Explosive Interview [MERGED]

This public criticism of players as well, this should be done in house and I would suggest by the manager and not the owner, can't see any good coming from it, Shez can't be to pleased let alone Gregan and Hughes.

They shouldn't be giving them any reason to criticise then.

They shouldn't be giving them any reason to criticise then.

So your saying no player should ever have a bad game.

We are in League 1 not the Premiership and even those high earners just very occasionally have a bad game.

This public bollocking of players takes me back to the good old days when Ronnie was in charge, it was never his fault always the players, he was a master tactician and motivator.

Players do sometimes need a rocket but it should be done privately not in the media.

We are in League 1 not the Premiership and even those high earners just very occasionally have a bad game.

This public bollocking of players takes me back to the good old days when Ronnie was in charge, it was never his fault always the players, he was a master tactician and motivator.

Players do sometimes need a rocket but it should be done privately not in the media.

We all know which players let themselves down on Saturday, obviously Hughes for the unnecessary booking and Gregan by his own admission so Simon isn't criticising players behind their backs, he's not telling us something we don't already know.

I think it's brilliant that we have such an open and honest trustee of our club and would rather have that than the dreaded silence every week.

Simon is a director foremost but he's also a supporter and it's nice to see the passion displayed from a man previously unconnected to the club.

Long may it continue.

Let's hope it has the desired effect on Saturday!!!

I think it's better done in private but we aren't talking about "one bad game", we've won two of the last 9, and lost 4 and when we seem to get a good win under our belt we nullify it with a silly loss at home to Yeovil which was probably the icing on the cake for Corney and Hardy. If it wasn't for our start of season form (which was exceptionally good) we'd be a lot further down the table and with the money we've spent on wages it's just not acceptable. I'm really not too confident of our chances in these 3 away games, especially Southend and Northampton.

So TTA come in save the club give the fans a representative on the board via the trust and say that they are going to be as open as possible with supporters.

The fans say it is about time we had some transparency and its good to have owners keeping them informed.

Fast forward to today and TTA are still doing what they said they would 4 1/2 years ago. But hang on the fans are changing their tune. Now they say we don't want to be hearing you say that in public. You should keep that behind closed doors.

I think the saying dammed if you do and dammed if you don't is very apt here. They really can't win. If you want transparency then you can't complain when you get it. You can't pick and choose what you want to hear.

Why doesn't someone start a poll. The question would be "after 4 1/2 years of transapency from TTA do you want them to continue their policy of openness or should they shut up and say nothing like the good/bad old days?"

Cheers,

Harry

PS Nice to see the Corporal out of hibernation :peepwall:

So TTA come in save the club give the fans a representative on the board via the trust and say that they are going to be as open as possible with supporters.

The fans say it is about time we had some transparency and its good to have owners keeping them informed.

Fast forward to today and TTA are still doing what they said they would 4 1/2 years ago. But hang on the fans are changing their tune. Now they say we don't want to be hearing you say that in public. You should keep that behind closed doors.

I think the saying dammed if you do and dammed if you don't is very apt here. They really can't win. If you want transparency then you can't complain when you get it. You can't pick and choose what you want to hear.

Why doesn't someone start a poll. The question would be "after 4 1/2 years of transapency from TTA do you want them to continue their policy of openness or should they shut up and say nothing like the good/bad old days?"

Cheers,

Harry

PS Nice to see the Corporal out of hibernation :peepwall:

I'll start by saying I am a fan of the open and honest approach taken by TTA and Simon C in particular - and given the choice between the way its currently handled and 'silence' I will happily continue as we are now.

That being said, I see nothing wrong with fans making constructive comments about how the message is delivered and thoughts on how that might impact on others at the club.

I don't know how much of the negative comments had already been given direct to the players and staff at the club prior to being broadcast on the web - I'd hope all of it. I also hope that the players and staff were told that Simon would be making his thoughts public as well.

If not - then this type and level of openess is risky. It could generate a 'we'll show him' attitude and see the team knuckle down OR it could generate mistrust / anger etc.

Simon could have given all the key information in the boradcast, plus a slightly sanitised version of his persoanl thoughts out and still maintained the openess and honesty we all appreciate.