Top of the table

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Brilliant result today, shame I wasnt around to see it.

Hughesy coming to full fitness is something the rest of the league will be looking at.

Stattos, when was the last time latics got 9 from 9 in at the start of the season?!

I hope we dont get too distracted by the cup competitions this year. While we are obviously FA Cup winning material I think we need to concentrate on getting promoted first!

Lastly, word for Crossley, he's done well so far and is proving a lot of people wrong. Three clean sheets (Penalties excluded) is the start of a good run for him.

Bring on Colchester?

Crossely- Had nothing to do, but when called on did what was needed.

Eardley- Few dodgy moments but kept their winger under control.

Gregan- El Capitano was great, cool and collected on the ball, not one mistake.

Hazell- Reuben was the same, had an easy game.

Lomax- Played well, why do we need another left back? He is definatley good enough.

Liddell- Played well, didn't have much to do, :censored:e corners, they need to be worked on.

Whittaker- Ran the show, his goal topped of a sublime performance.

Allott- Also ran it, everything went through both CM, no mistake, our engine room is fired up captain!

Taylor- Did well again, played more of a backseat role today, passing and moving really, caused thier defence problems.

Hughes- Played unbelievably well, didn't stop running (Until he got his hat-trick of course!) I would renew his contract on Monday!

Alessandra- Played reasonably well, wasn't quite the same player after the ball smacked him in the chops.

Very good performance from all the team, no-one played badly and in the end should have had at least 6 with all those chances in the first half.

2008 17:13

P GD PTS

1 Oldham 3 7 9

2 Leicester 3 4 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Carlisle 3 3 7

4 Brighton 3 3 7

5 Milton Keynes Dons 3 1 6

6 Yeovil 3 1 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Stockport 3 1 5

8 Bristol Rovers 3 4 4

9 Northampton 3 1 4

10 Colchester 3 0 4

11 Walsall 3 0 4

12 Leeds 3 -1 4

13 Southend 3 -1 4

14 Leyton Orient 3 -2 4

15 Peterborough 3 1 3

16 Hartlepool 3 0 3

17 Scunthorpe 3 -1 3

18 Crewe 3 -2 3

19 Swindon 3 -2 3

20 Tranmere 3 -3 3

21 Cheltenham 3 -4 3

22 Millwall 3 -1 2

23 Huddersfield 3 -2 2

24 Hereford 3 -7 0

Full League One table

2008 17:13

P GD PTS

1 Oldham 3 7 9

2 Leicester 3 4 7

3 Carlisle 3 3 7

4 Brighton 3 3 7

5 Milton Keynes Dons 3 1 6

6 Yeovil 3 1 5

7 Stockport 3 1 5

8 Bristol Rovers 3 4 4

9 Northampton 3 1 4

10 Colchester 3 0 4

11 Walsall 3 0 4

12 Leeds 3 -1 4

13 Southend 3 -1 4

14 Leyton Orient 3 -2 4

15 Peterborough 3 1 3

16 Hartlepool 3 0 3

17 Scunthorpe 3 -1 3

18 Crewe 3 -2 3

19 Swindon 3 -2 3

20 Tranmere 3 -3 3

21 Cheltenham 3 -4 3

22 Millwall 3 -1 2

23 Huddersfield 3 -2 2

24 Hereford 3 -7 0

Full League One table

i know people keep saying its early doors n lets not get carried away.....but you have to hold your hands up and say its a fantastic start to the season,lets hope it continues like the team of 1990.....its long deserved.

plus hughes only needs another 17 to hit his own target...lol

Lomax- Played well, why do we need another left back? He is definatley good enough.

Liddell- Played well, didn't have much to do, :censored:e corners, they need to be worked on.

Allott- Also ran it, everything went through both CM, no mistake, our engine room is fired up captain!

Taylor- Did well again, played more of a backseat role today, passing and moving really, caused thier defence problems.

Hughes- Played unbelievably well, didn't stop running (Until he got his hat-trick of course!) I would renew his contract on Monday!

Alessandra- Played reasonably well, wasn't quite the same player after the ball smacked him in the chops.

Very good performance from all the team, no-one played badly and in the end should have had at least 6 with all those chances in the first half.

so crossley had nothing to do apart from the fact he made a super save at 2-0 when theri striker got free them scoring then could have a had a different bearing on the game

so crossley had nothing to do apart from the fact he made a super save at 2-0 when theri striker got free them scoring then could have a had a different bearing on the game

One save in 90 minutes. Good save, the only time he was called upon.

I would say that was a quiet day for Crossely; wouldn't you?

maybe but i guess you would of been one of a load of people slagging him off had it gone in

:huh:

No actually, your predjudice moaning radar is wrong on this occasion, I would have blamed the defence, for stopping before the whistle maybe should have gone for a questionable handball, and lacking vital concentration leading up to the save.

:huh:

No actually, your predjudice moaning radar is wrong on this occasion, I would have blamed the defence, for stopping before the whistle maybe should have gone for a questionable handball, and lacking vital concentration leading up to the save.

Doesn't nothing normally mean nothing and not one thing and as that one thing was a jolly good save then its worth noting:

"Crossley - made superb save to keep score at 2-1 which IF had gone in could have spurred Cheltenham on and who knows what could have then happened????"

My view which i know might be bollocks

Crossely- 7/10 Was kept reasonably busy first half I thought. One very good save at 2-0 and good distribution. Wish he would come off his line for crosses a bit more but that seems to be old school thinking nowadys.

Eardley- 6 Did ok faced with a decent winger.Fabulous cross for third goal

Gregan- 7 Very good, Very strong. Looked like Makeelele at times 2nd half! Hayles got well pissed off. Thought the ref dealt with him well.

Hazell- 6 ok Improving from the Millwall debacle

Lomax- 7 Played well, why do we need another left back? He is definatley good enough. AGREE Fabulous left footed cross for 2nd goal

Liddell- 6 Gives shape at times and does cover. Wishhe would stay a bit wider some times.

Whittaker-8.5 Very good. Half macca half Wellens. Plays well with Allot/Maher.

Allott- 7 Did well!As Whittaker

Taylor- 8 Pleased with him today got closed down for the first 25 minutes and managed to work out what was going on and sorted it out. Godd second half when the space was there.H

Hughes- 9.5 Fabulous perfomance the guy is far too good fro this league

Alessandra- 8.5 Links well with Hughes and has come on in leaps and bounds. Could be our best ever youth product

Brill prformance. Cheltenham were no mugs and we ran them ragged after the first 30 minutes,

KTF

Doesn't nothing normally mean nothing and not one thing and as that one thing was a jolly good save then its worth noting:

"Crossley - made superb save to keep score at 2-1 which IF had gone in could have spurred Cheltenham on and who knows what could have then happened????"

4-1 then. And still would be 2 points clear. ^_^

Edited by Xander_OAFC