Football Manager 2009 - Demo Released!

http://www.footballmanager.net/

Tbh I'm quite happy with our stats, I think they're pretty spot on, lots of enquiries about Hughes and Allott. Hughes by the way is the best striker in League One at the start, well that's after compraing him with Beckford and Fryatt and if he's better than those two then I don't think they'll be anyone else with better stats than him. Taylor might be a tad underrated but I'm hoping his stats will boost up quite fast. Chris O'Grady is quite naff and only has the potential to become "a good striker in League 2". Lewis looks pretty good and is valued at £160,000 from the start.

It's quite good, just got Geoff Horsfield on trial!

Tbh I'm quite happy with our stats, I think they're pretty spot on, lots of enquiries about Hughes and Allott. Hughes by the way is the best striker in League One at the start, well that's after compraing him with Beckford and Fryatt and if he's better than those two then I don't think they'll be anyone else with better stats than him. Taylor might be a tad underrated but I'm hoping his stats will boost up quite fast. Chris O'Grady is quite naff and only has the potential to become "a good striker in League 2". Lewis looks pretty good and is valued at £160,000 from the start.

Cheers Pukka - it's good to see decent feedback (I do the stats for FM). To be honest I had to try and be as realistic as possible with the stats. We did the stats for this game at the end of last season, so bearing in mind we finished lower last season than we did the season before (6th v 8th) I had to try really hard to justify making the squad better. They do clamp down on you over doing it as well - which is fair enough or else everyone would make their team the best!

I'm happy with Hughes looking as good as he does, with Taylor the stats I gave him made him one of the best players in the league, I increased him massively from last year - a little too much at the start so we toned down his stats but made his potential very high, also his loyalty to the club is better than on the last one - when he always used to leave. On the demo that I started he signed a new 5 year contract straight away!!

O'Grady was a funny one, as was Whittaker, because they had come from what are now League 2 clubs, their ratings were automatically quite low - for example a star player at Port Vale could only be as good as one of our top reserves based on the positions we finished in the league last year - the same for O'Grady so for now we'll have to put up with him not being so great I'm afraid.

The same thing happened with Allott last year - because Chesterfield got relegated he got transferred to us with the same stats he had at Chesterfield (ie: a star player in a relegated League 1 side). However when we updated the stats at the end of last season I tried to upgrade his stats to reflect the fact that last year he was by far our most consistent player.

I hope that load of waffle helps people to understand how the ratings are done and why sometimes things are lower than we would all hope - however if any of you ever want to discuss the ratings etc in FM just PM me or add feedback on here.

Cheers

Chris

You've done a great job, not that oafcmetty didn't, but I'm liking all the PPMs our players have for one thing. And Andy Liddell finally has 20 for Penalties! Also little details, like Alessandra being a Bolton fan.

I could post in the Data forum about improving Whitaker if you think it'll help? He's playing awfully for me!

are talking about darren beckford and jim fryatt then

I was really looking forward to this game but it's been a disappointing demo. The performance is so sluggish - particularly on match days, and I have a reasonably high-performing computer - that I gave up. The Oldham stats seemed good to me (John Thompson a little overrated, Dean Smalley a little underrated, but fine otherwise) although it's a shame some of the younger prospects weren't listed (Eaves, etc). I guess that's a timing/age issue though.