Parking at the Tramps

Guest oa_exile
Ok, I know nowhere is safe in Scouseland, but where's good to park for the game?

I have always used the Club car park to be honest.

How To Get There By Car & Where To Park

From M6/M56 join the M53 and exit at Junction 4 and take the B5151 Mount Road from the fourth exit of the roundabout (the ground is signposted from here). After two and a half miles when Mount Road becomes Storeton Road, turn right into Prenton Road West and the ground will be visible on the right hand side.

Sue Warwick adds; 'An easier route to the ground is to leave the M53 at Junction 3 and take the A552 Woodchurch Road towards Birkenhead. You will pass a Sainsburys and then as you reach the Half Way House pub turn right at the traffic lights onto the B5151 Mount Road. Take the first left for the ground'.

There is a car park at the ground, otherwise, street parking, but beware that there is a strict local residents parking scheme in operation around the ground.

I got hopelessly lost trying to find the ground and did actually end up at the Mersey admiring the views of Liverpool across the river. My frustrations were not eased, when on asking a local chap for directions to the football ground the guy replied 'Liverpool or Everton?' After asking about another three locals I finally found the ground after going round most of Birkenhead.

Always used the pub car park round the corner from the ground, but I'm generally early and my car is old.

Did anyone from up here pay the £10 at Colchester? It made Everton's look a bargain.

Was told by a ColU fan that we'd need to have pre booked a car parking spot so used the bus instead.

Ok, I know nowhere is safe in Scouseland, but where's good to park for the game?

The main road that runs behind the Jonny King (??) stand......if you drive few a few hundred yards down the road (away from the bindippers towards us in the 'cow shed') then there is a medium sized public car park on the right where I have parked for free a couple of times in the past, although the free bit may have only applied to evening kick-offs. Seemed safe enough....jokes aside we cant exactly consider Oldham to be safer/nicer/posher than Prenton can we?!

Always amuses me that the stand named after this King fella is a dump when the others, including the 'cow shed' are quite good!

The main road that runs behind the Jonny King (??) stand......if you drive few a few hundred yards down the road (away from the bindippers towards us in the 'cow shed') then there is a medium sized public car park on the right where I have parked for free a couple of times in the past, although the free bit may have only applied to evening kick-offs. Seemed safe enough....jokes aside we cant exactly consider Oldham to be safer/nicer/posher than Prenton can we?!

Always amuses me that the stand named after this King fella is a dump when the others, including the 'cow shed' are quite good!

Small yes, but hardly a dump.

You're set to be a barrel of laughs aren't you sir?

So then, lets talk football. You'll look stupid. :lol:

Sound then.

What formation has Sheridan been playing away from home? Ronnie started with a 433 which failed miserably. No suprise there though. We've now switched back to 442, which suits us alot more. We're now getting the ball out to the wide men faster on attack.

Who should we look out for? I hear the Scumbag is out injured, which is great news. Is Lidell still pulling his weight on the wing?

This may be shocking news to you & I, but Bas Savage has been excellent so far. Coming deep to collect the ball, beating men, winning headers and has chipped in with a couple of goals. His partnership with Curran or Greenacre could be instrumental if we're to do anything this season. MAD I KNOW!!

Discuss Stitchy Statto...

jokes aside we cant exactly consider Oldham to be safer/nicer/posher than Prenton can we?!

Last time I was walking up to Prenton Park I saw a commotion which turned out to be someone being kicked in and thrown on a bonfire, so I'll reserve judgement on that one.

Sound then.

What formation has Sheridan been playing away from home? Ronnie started with a 433 which failed miserably. No suprise there though. We've now switched back to 442, which suits us alot more. We're now getting the ball out to the wide men faster on attack.

Who should we look out for? I hear the Scumbag is out injured, which is great news. Is Lidell still pulling his weight on the wing?

This may be shocking news to you & I, but Bas Savage has been excellent so far. Coming deep to collect the ball, beating men, winning headers and has chipped in with a couple of goals. His partnership with Curran or Greenacre could be instrumental if we're to do anything this season. MAD I KNOW!!

Discuss Stitchy Statto...

That's all way over my head. I'l just get pissed, cheer when we score, chant 'Hughesy Hughesy' whether he plays or not, take delight in Greegs again savaging Savage and exclaim 'hoooooooooof' as the ball is 'got out quickly to your wide men'.

:wink:

On a serious note we're likely to also be 4-4-2, hopefully. Possibly our 3 best players (Hughes, Gregan and Taylor) are rumoured to be missing which will be a blow but not to the extent it would have been in the past. We have decent cover. Watch out for Danny Whittaker in the midfield he's made a great start at Latics, looks a real gem. Having said that I rate all our players this season. Lidds is in great form, and you'll know all about Davies who will probably be recalled upfront..... :wink:

Not too confident myself going into this one, Tranmere and Ronnie have something to prove after our more recent meetings.

Enjoy the game laaa.....