simon corney interview

i wish he would stop banging on about the financial situation at latics, for gods sake we are top of the league and all he can go on about is what crowds he is expecting. Dont buy a club like oldham if you are expecting massive crowds. A lot of people in this town simply cant afford to go for example a lad i work with has 2 kids and it costs him a fortune on a saturday if he goes, so he goes when he can afford it if he gets the overtime at work, its a fact of life, he lives by his means and unfortunately latics to him is a luxury. I just think the wo is me tale about being skint is wareing thin, either put up or shut up cos its taking the gloss off a superb start to the season. in the pub before the game all the talk was about corney on blw1 instead of the game ahead

one word of note, one of the lads had his coat nicked last year with his wallet, phone and season ticket in it. he rang the club to ask for a replacement and was told that they couldnt do it (spoke to a guy called neil joy) bearing in mind this lad had a season ticket for 20 years and all the club could do was stick 2 fingers up at him, needless to say he hasnt been back since and instead sits in the pub watching soccer saturday

anyway top of the league really think we can do well this year good signings and good youth, just lets concentrate on the team and not the bleedin finances for once

i wish he would stop banging on about the financial situation at latics, for gods sake we are top of the league and all he can go on about is what crowds he is expecting. Dont buy a club like oldham if you are expecting massive crowds. A lot of people in this town simply cant afford to go for example a lad i work with has 2 kids and it costs him a fortune on a saturday if he goes, so he goes when he can afford it if he gets the overtime at work, its a fact of life, he lives by his means and unfortunately latics to him is a luxury. I just think the wo is me tale about being skint is wareing thin, either put up or shut up cos its taking the gloss off a superb start to the season. in the pub before the game all the talk was about corney on blw1 instead of the game ahead

one word of note, one of the lads had his coat nicked last year with his wallet, phone and season ticket in it. he rang the club to ask for a replacement and was told that they couldnt do it (spoke to a guy called neil joy) bearing in mind this lad had a season ticket for 20 years and all the club could do was stick 2 fingers up at him, needless to say he hasnt been back since and instead sits in the pub watching soccer saturday

anyway top of the league really think we can do well this year good signings and good youth, just lets concentrate on the team and not the bleedin finances for once

I've gotta say, if that was me, I dont think I would have taken "Neil Joy's" word for it. I am sure if proper representation would have been made to the right people at the club, then he would have been accomodated.

I've gotta say, if that was me, I dont think I would have taken "Neil Joy's" word for it. I am sure if proper representation would have been made to the right people at the club, then he would have been accomodated.

It wouldn't. The club make it very clear that lost / stolen tickets cannot be replaced. You can insure against the loss, through any insurer, as a personal possession.

If the club offered to replace lost tickets, they'd have at least 100 "lost" every season and all 100 of the lost tickets would be used every week to gain entry to BP.

Maybe when we have a modern credit card style system that can have cards cancelled, but until then.......

i wish he would stop banging on about the financial situation at latics, for gods sake we are top of the league and all he can go on about is what crowds he is expecting.

I know. Fancy that, after all the time, money and effort he's put into the club and all. You'd think he'd just shut his mouth wouldn't you?

if you dont like dont fooking go

oh and he should have kept his coat on if he had his wallet and phone in it.......is he stupid

I agree that the club should change its policy on lost season tickets.

While you are probably covered on your home insurance for loss, there is invariably a £100 excess on policies.

As there is no loss to the club in replacing lost or stolen season tickets (other than a little bit of paper and administration) I think they should replace in these circumstances for a small fee (e.g. £10).

Any one know why this can't be done?

I agree that the club should change its policy on lost season tickets.

While you are probably covered on your home insurance for loss, there is invariably a £100 excess on policies.

As there is no loss to the club in replacing lost or stolen season tickets (other than a little bit of paper and administration) I think they should replace in these circumstances for a small fee (e.g. £10).

Any one know why this can't be done?

Because people will pass tickets on to others and then claim they have lost them?

