Stuart Giddings

So to my suprise last night Stuart Giddings was playing for Hinkley United vs Curzon Ashton!

He got subbed mid way through the 2nd half!

I thought this lad did well when we had him on loan fron Coventry for us and would at least have been better then that level!

Interesting - yeah, he looked to have lots more ability than that. Was thinking of giddings the other day during the jones thread - for me he is almost the anti-jones... similar physiques, however Giddings was a total defender first, and didnt really have anything much to offer going forward, but always held his position, and always got his foot in....

Perhaps an indication that full backs have to be far more than just defenders these days...

Interesting - yeah, he looked to have lots more ability than that. Was thinking of giddings the other day during the jones thread - for me he is almost the anti-jones... similar physiques, however Giddings was a total defender first, and didnt really have anything much to offer going forward, but always held his position, and always got his foot in....

Perhaps an indication that full backs have to be far more than just defenders these days...

As his late miss at Carlisle proved!

Talking of former left backs or one who made a brief apperance in pre season . John Hills is now playing for Fleetwood Town in the Blue Square North. Always

thought he was a decent player when he played against us for the *%^&siders.

Edited by droyblue0

Talking of former left backs or one who made a brief apperance in pre season . John Hills is now playing for Fleetwood Town in the Blue Square North. Always

thought he was a desent player when he played against us for the *%^&siders.

He has also been at fault for quite a few of Fleetwoods conceded goals this season, John Hills has bought a pub in Blackpool with one of his friends and by all accounts he is more interested in getting the boozer up and going than trying to break back into league football.