Hereford - Big test

Their will be alot of people who will have seen last nights results and expect us to float back down the league into mid table. We need to prove that isn't the case. We will be missing Sean Gregan for this game and possibly Hughes and while accepting that these 2 are the in the top 3 players in the division in their respective positions we can't purely rely on them to get us promoted as both could well like last season spend a large chunk out injured. If we are serious about automatic promotion we will come flying out of the traps and put last nights shambles behind us.

We are looking for a reaction from the players now this result should be a wake up call.

We will be missing Sean Gregan for this game and possibly Hughes and while accepting that these 2 are the in the top 3 players in the division

I am intrigued,who is the third player?

Anybody remember Hereford beating us 5-2 at home when the was relegated after one season in the old second division (mid Seventies)?

I don't really understand when people say that it's wrong to say we're a one, 2 or 3 player team. We aren't a 3 player team but from what I've seen there are definately 3 most influential players for us...Hughes, Gregan and Taylor, they're the big guns in my eyes, and it makes a difference to the overall team when they don't play.

I don't think it's wrong to say that, it's like saying Liverpool are weaker without Torres, Gerrard, or Carragher.

We've had a great start and I hope Hughsey stays fit for most of the season as I think he personally could be the difference myself this season.

I am intrigued,who is the third player?

Anybody remember Hereford beating us 5-2 at home when the was relegated after one season in the old second division (mid Seventies)?

I'm not ranking them specifically but saying that Hughes must be in the top 3 strikers in the division and Gregan would be in the top 3 Centre Halfs.

I don't really understand when people say that it's wrong to say we're a one, 2 or 3 player team. We aren't a 3 player team but from what I've seen there are definately 3 most influential players for us...Hughes, Gregan and Taylor, they're the big guns in my eyes, and it makes a difference to the overall team when they don't play.

I don't think it's wrong to say that, it's like saying Liverpool are weaker without Torres, Gerrard, or Carragher.

We've had a great start and I hope Hughsey stays fit for most of the season as I think he personally could be the difference myself this season.

Nevertheless if you were to take two of those players out of Liverpools team and they were playing West Brom at Home they would still be looking to turn them over atleast if they were serious about challenging Man U and Chelsea. Against Leicester the week after we are going to need all the big guns blazing but Hereford at home we should have enough in our squad to beat them minus greegs and Hughes if we are serious about promotion.

P9 L1 FFS! As I said earlier in the week. Traditionally October is a poor month for us, We've taken 35 points from 108 available in the month since October 2001. Let's see where we are at come Chrimble. No need to panic, some tweaking here and there and a rocket up the arse for a few that have been poor for weeks. Particularly golden boy Allott. If Whitaker is a shoe-in lets see what Maher can do alongside him. We'll beat Hereford next week no question, because there is no way we can be as bad as we were for the 2nd half last night.

Team for Hereford

Crossley

Lomax

Rubes

Byrne (no one else fit/available)

Jones

Smalley

Maher

Whitaker

Taylor

O'Grady

Hughes (if not, not sure 'cos Davies looked very disinterested last night despite being restored., and Lewi just doesn't look like scoring so I hope slaphead is fit.)

Despite his goal Lidds was poor second-half, not too bad first. Allott has been poor for most of the season, extreme colour-blindness and twatting it aimlessly up the field and his headers opn the edge of the box always go to the oppo. Eards is unavailable so it is virtually a new defence v The bulls but I'd definitely play Maher, better passer than Allott, puts his foot in and takes a mean set-piece. O'Grady should've opened his account last night, but he is getting in there and the goals will come. Davies not sure what is going on his head at the moment but that wasn't acceptable last night and I hope Shez let him know that. Smalley would be in, instead of Lidds to try and give us a new outlet, Taylor has now been sussed and is being double marked, so another pacy attacker on the opposite flank would give them summat else to think about and hopefully enable Danny Whit to take advantage of the extra space in cettre-mid. Anyhow we'll see how it pans out, over a week for the wounded to get fighting fit and as long as we stay around the top 6 we'll be ok. BUT best to get back to winning ways and a mouth-watering clash on the horizon v Leicester when hopefully we'll have our best 11 available.

Anyhow balls to this pansy game, on to the egg-chasing...............