Everyone is baffled...... But

Come on, are things really that bad, yes the last 4 games, scunny aside have been shaky to say the least. But some of the trash on here is like we are rooted at the foot of the table. Gregan didnt have his best game on Saturday, however we look better with him than without him, end of story. Lets keep it real on the doom and gloom. Its now time to see what Shez has in his locker as a Manager, I dont agree with a number of things so far this season but moaning and grumbling is not going to help. We dont even know who this new forward is yet and he is already :censored:E lol.

Keep the faith

Come on, are things really that bad, yes the last 4 games, scunny aside have been shaky to say the least. But some of the trash on here is like we are rooted at the foot of the table. Gregan didnt have his best game on Saturday, however we look better with him than without him, end of story. Lets keep it real on the doom and gloom. Its now time to see what Shez has in his locker as a Manager, I dont agree with a number of things so far this season but moaning and grumbling is not going to help. We dont even know who this new forward is yet and he is already :censored:E lol.

Keep the faith

Plus apparently we've been linked with Obafemi Martins so the future's bright.

Keep the faith

Yes-'moaning and grumbling' on an internet message board presumably set up for the expression of all shades of opinion regarding Latics, quite clearly is a major factor in what goes on on the pitch on Saturday afternoons.

It really makes you wonder what it was that made teams lose games in the days before the internet was invented.

Plus apparently we've been linked with Obafemi Martins so the future's bright.

We are 7th and still with the pack, Leicester have had a wobble, Millwall got tonked at Brighton, Scunny lost to us on Tuesday. It doesnt look like 1/2 teams will run away with it this year. Come on Chins up lol :D

We are 7th and still with the pack, Leicester have had a wobble, Millwall got tonked at Brighton, Scunny lost to us on Tuesday. It doesnt look like 1/2 teams will run away with it this year. Come on Chins up lol :D

It really depends on whether or not we can seal the Roman Bednar deal.

Yes-'moaning and grumbling' on an internet message board presumably set up for the expression of all shades of opinion regarding Latics, quite clearly is a major factor in what goes on on the pitch on Saturday afternoons.

It really makes you wonder what it was that made teams lose games in the days before the internet was invented.

No but it doesnt take long for people to start calling us :censored:E at any opportunity, I would have took 7th at this stage of the season, if you think that is poor then so be it. Oldham fans get too excited when we are winning, always been the same

No but it doesnt take long for people to start calling us :censored:E at any opportunity, I would have took 7th at this stage of the season, if you think that is poor then so be it. Oldham fans get too excited when we are winning, always been the same

jesus if with sign bendar then i might start to have a moan.....eardley better than him :wink:

Edited by palmer1

Same as city fans on GMR;), a win and their the best ever off into Europe they go, a loss and its relegation!

If only all Latics fans could be content with permanent mediocrity, we'd be on our way back to the Premier League.

Musings from my sickbed at the moment, turning point of the season so far was the mad 5 minute spell at Hartlepool, we've been decidedly dodgy since - particularly in defence and midfield.

Hudds D1-1 Should been soundly beaten

Stockport L1-3 One half showing AGAIN!

Hereford W4-0 but come on they really are a pub team and way out of their depth

Leicester D1-1 Second best until they scored, superb for the last 20 mins

Brizzle L0-2 Huffed and puffed, but if you don't want badly enough in EITHER box then you'll get beat

Swindle L0-2 Bright start goes tits up, heads go down - same old story

Scunny W3-0 Great performance but it is Latics after-all

Yeovil L0-2 First goal all important, we don't get it, easier to read than a John Sullivan script.

P8 W2 D2 L4 F10 A11 Pts 8

Where's it going wrong? for me Jones was a signing too far, Kelvin had done nowt wrong and he was good enough to be in the team at the start of the season so imo has earned his right. Ormerod has been pants since leaving Southampton where the trees were left standing in his wake anyway. A good period apart at the lashers what has this guy ever done? And to keep Wolfy in the squad whilst allowing CD and C O'G to do one on loan is friggin' madness Shez. He's got his stronger squad and doesn't have a feckin' clue what to do with it. Yes the players have been poor lately, particularly Allott and Gregan but the buck stops at the top. Ok we're 7th, BUT if we'd have won at Hartlepool we would have been 5 points clear, oh how 7 minutes can change a teams's destiny! WTF does he say at HT?

7th is fine, way better than this stage last season BUT we are dropping like a stone at the moment. Whitaker apart we have no midfield. Taylor is easily being marked out of games and our talisman striker Scunny apart has been anonymous for weeks and in a very comfy comfort zone. Gregan's bad habits have returned and Crossley has about as much friggin' movement as a 'temple' at the moment! The only two nailed on to start for me in the next league game would be Rubes and Danny Whit. The rest of them should be worried, we have this bigger squad but Shez still picks his favourites and hasn't the bollocks to change it. Last season Leyton Orient were up there until November, Port Vale were the year before.......there's a pattern developing.

We've had a tremendous start but now it is being wasted through a lack of pro-activity from the manager - sod the looan signings he's brought more than enough players in and can't manage what he's got. We're a skint Third Division club and have one of the biggest squads, yet Shez thinks it's Champ manager and throwing a few more players in will solve everything - well Shez...no it won't until you can get the best out of what you have I wouldn't give you another frickin' bean!

Keep the faith

Spot on eddie

if we are gonna have a blip, lets have one now and finish strong.

if i remember rightly blackpool did just that and finished the season by storm, had their run started one game earlier they would have got automatic promotion

its the same every week, we have a good result "were gonna win the league auto promotuon here we come etc"

we lose "were :censored:e we are going knowhere shez out bla bla bla"

EVERY team in this division, including ours, has its strengths, weaknesses, blips, runs, good games and bad games.

