away following

decent. 1/8th the crowd @ £21, crap team (them i mean) got to go there in the league yet, 2 hours away, gregan and CROSSley at the club (joke), gregan and CROSSley at the club, mercenary fc. all in all not a bad effort, did diego make it?

wot the hell are u on- - fantastic u went mate fair play to u this another post to get rid of crossley, ru telling me he woz at fau i ccould have been there, unf circumstances not allow it,

did diego make it?

I was there to witness the usual tale of two halves. I was disappointed but not surprised that some or our fans booed at the end of the first half. I was told by one OWTB Member that Ormerod got injured yesterday and by another OWTB Member that that was bollox! No doubt all will be revealed in due course.

Full credit to the lads for the second half fightback. Tommy Wright was congratulating the lads on the pitch as though they had won - good to see for myself that someone at the Club still wants to progress in the Cup.

Full credit also to those supporters who tried to get the singing going to compete with the small section of young Cheltenham fans, in their own singing section, who sang throughout the game.

I would love to know what was said at half-time and why Gregan was substituted. I thought Hazell and Stam did well as a partnership in the second half.

Typical Latics trying to defend too deep after equalising and we have the 'temple' to thank for still being in the Cup.

I was there to witness the usual tale of two halves. I was disappointed but not surprised that some or our fans booed at the end of the first half. I was told by one OWTB Member that Ormerod got injured yesterday and by another OWTB Member that that was bollox! No doubt all will be revealed in due course.

Full credit to the lads for the second half fightback. Tommy Wright was congratulating the lads on the pitch as though they had won - good to see for myself that someone at the Club still wants to progress in the Cup.

Full credit also to those supporters who tried to get the singing going to compete with the small section of young Cheltenham fans, in their own singing section, who sang throughout the game.

I would love to know what was said at half-time and why Gregan was substituted. I thought Hazell and Stam did well as a partnership in the second half.

Typical Latics trying to defend too deep after equalising and we have the 'temple' to thank for still being in the Cup.

so dIego. how sdd line up in the 1t haf s everyone h thie own opinion when th team was announced, was it a pen, and could hwve pinched it in the end, value you opinion mate so would be grtefully appreciated

Edited by neiladamsheadband

we had plenty of time to assemble one of the biggest squads in the division. we set of brilliantly with said squad, then began to piss around bringing in people on temporary contracts, who dont really want to be here. then the inevitable (inevitable? probably the wrong word as hardly anyone else seems to spot these things) happens and dummys get spat, then the team fails. if u cant get that then i dont know what to say.

so dIego. how sdd line up in the 1t haf s everyone h thie own opinion when th team was announced, was it a pen, and could hwve pinched it in the end, value you opinion mate so would be grtefully appreciated

Your version of pigeon Spanish/Stanley Unwin speak is difficult for me to decipher but here goes.

There is a thread elsewhere with takemeanywhere describing the team formation.

I would have given a penalty when Gregan put both arms over Owusu's shoulders, inviting him to go down. Greegs didn't protest much, but Taylor and Lomax pleaded his innocence to the Ref.

As usual plenty of corners and crosses proved fruitless. We created enough chances to have won the game, or at least tested their keeper, but Smalley and Jones in particular were guilty of hitting the roof of our stand with their shots.

We could also have lost, as Cheltenham forced a series of late corners and then Owusu managed to shoot at the fallen 'temple', when he should have won the game for them.

The comedy highlight was when Martin Alen sent a runner to shout "Higgsy" at their keeper from behind the goal at our end in the second half. The keeper couldn't hear him, so more and more Latics fans joined in with the "Higgsy" chant, until he eventually turned round to receive his instruction.

