In a week of Steward Criticising.....

After the last week and all the criticism we have been giving the Stewards, both at BP and Col U, what a pleasant surprise it was yesterday at Tranmere. We had a steward behind us and he was laughing and joking with us, allowing us to enjoy the game and even laying into Ronald. Well Done that man.

He was brilliant. Top notch.

we were welcomed by a steward who said "turnstiles on the left and enjoy the game" - Dont normally get that.

Before the game a steward was asking me about how many coaches we had brought, how many fans we thought were coming, how the team was playing etc. It made a nice change, they seem a good bunch of stewards at PP and didnt bother about anyone stood up. Some clubs could take note.

After the last week and all the criticism we have been giving the Stewards, both at BP and Col U, what a pleasant surprise it was yesterday at Tranmere. We had a steward behind us and he was laughing and joking with us, allowing us to enjoy the game and even laying into Ronald. Well Done that man.

And they had one that looked just like Barry Chuckle at the front right behind the goal.

One of the parking stewards in the main car park was told by melia that there was going to be a fair few Oldham there today and the steward replied. "you may as well not have bothered turning up. Ronnie's super white army are gonna win easy. 4-1." - We just walked off laughing after a bit of banter. Saw him after the game and melia's girlfriend walked past and made sure he heard, "well. i'm reaaaaaaaalllly glad I came today." - he just shrugged his shoulder and raised a smile.

:)

There was a few gobby little ten year old tranmere behind us getting tickets who tried getting a reaction by saying, "who da f**k are oldham". Steward put them in there place telling them to shut up or they werent going to be allowed in.

il echo these sentiments, i was sat on the back row just to the side of one of the groups of singers and looked a bit out on my own, so this would normally have been an easy target for a steward to get a power surge and just pick on the one guy. Refreshingly i wasnt asked to sit down once and didnt really notice the steward at all.

i also surprisingly came back unharmed from standing up at a game cheering my team on :o

Makes a mockery of all this health and saftey nonsense!! just goes to show what you can do with some common sense stewarding :)