Shez's new positive attitude.

Remember all those poor performances at BP over the past two seasons, leading to all that moaning from the fans? Well Shez has already told us all to be more confident and get behind the team, and now he has come out with the following quotes in today's MEN:

"We will have a good season".

"Nothing less than three points will be good enough (against Millwall)".

"Home form is going to be crucial and I expect us to beat anyone at our place. I have a lot of energy in the team and we will go at Millwall from the first whistle".

"Millwall will be physically strong as always. We can't afford any slip-ups and I expect us to win,".

Some may say he is making a rod for his own back, but I applaud him and won't hold it against him if it backfires. If he sticks by the more positive outlook, I'm sure BP will become a fortress once again.

:comeon::ktf:

Remember all those poor performances at BP over the past two seasons, leading to all that moaning from the fans? Well Shez has already told us all to be more confident and get behind the team, and now he has come out with the following quotes in today's MEN:

"We will have a good season".

"Nothing less than three points will be good enough (against Millwall)".

"Home form is going to be crucial and I expect us to beat anyone at our place. I have a lot of energy in the team and we will go at Millwall from the first whistle".

"Millwall will be physically strong as always. We can't afford any slip-ups and I expect us to win,".

Some may say he is making a rod for his own back, but I applaud him and won't hold it against him if it backfires. If he sticks by the more positive outlook, I'm sure BP will become a fortress once again.

:comeon::ktf:

Yep I really like this attitude. It's a case of if the manager believes then players and fans will believe. Like you said, it may backfire but I certainly won't be giving shez a hard time for looking at the positive side.

Edited by laticsmad

A couple of other quotes from Shez in the MEN:

"I feel we’ve got everyone fit which is a plus point. I feel as if we’ve got people who want to play in the team and push each other – if someone plays poorly, there’s someone there to step into his shoes. The last two seasons, we haven’t got off to a good start, then for some reason we kick on and go on a good run so I’d like to get off to a winning start against Millwall. The main thing is we get off to a good start and get three points, which gives everyone a lift. It’s important we get off to a winning start".

"I think we’ve got some very good young players but because they’re young, they’re always going to have inconsistency in their game and you’ve got to repeat yourself lots of times. I’m sure they get fed up listening to my voice which is where the more experienced players come in. If I see them doing it on the pitch, it makes my job easier and I’m sure they’ll benefit from hearing a different voice".

I have a lot of energy in the team and we will go at Millwall from the first whistle".

I'll just have a little bet we don't do that...... managers always say that but it never happens (except under Uncle Joe), there will be 10 minutes of both teams taking it fairly cautiously and not wanting to give anythig away :grin:

Edited by ghostofcecere

Are you OK for Bovril and Marmite?

Funnily enough, I've just had some friends from Belper staying and they brought me a plentiful supply of both!! Along with Heinz Baked Beans, Sponge Puddings and Walkers salt & vinegar crisps.

They claimed that they couldn't fit the cans of beer into the suitcase but I suspect that they drank it on route!!

Are you OK for Bovril and Marmite?

When I first started listening to Latics commentary over t'internet I used to stand in the shower (with water turned cold) at half-time to simulate queuing for a brew at the "Snack Bar" at the side of the Chaddy... :grin:

He's right though.

Remember under Royle & Dowie I always thought we'd get a result - most notably during the Weds game. When Marshall scored I headed down to the front of the Chaddy thinking we're gonna win this.

If we're losing at half time or with ten minutes to go roar them on. It definitely helps.

Moaning definitely doesn't.