Yesterday! Was it?

1) Sheridan not motivating the team?

OR

2) The team generally being complacent and not giving lower teams enough respect?

1) I don't know about Shez but I was angry when I saw Gregan's head go straight down after the 2nd goal went in...he should be the one getting spirits back up and getting the players confidence back!

AND

2) I think we went out their thinking it was going to be another performance like against Scunny...I don't think they realised you actually have to turn up to play like they did last Tuesday.

naaa just thought we were outplayed and outbattled by another team in one game - it happens - saw it too many times last seas - only once so far this seas thankfully

Are you joking?

We weren't outplayed or outbattled...Yeovil were s**t...we were just worse...

And do you not remember swindon? We were outplayed and outbattled then...and the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half at Hartlepool...we were a pub team then.

1) I don't know about Shez but I was angry when I saw Gregan's head go straight down after the 2nd goal went in...he should be the one getting spirits back up and getting the players confidence back!

I think Shez needs to review his ideas on these older heads on the field. Gregan is not organizing, Allott is not confident and Liddell is not contributing. I've looked at both goals and both balls dropped in areas where Gregan was the nearest defender. I believe that all 3 are in on reputation and not on merit.

1) Sheridan not motivating the team?

OR

2) The team generally being complacent and not giving lower teams enough respect?

I think it was a bit of both. Once the team got out there they didnt take the game to Yeovil. When we play teams higher up the league we are forced to play quicker, but against Yeovil we just seemed happy to sit back and just expect a goal to come instead of lifting the tempo. I didnt see too much of Shez shouting from the touchline to lift the pace, nor did I see enough shouting from Gregan to get the players going.

I think it was a bit of both. Once the team got out there they didnt take the game to Yeovil. When we play teams higher up the league we are forced to play quicker, but against Yeovil we just seemed happy to sit back and just expect a goal to come instead of lifting the tempo. I didnt see too much of Shez shouting from the touchline to lift the pace, nor did I see enough shouting from Gregan to get the players going.

yeovil came with a game plan and stuck with it,we could'nt break them down,when we went 2-0 down shez should of changed it straight away and took a defender off for a forward instead of like for like it did'nt make any sense.ktf.

We were closed down very quickly every time time we had the ball. W couldn't and didn't create much and we certainly didn't take our chances. Poor from all set pieces and some poor defending for both goals. Thought we were very quiet and looked a bit tired.

Are you joking?

We weren't outplayed or outbattled...Yeovil were s**t...we were just worse...

No I am not joking - we were outbattled and outplayed - we werent at our best and Yeovil played decent stuff

as for away gamnes - soz dont go away - bit gutted last season - didnt see us win til xmas!

It's quite simple to me what went wrong.

We have all seen that game countless times before. The away team, minnows and big underdogs, comes and sets themselves up for a nil nil. The home crowd are expectant but hardly excited. The game starts and is hardly a classic due to the opposition. They are hard to break down, there is no buzz and the crowd goes flat long before half-time. Come 60 minutes there is still no goal, the crowd are getting frustrated, so are the players and then BANG, a goal out of nothing. That sense of 'here we go again' sets in, and we lose a game we would have won 4-0 had we scored early.

Am I wrong? Thing is promotion chasing teams must not lose games in this manner. How? Well I think fixtures like these are ideal to use the squad. It is the time to put in players who will be hungry to impress - the likes of Maher, Stam, Lomax, Smalley, Lee, Stephens, Fleming. I think all things considered a team made up of these players is more likely to beat Yeovil at home then the slightly stronger, yet less motivated 'first team' is. It's the same principle that I think England should apply when playing minnows. Playing a second string which has something to prove.......