From what I can gather so far, we lack the consistency to win the division outright, however I do not think second place is out of our reach and I would personally be dissappointed with anything less than 6th.

Regarding Shez, as eddie said lets see what he does to try to turn it round. He has this season and next left on his contract, and I would guess that if we are still in this div next season and if TTA's laticsworld interview is anything to go by, he will have to work on something of a reduced budget.

I personally would give him until the end of his contract, unless come feb/march we are languishing in the bottom half of the table.

I suspect we will see alot of activity in January, coming in and going out.

7th is fine, way better than this stage last season BUT we are dropping like a stone at the moment. Whitaker apart we have no midfield. Taylor is easily being marked out of games and our talisman striker Scunny apart has been anonymous for weeks and in a very comfy comfort zone. Gregan's bad habits have returned and Crossley has about as much friggin' movement as a 'temple' at the moment! The only two nailed on to start for me in the next league game would be Rubes and Danny Whit. The rest of them should be worried, we have this bigger squad but Shez still picks his favourites and hasn't the bollocks to change it. Last season Leyton Orient were up there until November, Port Vale were the year before.......there's a pattern developing.

We've had a tremendous start but now it is being wasted through a lack of pro-activity from the manager - sod the looan signings he's brought more than enough players in and can't manage what he's got. We're a skint Third Division club and have one of the biggest squads, yet Shez thinks it's Champ manager and throwing a few more players in will solve everything - well Shez...no it won't until you can get the best out of what you have I wouldn't give you another frickin' bean!

But if you listen to the majority, they think Shez is god. I for one are not saying sack him, but he needs to be more accommodating with the press etc... cos all we hear is the same dross, he comes accross so arrogant.

* We have O'grady, alright not some peoples cup of tea, but he is adifferent option ala Tranmere and Colchester - HE BEEN LOANED OUT - Why is this Shez?

* We have Davies who for some reason has lost his way - HE BEEN LOANED OUT - Why is this Shez?

* We have Ormerod wou is also out of favour, and we are on the look out for another striker - Why is this Shez?

* We never make a tactical change even at 2 -0 down, always like 4 like changes - Why is this Shez?

* We persist with Crossley, when for the first time in years we have a very good No 2- Why is this Shez?

The squad is like swop shop at the moment, and all the fans want is some sort of explanation to why all this loaning of players, in and out? Why have we wasted money on certain players who dont play?

All this swapping and changing hasnt helped, thats for sure, but we are still with the pack, thats all im sayin! :D

Spot on eddie

if we are gonna have a blip, lets have one now and finish strong.

if i remember rightly blackpool did just that and finished the season by storm, had their run started one game earlier they would have got automatic promotion

its the same every week, we have a good result "were gonna win the league auto promotuon here we come etc"

we lose "were :censored:e we are going knowhere shez out bla bla bla"

EVERY team in this division, including ours, has its strengths, weaknesses, blips, runs, good games and bad games.

From what I can gather so far, we lack the consistency to win the division outright, however I do not think second place is out of our reach and I would personally be dissappointed with anything less than 6th.

Regarding Shez, as eddie said lets see what he does to try to turn it round. He has this season and next left on his contract, and I would guess that if we are still in this div next season and if TTA's laticsworld interview is anything to go by, he will have to work on something of a reduced budget.

I personally would give him until the end of his contract, unless come feb/march we are languishing in the bottom half of the table.

I suspect we will see alot of activity in January, coming in and going out.

Spot on. Though I think that auto is probably a little too far out of our reach - do not think we will manage the consistency to get top 2.

We dont even know who this new forward is yet and he is already :censored:E

:lol: Quality! Just about sums up the lunacy of some people whenever we have a bad game.

Yep. Because the internet has had absolutely NO influence over anything since it was invented. Good call.

Don't try sarcasm if you can't hack it.

(I didn't say that the internet had never influenced anything. But the day it starts to determine how well your team does on the pitch is the time for every football fan to wave the game bye-bye.)

Guest oa_exile
We dont even know who this new forward is yet and he is already :censored:E

What's his first name so I can check him out on soccerbase :)

Every time I type in :censored:E it comes up with Kalala :shock:

(I didn't say that the internet had never influenced anything. But the day it starts to determine how well your team does on the pitch is the time for every football fan to wave the game bye-bye.)

:lol: Seems like it's you that can't.

No-one said it determines the product on the pitch but maybe, just maybe, it is one of many factors which does.

Guest oa_exile

I like the clever use of the word "Hack" :lol:

Facts, figures and statistics can paint a multitude of pictures can't they?. the thread starts with the last 4 games (scunny apart) haven't been brilliant. Well how about 2 wins in the last 9 games...... relegation form is that. Blackpool had a blip and then went on a cracking run to end the season..............Yep they sure did however, does anyone actually believe this current Latics side can match it? cos the way we're going currently we'll need this cracking run in. We've lost to Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Yeovil and Stockport...did anyone have one of them teams as play off sides? nope neither did I. Any side heading for play off's/promotion should only be losing once against these sort of teams and that don't mean losing once against each, it means once between the lot of them.

Sheridan and the boys will always have my backing, as they enjoy from the majority of Tics, but I was bitterly disappointed Saturday and still am. Yeovil are absolute pants and I dont care if Sheridan says they came to do a job and did it. I thought Sheridan and our boys came to do a job as well....so how come we didn't do it! fingers out boys for the rest of the season.