IF we'd beaten Citeh on the last day of the season we would have finished 11th. With losing we finished 17th. Those six places @ £75,000 each cost us £450,000, which was a lot in those days to a Club like Latics. IF we had received it and invested wisely, we might have gone onwards and upwards. As it was, we had the Great Escape season and then the relegation season, followed by a helter-skelter ride down the League.

IF we'd beaten Citeh on the last day of the season we would have finished 11th. With losing we finished 17th. Those six places @ £75,000 each cost us £450,000, which was a lot in those days to a Club like Latics. IF we had received it and invested wisely, we might have gone onwards and upwards. As it was, we had the Great Escape season and then the relegation season, followed by a helter-skelter ride down the League.

As has been said a lot of water etc....................

But...... was that the game Joe gave Keeley a go and he chucked one in early doors? I remember having a huge row with the 2 numptons sat behind me in the Chaddy b4 the game started about how crap he'd been in the ressies but they were big fans and disliked Hallworth. They soon went quiet..

As has been said a lot of water etc....................

But...... was that the game Joe gave Keeley a go and he chucked one in early doors? I remember having a huge row with the 2 numptons sat behind me in the Chaddy b4 the game started about how crap he'd been in the ressies but they were big fans and disliked Hallworth. They soon went quiet..

I thought I'd worked it out at the time that we'd have been 13th rather than 11th - though happy to be wrong.

We took an early lead but then fell apart into one of the most appalling defensive displays I'd seen for at least 4 weeks. 5-1 down before we pulled one back at the death.

Remember a few season tickets (presumably glory-hunters) being thrown on to the pitch in digust near the end - talk about shallow gesture.

Funniest moment was an old bloke who walked down to the front of the Chaddywith his programme and partially obscured the warning sign:

It is an offence to Tresspass on the pitch :tongue1: