Tommy_Fent

Why do you support Latics?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Why Do you support Latics?

• It runs in the family
    • There my local team
    • They were the first professional team I saw
    • other
  2. 2. Why do you fee our crowds arent fantastic?

• Lack of Success
    • Too many other professional clubs nearby
    • Poor Marketing in the past

I have always lived close to the ground and have supported Oldham all my life and took my son from being 4 years old. Now we live in Dukinfield and although still fairly close if you want a drink then it's 2 buses to the ground and 2 buses back.

I work shifts so I probably attend about half of the home games with my son and as many away games as we can. Problem is when I'm working my son doesn't go as all his mates are Man U or City and he can't be arsed going on his own.

We've been on the train to Hudds, Tranmere, Wolves, etc...win or lose have a booze and it's always a great day out.

He is out of work at the moment but under normal circumstances, I am certain if he had a companion to go with regularly he would buy a season ticket and go home and away.

With so many closet Blues and reds I'm sure this is a common problem as to why many fans don't attend.

Is there a supporters branch in the Ashton area as I am sure there are other supporters in surrounding boroughs in a similar situation.

Theres 3 of us that go from Ashton Home and away not including my dad and all his mates.

My mate also picks his pal up from near Morrisons in Dukinfield from time to time.

If i am driving i dont mind taking a fellow Latic if he wants to tag along with us. We are in our mid 20's but the guy we take from Duky is in his 60's.

We have ST's in the rocky. PM if your interested and i will send you my number.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was born in Oldham and as a kid I didn't spend much time in England. I soon moved to France then came home (after deciding not to move) and then spent a long time in Germany. Funnily enough I lived near Frankfurt and since I have always liked Eintracht Frankfurt (Frankfurt United). Though I hear that they are Latics no.1 (and only) German club if they were to support one.

My family has been a kinda of mix between Man Utd and Latics. My dad will watch any match, no matter what league. Though he loves Oldham as much as he loves Man Utd. Same with my granddad, but I have always liked the Latics.

My German family like Bayern Munchen (Bavaria Munich) so ...

My whole family's Latics through and through (including outoftheblue, who's my uncle). We've even managed to indoctrinate my little brother after a brief flirtation with the red scum.

Living in Croydon has sadly prevented me from getting to any games so far this season. Next week at Tranny central will be my first look at our (reported) best side in yonks.