David Bentley

Another case of naff goalkeeping from Almunia (along with the second goal). It's an area of Arsenal which I'm surprised they haven't shored up. I think they are missing a first and a second string keeper, as Almunia isn't even that for me. Fix that, a defensive midfielder, a bit more cover in central defence and I think they can manage fourth place, instead of fourth place.

As for Bentley. He is still a cock of the highest order and I wouldn't let him touch an England shirt again.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Another case of naff goalkeeping from Almunia (along with the second goal). It's an area of Arsenal which I'm surprised they haven't shored up. I think they are missing a first and a second string keeper, as Almunia isn't even that for me. Fix that, a defensive midfielder, a bit more cover in central defence and I think they can manage fourth place, instead of fourth place.

As for Bentley. He is still a cock of the highest order and I wouldn't let him touch an England shirt again.

Id disagree heard loads about Almunia been crap etc so just assumed he was then got the chance to actually see him in the flesh and he was excellent. Prone to the odd gaff no doubt, but arent they all!! He can play a bit as well so i guess he fits into the Arsenal mould.

It was a good shot, but Almunia got a full hand to a ball which wasn't exactly travelling anymore. He should have saved it.

If Crossley had conceded that one, then most of us would have been far from impressed. As for Bentley, if you don't buy a ticket and all that...

Just a little footnote on last night's Premier Greed, ten years ago we had matches of that excitement every week then the money and the massive influx of foreign players, managers and their tentative tactics took over thus my complete disinterest in anything above the championship, however more of the same as last night and I may actually watch a game rather than having it on in the background. Anyhow it was good but not as good as Ireland v Samoa on Monday morning, that was an enthralling spectacle for us egg chasing fans.

Edited by oafcprozac

Id disagree heard loads about Almunia been crap etc so just assumed he was then got the chance to actually see him in the flesh and he was excellent. Prone to the odd gaff no doubt, but arent they all!! He can play a bit as well so i guess he fits into the Arsenal mould.

Is that the bloke who let 4 in against Spurs last night? :shock:

David Bentley is a prick for refusing to go into the U21s because he thought he deserved a full senior call up.

He shouldn't be presented with the opportunity to play for England.

What's really bad is that he did it after it was too late to replace him, so we were a man light in the squad and he denied someone else the chance.