Dominic Cork Player of the Year

Whether you agree with Lancashire's cricket committee to not offer the former England bowling all rounder with a further contract is one thing, but on www.lccc.co.uk there chance to vote for him in the Player of the season, you only get one vote so use it wisely.

Deserves to go. It's been an awful, awful season...the only plus has been Steven Croft, he'll get my vote and should win the player of the year.

We're a poor team this year and deserve a double relegation. What really got to me was when Law commented in the MEN a couple of weeks ago, whinging about the weather at OT and how we're in a mess because of it...no Stu...we're in with a chance because of it...it saved us from certain defeats against both Hants and Sussex.

And the whole Cork fiasco is a joke...Law coming out and criticising the committee for not including him in decision making, and then admitting that he'd given up his place on the committee at the start of the season as he didn't care 'where his car should be parked and how much milk is in his tea'...well you know what Stu, you're captain of one of the biggest and historically most successful counties in the country...maybe you should take your role a bit more seriously...don't complain when you're not consulted in the cricketing decisions when you openly tell the rest of the committee you couldn't give two :censored:s about anything else...

Cork's saved us batting wise a few times this year, but only because the top half have misfired. FDP and Croft have been OK, although the former's form has spiralled in the last couple of months...Law, Loye, Sutcliffe, Vincent? What have you been doing all this time? Bugger all. The reason we're in this mess is because we've hit 400 once in a first innings. Bowling wise Dom is awful, yes his best mate Law might say he can throw the ball to him if he needs to tighten it up, but think of the Twenty20 this year, when Cork threw two games away...Yorks at Headingley and Durham at OT...he only has two balls, the short one and the attempted yorker, which in Dom's case is the full toss.

Pathetic effort from a team whose captain makes even Greegs look modest...some thought we'd walk it this year, but we've got what we deserved. A second rate team led by a second rate captain, who'll be playing second division cricket next year.

Brilliant. 79/8 in a vital relegation struggle. Top scorer, du Plessis with 12.

How the hell has it come to this? Even with two players missing for England, we should be better than this rabble. I think a fair few players need kicking into touch (nigh on all of them).

I'd genuinely be tempted so kick all of them out but Croft, Hogg, Du Plessis, Chapple and Keedy. The rest are an embarrassment to the Red Rose.

107 all out. If it wasn't so funny by now I'd be crying.

EDIT: congratulations to our top scorer, extras.

Edited by jsslatic

Does anyone think Mike Watkinson should shoulder some of the blame?

It seems to be good year, bad year under him. He's been a great servant to the club over the years but it might be time to think again. It's only a few years ago he was being mooted for a senior job with England, it's not like it would have been that hard to get results with Law, Hooper, Loye etc knocking hundreds all the time.

I figured Law had lost the plot when he made a big point of how disappointed he was that Sutcliffe retired and how much more he still had to offer. I’d have hoped the County’s future lay somewhere else than in the hands of a 33 year old squad player who was never really the greatest.