Because people will pass tickets on to others and then claim they have lost them?

Maybe I overlooked the outrageous idea of somebody getting the season ticket dubiously and sitting in a different seat.

Could flag it up as an issue at the turnstiles though - those turnstile blokes are always honest chaps!

i wish he would stop banging on about the financial situation at latics, for gods sake we are top of the league and all he can go on about is what crowds he is expecting. Dont buy a club like oldham if you are expecting massive crowds.

Oh be quiet!!

Hes every-right to moan, just like we moan at the attendances. With the amount of money hes put in, the amount hes losing im sorry but hes probably the only person who can moan. If we keep this start up the crowds will grow and well reach the 6k mark atleast ... he admitted 7k we probably wont get in L1 but IMO 6k (which he said hed settle for) is very achievable.!!

IMO, next three home fixtures all have the potential to get us beyond 6000 easily. Huddersfield will obviously bring at least 1000 even though they are a bit :censored: at the moment. Along with our current form bringing a few others out of the woodwork with any luck.

Hereford, you may say no chance, however.....I wudnt have thought many of their supporters will have been up this way before, so a ground to chalk off the list. Im not saying this will encourage them to bring 1000s, but every little helps.

Then obviously Leicester would supposedly be the biggy. If our form stays the same as it is now, or there abouts, the next game where we may struggle for 6000 in my opinion will be scunny, and thats a tuesday night. But if we put on a good show in the other three games beforehand, you never no.....

Idea re the lost season tickets - maybe there could be a travellers cheque like system where you get a receipt with your st - keep it separate and then if you lose your st - take the receipt to the club and get a replacement - or is this just open to abuse?

Unless you have to produce the receipt on the turnstile, the original lost ticket could still be used. The only solution is a "credit card" style ST that is swiped and can therefore be cancelled if lost, but that's gonna cost a fair bit of money.

Unless you have to produce the receipt on the turnstile, the original lost ticket could still be used. The only solution is a "credit card" style ST that is swiped and can therefore be cancelled if lost, but that's gonna cost a fair bit of money.

i would of thought that the credit card type system would be used once the ground is fully developed,it would do away with turnstyle staff so to speak,as one could cover 4 or 5 gates just checking...if you lost the ticket then ring the club to inform and they put a block on it,then if someone does try to use it it wouldnt let them through and would notify of the problem.

but like has been said one for the future...

regarding corney moaning,well it is his right at the end of the day...

but with christmas coming i reckon they should create a grotto at one entrance,and charge £15 to see santa,with the exit leading them into the family section of the chaddy end.....more people would be willing to take there kids to see father crimbo than latics,so kill two birds with one stone.....could even get ah to be santa!!!

what about a senser on the season ticket book that if if anyone but you touch it and try and get in BP, a beep goes off and it explodes!!

They could modify those devices they've got for the RRE seats, those ones have timers activated by the seat being left up for too long during the match! :grin:

but with christmas coming i reckon they should create a grotto at one entrance,and charge £15 to see santa,with the exit leading them into the family section of the chaddy end.....more people would be willing to take there kids to see father crimbo than latics,so kill two birds with one stone.....could even get ah to be santa!!!

I think that's quite a good , original idea.

Did he also contact his mobile phone provider and ask them for a replacement, cos I'd reckon that would be a no too.

He shouldnt blame the club, he should be blaming the gypsy thieving swine that nicked his stuff.

Did he also contact his mobile phone provider and ask them for a replacement, cos I'd reckon that would be a no too.

He shouldnt blame the club, he should be blaming the gypsy thieving swine that nicked his stuff.

If you know a gypsy did it, why haven't you informed the police and had the scoundrel arrested?

They could modify those devices they've got for the RRE seats, those ones have timers activated by the seat being left up for too long during the match! :grin:

This is all stuff after the horse has bolted though. Why not go with the injection of a microchip into the arm of the ST holder. Payment would activate the microship each season, and upon entry the turnstile would automatically open. Hey presto, no lost/stolen season tickets.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3697940.stm