Hughes - positive outlook

An outstanding characteristic of Hughes' game and attitude is the sheer enthusiasm he shows. There's an obvious love of the game, his banter with refs, and with opposing players , and all with a smile and good humour. Yes, he fouls, but there's a refreshing " I'm enjoying playing football" style about him. After being banged up then maybe that's to be expected, but I get the feeling that it's part of him anyway. On the field, in interviews, in chats with supporters he seems to be enthusuastic about the success of team mates, and the club in general. In a football world of cynicism and tantrum throwing, Lee Hughes is a reminder of days when players reminded themselves that they were being paid for playing football!

Lee Hughes is a reminder of days when players reminded themselves that they were being paid for playing football!

Possibly because he knows he is unbelievably lucky to still be doing so.

That said, his attitude and enthusiasm do inspire a little, as does his skill. Also, his encouragement to Lewis Alessandra that was evident on Tuesday night was also there earlier in the season.

On its own, that is worth massive amounts to the team.

An outstanding characteristic of Hughes' game and attitude is the sheer enthusiasm he shows. There's an obvious love of the game, his banter with refs, and with opposing players , and all with a smile and good humour. Yes, he fouls, but there's a refreshing " I'm enjoying playing football" style about him. After being banged up then maybe that's to be expected, but I get the feeling that it's part of him anyway. On the field, in interviews, in chats with supporters he seems to be enthusuastic about the success of team mates, and the club in general. In a football world of cynicism and tantrum throwing, Lee Hughes is a reminder of days when players reminded themselves that they were being paid for playing football!
Absolutely, I always think he's really enjoying himself doing what he is doing, and this rubs off on me.

I get really excited about watching him play every week, we're very lucky to have him

To be honest, he looks absolutely terrifying, yet friendly at the same time. :blink: I can't imagine what any defender thinks when he's lurking with intent and on the occasions when I have seen him play, he creates an instant buzz when he gets possession. A lucky man, considering, but I think his honesty on the subject and his willingness to do his bit for the community has helped enormously.

Lucky for him and lucky for us.