FIFA 2009

KiDdErZ

Yeah ive only just got XBOX live again last week when i got FIFA. Last time i was on it was June.

Ah right. I think when you've been offline a while you can disappear after a set time.

I range from playing like a Sunday League side to Brazil 1970. Usually all within one game too :wink:

• 1 month later...

I got rid of PES09 because after playing it for a week or two, it became apparent that its awful, so i thought I'd give FIFA a go.

Been playing it for quite a bit. Played it on the default level for a week or two, way to easy. Computer never scores, its not like I score a lot but I was winning every game 2 or 3-0, whioch can get very boring. I upped the level to the next one up (world class i think), and there are quite a few things that really really annoy me, things I just cant seem to do, no matter what I do. Any tips would be appreciated fot these, lol:

- Headers: seems impossible to win a header. If the comp gets a corner the there is a good chance they will score. Crosses are almost impossible to defend. Also, when the ball is in the air in midfield, even if i press the button to head it, they always wait for it to come down and try to pass it, meaning i lose every challenge that is not on the deck.

- Beating your man: this seems impossible. If I'm running at a player with, for example, Kaka, and try to dribble round a man then they block me off, every time. I've tried the skill moves, but they don't work.

- Crossing: Not so much a problem if i press the cross button, but if I cut into the area and just try to square it to my own man, then it ALWAYS goes behind him.

- Controlling the ball: Why does it seem to take an age to got the ball under control? By the time I have it under control the opposition players are tackling me.

Any help would be appreciated!

I got rid of PES09 because after playing it for a week or two, it became apparent that its awful, so i thought I'd give FIFA a go.

Been playing it for quite a bit. Played it on the default level for a week or two, way to easy. Computer never scores, its not like I score a lot but I was winning every game 2 or 3-0, whioch can get very boring. I upped the level to the next one up (world class i think), and there are quite a few things that really really annoy me, things I just cant seem to do, no matter what I do. Any tips would be appreciated fot these, lol:

- Headers: seems impossible to win a header. If the comp gets a corner the there is a good chance they will score. Crosses are almost impossible to defend. Also, when the ball is in the air in midfield, even if i press the button to head it, they always wait for it to come down and try to pass it, meaning i lose every challenge that is not on the deck.

- Beating your man: this seems impossible. If I'm running at a player with, for example, Kaka, and try to dribble round a man then they block me off, every time. I've tried the skill moves, but they don't work.

- Crossing: Not so much a problem if i press the cross button, but if I cut into the area and just try to square it to my own man, then it ALWAYS goes behind him.

- Controlling the ball: Why does it seem to take an age to got the ball under control? By the time I have it under control the opposition players are tackling me.

had similar problems when i first started playing the game but they usually get ironed out after half a day. You get more used to it as practice goes on.

Yeah, but I've been playing it for over a month. I just had to turn it off in disgust/anger!

Regarding first touch, i tend to eiether leave it til last minute and use the right thumb stick or run towards the ball. I onli use sprint when no1 is around me, otherwise ur asking to be tackled. With FIFA its all about patience. Only certain players will beat men consistently. Best to make the runs and passes.

Press green just before it lands. You can also use the analogue stick to step off the way Gregan often does. If it's going to their forwards, push the striker forward and then step back and it'll fall at your feet. As for crosses, I use green to flick the ball away and use the analogue stick to direct my header.

Hold the front left shoulder button when you make a pass and play a 1-2 around them. Definitely do not dribble and use the pace button either. You'll always stumble into the defender and lose the ball. Cross field balls and lofted through balls with yellow and the front left shoulder button usually split defences open too.

Do you just press it once? Tapping twice gives the cross more speed and three times zips it across the deck.

Honestly, I have no idea. Not encountered that much. Playing with lower league sides a lot?

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

• 2 months later...

It's the playoff final, at Wembley, Tranmere are 2-1 up despite being down to 9 men for 50 minutes of the game.

Header after header from Windass fails to go in, Lee Hughes pulls one back after a nice link up with Dean Windass on the 70th minute.

2 minutes added on after the 90, all seems lost when Tranmere have possession in the Latics half. Sean Gregan wins the ball and hoofs it up field, Dean Smalley gives chase, nearly beating the defender to the ball he forced a corner from the defender's clearance. The last chance, Chris Taylor steps up to take the corner when the Latics goalkeeper Greg Fleming gets the nod to run up, the box crowded Chris Taylor let's the corner fly in, and.....

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3804032

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3804192

It's the playoff final, at Wembley, Tranmere are 2-1 up despite being down to 9 men for 50 minutes of the game.

Header after header from Windass fails to go in, Lee Hughes pulls one back after a nice link up with Dean Windass on the 70th minute.

2 minutes added on after the 90, all seems lost when Tranmere have possession in the Latics half. Sean Gregan wins the ball and hoofs it up field, Dean Smalley gives chase, nearly beating the defender to the ball he forced a corner from the defender's clearance. The last chance, Chris Taylor steps up to take the corner when the Latics goalkeeper Greg Fleming gets the nod to run up, the box crowded Chris Taylor let's the corner fly in, and.....

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3804032

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3804192

thats quality pucka! keepers never get near the ball when i have em up for corners...

if anyone fancies a game on xbox live my gamertag is bradman99......

• 4 months later...