fans buy a player for the club

Hi all i have been thinking of this for a while just want to now what you all think. Remenber when coke cola did this buy a player for your club well why dont we do it our self when you pay in a the turnstile they could have a bucket with them and fans could make a donation of £1 or more. by the end of the season it wolud realy mount up, and season ticket holders could pay an extra £23 when the buy their ticket what do you think. :D

Hi all i have been thinking of this for a while just want to now what you all think. Remenber when coke cola did this buy a player for your club well why dont we do it our self when you pay in a the turnstile they could have a bucket with them and fans could make a donation of £1 or more. by the end of the season it wolud realy mount up, and season ticket holders could pay an extra £23 when the buy their ticket what do you think. :D

I think this idea might of worked in the 1970's but not today with the price-tags on players, like the floodlights apparantly they were paid for by the fans in the 1960s

Wasn't there a similar scheme launched a few years ago via the Trust (playershare??). As far as I heard it wasn't exactly taken up well...and that's when there was a potential to get some money back (very slim!!!). Is that still running???

Plus the TeamCard scheme, where you use your card when purchasing from certain retailers (inc Ebay, iTunes, Curry's, Boots etc) gives the club a vital revenue stream that helps to boost the coffers!! That's aswell as helping with money off tickets and merchandise.

Edited by lookers87

I would happily pay an extra £23 if everybody was doing and it was to be spent on 1 players fee or wages. Decent idea but as the poster I have quoted shows people are too tight.

Whoh there, hang on a minute sunshine.

Too tight! Too skint more like it. Why should I stump even more money than I already do. If it's not that much, I expect you can stump up my £23 for me?

Guest oa_exile
It'll just go on sourcing fresh newborn babies for Alan.

Going off a previous post Mr & Mrs Haining can count themselves very lucky bringing young Haining to the game and departing with it.

I bet Alan was slavering all the match in anticipation of them taking their eyes of it for just a split second ......thats all it takes .....gone! :pizza:

Edited by oa_exile

Whoh there, hang on a minute sunshine.

Too tight! Too skint more like it. Why should I stump even more money than I already do. If it's not that much, I expect you can stump up my £23 for me?

Fair enough mate.....didn't mean to offend. I'l stump up £46 - but only if everybody else does! Although judging by my credit card statement I should take a leaf out of your book!

But to answer the question of why you should stump up more money than you already do......well, read above! :wink:

Fair enough mate.....didn't mean to offend. I'l stump up £46 - but only if everybody else does! Although judging by my credit card statement I should take a leaf out of your book!

But to answer the question of why you should stump up more money than you already do......well, read above! :wink:

No problem.

I'm all for new ways to bring money into the club but I think season ticket holders do there bit. And as said before, how bad would feel if you were partly responsible for bringing the new Forbes to the club

£1 x 23 games x (ah well, how many would pay £1 a game? well even at 5000) x 5000 = £115,000 per season. Might just cover the wages of one player. That's if everyone pays the £1.

Might as well just pay for your match ticket on the day instead of buying in advance every other game to pay the extra £1 and let TTA sort out the players budget - it's not like they are making a profit.

£1 x 23 games x (ah well, how many would pay £1 a game? well even at 5000) x 5000 = £115,000 per season. Might just cover the wages of one player. That's if everyone pays the £1.

Might as well just pay for your match ticket on the day instead of buying in advance every other game to pay the extra £1 and let TTA sort out the players budget - it's not like they are making a profit.

you are missing the point if the fans paied into a transfer fund we could help bring in better players which means more wins and bigger crowds. and what i mean is i think £200000 could be raised and only a few people buy tickets before a game, and if we only raised £115,000 i dont think the TTA would minde making it up to 200,000 so we could buy a good young striker

Wasn't there a similar scheme launched a few years ago via the Trust (playershare??). As far as I heard it wasn't exactly taken up well...and that's when there was a potential to get some money back (very slim!!!). Is that still running???

Plus the TeamCard scheme, where you use your card when purchasing from certain retailers (inc Ebay, iTunes, Curry's, Boots etc) gives the club a vital revenue stream that helps to boost the coffers!! That's aswell as helping with money off tickets and merchandise.

Yes thats right we did launch playershare and absolutely right, it wasnt taken up well.

And yes the scheme is still running, people can still contribute to the scheme and once there is enough in the kitty, there may be a time where the trust can step in and help out re wages or signing on fee like when Luke Beckett was initially brought in on loan.

Not only that, we need to learn the lessons of 2003. If their came a time when TTA were no longer able to fund the club and we had to survive off what was coming in through the gates, the club may well need such a scheme in order to generate any form of transfer funds. In the early ritchie days when that were the case (pre moore) we had a team made up of kids and journeymen.