Reverting to WINNING TEAM!

Need to get back to team that won us so many matches early on fast!!!Could be in bottom half of league if we dont win on tuesday!!!!

Crossley

Eardley

Lomax

Gregan

Hazel

Liddell

Whittaker

Allott

Taylor

Hughes

Alessandra

QUICKLY needs doing!!!

Need to get back to team that won us so many matches early on fast!!!Could be in bottom half of league if we dont win on tuesday!!!!

Crossley

Eardley

Lomax

Gregan

Hazel

Liddell

Whittaker

Allott

Taylor

Hughes

Alessandra

QUICKLY needs doing!!!

Logical, but I'd go for:

Crossley

Eardley

Lomax

Gregan (but Stam/Hazell seemed tighter last year)

Hazell

Allot (but not averse to seeing Maher)

Whitaker

Taylor (right)

Jones (left)

Hughes

Allessandra (eases the pressure on the midfield, and creates more than Davies/Ormerod/O'Grady etc etc)

I agree with the getting back to a winning team sentiment. What is worrying is the apparent lack of our "strength in depth" with having such a large squad. It may be that our strengths have been sussed out and we haven't got the guile to get round that.

Maybe we just need to put up with this until we find our feet again.

A long way to go.

Seriously, I hate these threads with a passion. Tell us why you would do something etc.

An odd change here or there isn't gonna ruin the flow of the side. However, constantly making daft decisions at the back will, and not having the second striker scoring goals also will. We need to keep things fresh, but having a constant back 4, to me, is important, but Shez will have to find someone to partner Hughes fairly quickly.

I'll be harsh, we need to replace Hazell (bound to cause fireworks). I like the guy, if we didn't have him last season we woulda been in serious trouble, but this is a squad with a promotion aim, and he's not big enough, not aggressive enough, and not quick enough. Gregan, although slow, scares defenders, which is something which sees EPL over 32/33 survive and play the majorty of games. Again, I'll be quite frank, and those who think keeping clean sheets against Cheltenham and Hereford is enough to dub the defence sound are seriously wrong - I include Shez in that.

This isn't some knee-jerk post full of irritation due to the fact we've won 1 game in 7, because I haven't been happy with our defending all season. As I say, Hazell was key last year, but we have serious, serious issues when trying to defend against the better sides. Personally, I'd like to see a change here, but Hazell is the best we've got behind Gregan at the club. A centre-back pairing lacking pace and being carried by one of the two doesn't work. A loan-signing perhaps is needed.

Taylor obviously has been doubled up on, so it's time to get Lomax/Jones further on, and get them beyond Chris to give him more space. Ormerod needs more time to get match-fit and used to playing football again, and hopefully we'll start to see the goals fly back in. Shez was correct when he said a good start allows a wobble, and we're having one, no doubt, but there's many, many more games left to play. There's plenty of time to get going again, and as soon as we either book our ideas up at the back or bring in someone new there and as soon as we start hitting the target again we'll start stringing wins together.

Oh, has anyone else been rather disappointed with Allott's recent performances? He's been way off the mark for a while now in my eyes, which are bound to be fault in some peoples' views...

Seriously, I hate these threads with a passion. Tell us why you would do something etc.

An odd change here or there isn't gonna ruin the flow of the side. However, constantly making daft decisions at the back will, and not having the second striker scoring goals also will. We need to keep things fresh, but having a constant back 4, to me, is important, but Shez will have to find someone to partner Hughes fairly quickly.

I'll be harsh, we need to replace Hazell (bound to cause fireworks). I like the guy, if we didn't have him last season we woulda been in serious trouble, but this is a squad with a promotion aim, and he's not big enough, not aggressive enough, and not quick enough. Gregan, although slow, scares defenders, which is something which sees EPL over 32/33 survive and play the majorty of games. Again, I'll be quite frank, and those who think keeping clean sheets against Cheltenham and Hereford is enough to dub the defence sound are seriously wrong - I include Shez in that.

This isn't some knee-jerk post full of irritation due to the fact we've won 1 game in 7, because I haven't been happy with our defending all season. As I say, Hazell was key last year, but we have serious, serious issues when trying to defend against the better sides. Personally, I'd like to see a change here, but Hazell is the best we've got behind Gregan at the club. A centre-back pairing lacking pace and being carried by one of the two doesn't work. A loan-signing perhaps is needed.

Taylor obviously has been doubled up on, so it's time to get Lomax/Jones further on, and get them beyond Chris to give him more space. Ormerod needs more time to get match-fit and used to playing football again, and hopefully we'll start to see the goals fly back in. Shez was correct when he said a good start allows a wobble, and we're having one, no doubt, but there's many, many more games left to play. There's plenty of time to get going again, and as soon as we either book our ideas up at the back or bring in someone new there and as soon as we start hitting the target again we'll start stringing wins together.

Oh, has anyone else been rather disappointed with Allott's recent performances? He's been way off the mark for a while now in my eyes, which are bound to be fault in some peoples' views...

Among the players under scrutiny could be Gregan and Crossley.

The whole lot should be under scrutiny.

We have a cracking squad size with good quality players in all positions. We have proved we can pass and move. We have proved we can battle out results. We have proved we can score lots of goals.

The failure to deliver better results in the last 7 games has been shocking. We are still in touch with the top sides, so all is not lost, but we have missed some significant opportunities to pull away from the pack in a shabby October. No way can Shez blame injuries this time. He picks the team. He coaches the team. He motivates the team. While you can pin certain moments in various matches on different players, ultimately Shez has got to sort it. I'm not sure he can.

The performances of those squad members (not loan players) coming in to the side to compete for a place have been at best unspectacular.

Gregan / Hazell should be a better partnership than Stam / Hazell at the back.

Whitaker provides creativity in the middle that we so desperately needed.

Hughes has played the majority of games this season.

The spine of the side appears good. Taylor and Liddell have played well on the wings.

But we are back in that situation we were in last season where we had the ball, passed it around a bit very prettily and just didn't see the midfield join up well with the strike pair. Add to that defensive frailties that we didn't see much of last season and I am worried that mid-table obscurity may be the top end of what we can hope for.

I prefer a settled team. The same 11 starting week in, week out. If a change is needed, having a player who can slot in to the system works well. But I really do think somebody needs to shake up ALL the playing staff big time and focus on finding the qualities we saw at the front end of the season.

This squad is good enough to go up automatically.

Edited by opinions4u

Couldnt agree more!

Get a few changes back and back to our original team, maybe a change of Goalkeeper too.

I dont hate Crossley i just think he needs a rest and Fleming needs to show us what he can do when needed to be called upon.

Scunthorpe the team i would pick would be:

Fleming

Eardley

Gregan

Hazzell

Lomax

Taylor

Allott

Whitaker

Jones

Allessandra

Hughes