Beckham to AC Milan in January

Shame the turmoil at Newcastle stopped them getting a bid together, I could see Victoria tottering down the Bigg Market in her stilettos. It will suit Beckham nicely though, he won’t be expected to run much and plenty of time on the ball. LA Galaxy must be wondering what came over them though.

I don’t think he (or his missus) would have fancied Sunderland or Bolton, and that’s about the level he’s at IMO. Not mobile enough to be a regular for a top English team and not good enough to move into the middle to cover. I dare say his choice to go to Madrid was partly influenced by it, he hardly set the world alight towards the end of his Redd Soxx career.

Slower pace with plenty of time to pick out his passes, think he'll do well. Not to mention the calibre of players he'll be working with again. Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, makes quite a creative midfield as it is with Gattuso destroying things that pass them. Throw in Beckham, Pato, Maldini, Seedorf and fans favourite Shevchenko with erm Senderos and they have quite a side there. UEFA Cup champions surely.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I don't go along with this idea that Beckham isn't good enough for England, if Capello thinks he can do a job then that's good enough for me and nobody can knock Capello's record thus far. Granted Beckham won't be more than a squad player now as Walcott seems to hold that right wing spot at the moment but other rivals such as Lennon and Bentley have fallen by the wayside.

I don't go along with this idea that Beckham isn't good enough for England, if Capello thinks he can do a job then that's good enough for me and nobody can knock Capello's record thus far. Granted Beckham won't be more than a squad player now as Walcott seems to hold that right wing spot at the moment but other rivals such as Lennon and Bentley have fallen by the wayside.

I've no problem with him in the squad, and fair play to him for accepting it. He'll have the arse run off him if he starts against anyone decent though, there's no point having a wide player who gets beaten back over the half way line all game. He can offer an alternative to "fresh legs" off the bench though.