The official Neal Eardley is below average thread

When was the last time you visited specsavers?

I suggest you get down there, somehow I think you keep watching the opposition full back.

We play in Blue or Monkey sick flu yellow. No other colours. OK?

get a grip. hes not half the player kelvin lomax is

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong.

He can tackle (more than can be said for a lot of defenders at this level), he has some pace, he can pass a ball forwards or clear out of defense if he needs to. He is an intelligent and aware player. He is very rarley caught out of position and if he is, its usually because he has been attacking when another player should be covering him. Team game here...

He's constantly out of position. Where you not at the Millwall or Dale games, where he got run ragged for 90 minutes? For most of the games he was practicley at centre back. I'm not normally one for slagging off our own players, but i'm afraid Eardley is the exception. Simply not good enough.

Guest sheridans_world
He's constantly out of position. Where you not at the Millwall or Dale games, where he got run ragged for 90 minutes? For most of the games he was practicley at centre back. I'm not normally one for slagging off our own players, but i'm afraid Eardley is the exception. Simply not good enough.

I was at both.

As I said (I assume you read) when he was caught out of position, another player should have been covering him because he was attacking. Taylor did a sterling job at Dale so that Reubs could move over and cover for Eards. Thats football, none of this 'he is your marker lose him and die'. We want football where everyone covers for everyone else if need be and thats what is happening. His marker at Millwall caused him problems because he was faster than him but how many times did he get past Eards? None. He may have been 'run ragged' but he didnt let him through once. His marker had to continually pass around to get through. Dale, the same although he was a little anonymous.

His form may have dipped but he is still a damn good football.

Wenks: Eards is half the player Lomax is. Rubbish. Lomax is good, but he aint as good as Eards. Yet.

Its like saying Chris hall is twice as good as Hughesy.

Were you there tonight Si?

Didnt think so, just to pick on a few of your points.

He can tackle (more than can be said for a lot of defenders at this level) = Dont think i saw him make more than one meaningful tackle tonight!

he has some pace = Which was completely non exsistant tonight.

he can pass a ball forwards or clear out of defense if he needs to = There is passing and there is hoofing, tonight his passing was atrocious.

Obviously i am looking at tonights game rather than a long term thing as we know he can play when he wants, twice he was in great crossing positions and both went behind the goal.

He needs to improve, which he can, but when somebody is making a point regarding how he played then he is entitled to that.

Guest sheridans_world
Obviously i am looking at tonights game rather than a long term thing as we know he can play when he wants, twice he was in great crossing positions and both went behind the goal.

He needs to improve, which he can, but when somebody is making a point regarding how he played then he is entitled to that.

But he isnt making a point based on tonight or this season for that matter. He is saying he is a bad footballer, which (as you agree), he isnt.

Guest sheridans_world
How on earth is it you numpty?????

Lomax has less than half the experience Eardley has.

Lomax is a good player, but he isnt at Eardley's level. Yet.

P.s. Sticks and stones etc.

Probally the best midfielder / left wing in the league last year was Robinson at Swansea. He's been running the Leeds team down the left and expect him to be one of the best players again this year. He was being raved about after the first two games .............. then came Oldham.

He was having to come inside most of the game at Elland Road as he got no joy what so ever from Eardley ... he was awsome and made very few mistakes (mistakes will always be made by all the team during games).

Lomax has less than half the experience Eardley has.

So that makes eardley a greater player does it. What an idiot you are. An example off the top of my head could be,

dean windass v fernando torres aka Experience V Class. You would take Windass boy wouldnt you Shez World. Clueless prat

So that makes eardley a greater player does it. What an idiot you are. An example off the top of my head could be,

dean windass v fernando torres aka Experience V Class. You would take Windass boy wouldnt you Shez World. Clueless prat

No need to get offensive fella, everyones entitled to an opinion...

Methinks Wenksie had a few too many shandies at Burnley (if he went at all). Or is he always this abusive when he gets a strop on?

No, it just frustrates me when people like Sheridans_world talk sh*te when they are pretty clueless about the beautiful game

Guest sheridans_world

Lomax: Played 30 Games

Eardley: Played 80 games.

Windass: 558

Torres: 331

Bit of a difference there. Lomax edges Eardley on quality, just. Experience is everything at this level. Obviously age can outweigh that but in this case it doenst.

P.s. cut out the name calling.

It's obvious to anyone that Eardley still has inconsistency in his game, I'm guessing from the descriptions tonight that his passing was about of the standard he showed us at Rochdale. Why it can't just be that he needs to show us his better side more often and get through a run of poor form I don't know. Anyone who denies that when he is good he is very, very good is really terribly blinkered.Maybe there is a reason that defenders tend to be more sort after in their late 20s and early 30s than when they are 19, at which age most are lucky to have sniffed much first team action.

Is that how you always try to win an arguement ??? If you have any arguement you blew it for me once you starting all the cat calling.

What qualifies you a the 'football' expert???

Since Eardley has broke through he was been a good asset to this club, he has definitely had ups and downs in his form, but many players at this level do.

It makes me laugh when people say lomax is much better, he hasnt managed to force his way into Shez's plans as a right back yet and remember Shez probably knows a bit more about the 2 players than us as see's these guys training all week and we only get to see the matches!

As for tonights game, give Burnley some credit too, rather than blame our players and team. We dont deserve to go to teams like that and steam roller them, they have some real quality in their side. It showed. They have been at that level for a good while now!!

Edited by wozz_oafc

Lomax is developing very quickly, and has grabbed with both hands the opportunity presented to him by us not signing a left back. But he still has an awful lot to learn defensively, and although his pace is a great asset going forward I don't remember him putting too many good crosses in. Not saying he's no good, far from it. But he's streets behind Eardley at the moment.

Eardley wasn't at his best tonight, but then neither was anyone else in a Latics shirt. But those who are slating him for his terrible crossing (granted there were at least a couple that went into the stand) seem to have missed the fact our best chance of the game was an exquisite Eardley cross straight onto the head of O'Grady at the back post.

Edited by garcon