P.S. It had already been a good day watching ManUre get stuffed over lunch in Tailors pub, and with still being in the Cup, football life looks a lot rosier.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The comedy highlight was when Martin Alen sent a runner to shout "Higgsy" at their keeper from behind the goal at our end in the second half. The keeper couldn't hear him, so more and more Latics fans joined in with the "Higgsy" chant, until he eventually turned round to receive his instruction.

why? vocal latics fans? i hope so. unless it was the drum of course. then i say its disgraceful that managers cant comunicate with their players. and its a joke and..

Your version of pigeon Spanish/Stanley Unwin speak is difficult for me to decipher but here goes.

There is a thread elsewhere with takemeanywhere describing the team formation.

I would have given a penalty when Gregan put both arms over Owusu's shoulders, inviting him to go down. Greegs didn't protest much, but Taylor and Lomax pleaded his innocence to the Ref.

As usual plenty of corners and crosses proved fruitless. We created enough chances to have won the game, or at least tested their keeper, but Smalley and Jones in particular were guilty of hitting the roof of our stand with their shots.

We could also have lost, as Cheltenham forced a series of late corners and then Owusu managed to shoot at the fallen 'temple', when he should have won the game for them.

yeah thanks DIego my typing is the major problem of my inability to get my point across so sorry for dat, hope u enjoyed you day out though, i was trying to ask who started in wot positions just tthought i would of fo more sense from you directly, mate

Are you and neiladamsheadband speaking/writing in tongues tonight, because I can't understand what you're getting at!

sox mare woy i ment wox.

only kidding. could the runner not hear because the tics were loud? and was the drum there? if so i was pretending to rant about it. if not rant still applys!

sox mare woy i ment wox.

only kidding. could the runner not hear because the tics were loud? and was the drum there? if so i was pretending to rant about it. if not rant still applys!

There was no drum and the Latics fans were chanting in unison with the Cheltenham manager's runner, but the keeper didn't hear, presumably because he was concentrating on the game. You had to be there but, believe me, it was funny!

After going to Bristol & Swindon and Hearing how exciting our draw was according to the owners I went to a cracker of a game at Curzon £10 Bargain!!!!

Fair play and full credit to the 323 who went.

Strange things are happening at Boundary Park these days and I for one want more than a change in net.

Hi Diego,

Hopefully to temper your disappointment with the booing at half time - I thought it was for the ref after the penalty. I certainly thought it was v harsh as Owusu was backing in - though Gregan did have his hands up it was no more than usually goes on in the box that goes unpunished

W

Hi Diego,

Hopefully to temper your disappointment with the booing at half time - I thought it was for the ref after the penalty. I certainly thought it was v harsh as Owusu was backing in - though Gregan did have his hands up it was no more than usually goes on in the box that goes unpunished

W

It's Owusu's job to back in, but as soon as Gregan made contact with him using both arms, it became a clear penalty. Admittedly I see it go unpunished every week, as the refs repeatedly get it wrong.

I can't agree either about the booing being for the ref. It was a short burst immediately the whistle was blown to end the first half. If it had been directed at the ref, I would have expected it to be prolonged as the ref was walking off the pitch.

It's Owusu's job to back in, but as soon as Gregan made contact with him using both arms, it became a clear penalty. Admittedly I see it go unpunished every week, as the refs repeatedly get it wrong.

I can't agree either about the booing being for the ref. It was a short burst immediately the whistle was blown to end the first half. If it had been directed at the ref, I would have expected it to be prolonged as the ref was walking off the pitch.

The penalty was a bit soft for me, and my immediate reaction was that he had given a foul on Gregan by Owusu for backing in. He certainly fouled Gregan before Gregan fouled him. But you put your hands on players nowadays at your own peril. The booing was definately for the team.

Fair play ..... but bet you didn't have a Latics flag there unlike at Blyth where I've spotted several Newcastle flags, talk about being so wrong!!!

Nothing wrong as far as I am concerned - I love the idea that fans can support local non league teams as well - I hope that us and Curzon get through to the third round and we get them at BP - I would welcome a few thousand Mancs supporting the non leaguers then! :grin: